It is not in the bible.....sola scripture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Mungo said:
What utter garbage!
Really, ... you should go read you churches doctrines,,, garbage indeed... I would think that when one spends so much time in it that one would be able to readily identify it.. Garbage that is.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
An anti-Catholic is a cowardly person who resorts to spinning lies and fairy tales about the Catholic Church because he doesn't have any real evidence to go from. He doesn't have the foggiest idea about what the Church actually teaches but he continues to spew out lie after lie as if he did.
By that definition - you ARE an anti-Catholic.

In fact - you just LIED again when you said that I claimed Mary was "divine".
I never made that claim and neither does the Church. Try telling the truth for a change and MAYBE you'll get somewhere . . .
I was speaking to Mary, not you.

Stranger

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
mjrhealth said:
Really, ... you should go read you churches doctrines,,, garbage indeed... I would think that when one spends so much time in it that one would be able to readily identify it.. Garbage that is.
More garbage

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
sic 'er bol, snarf.

you just make this up as you go or what
http://biblehub.com/lexicon/acts/2-3.htm
(try Wicca or something, maybe)
sorry Bol, it is not in the Bible.
And this is a truly idiotic response.

Open your Bible and show me where the word "Incarnation" is found. Do a Biblehub search . . .
While you're at it - show me where the Bible speaks of "Accepting" Jesus as "Personal Lord and Savior".
Can you find the words"Total Depravity", Eternal Security and "Perspecuity" in there?? I didn't think so - yet these are Protestant doctrines.

Bottom line, my Scripturally-bankrupt friend, is that not ALL Christian doctrines are specifically-named in Scripture.
You need to learn the difference between explicit and implicit teaching . . .

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
BoD, it is not my fault that you erroneously implied a quote when you posted, ok. And just because all are deceived does not mean that you have to revel in it, yikes. Seek help ok. Really. No pun intended. Have a nice weekend.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
These insults are getting out of hand. I intend to close this topic unless anyone else has more to say on solo-scriptura.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lforrest said:
These insults are getting out of hand. I intend to close this topic unless anyone else has more to say on solo-scriptura.
Why don't you grow up and let the discussions continue. If you don't want to be part of a forum, then quit being a moderator. Debate and arguing are part of it. This is not a church. It is a forum. If you aint got the guts, then leave.

Stranger

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Stranger said:
Why don't you grow up and let the discussions continue. If you don't want to be part of a forum, then quit being a moderator. Debate and arguing are part of it. This is not a church. It is a forum. If you aint got the guts, then leave.

Stranger
I will engage in discussion at my discretion. My moderator role obliges me to try to keep things civil and on topic even if I am not involved. I do not have time for your provocations Stranger.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sorry Iforrest, you will never get any less once it becomes a discussion between that which opposes Christ and that which glorifies Him. You can shut this one down it will only rear its ugly head again, I am still looking for that where the yglorify Him instead of strippimg Him(Jesus) thatis, of all His powr, divinity, Glory, Rightousness etc etc, Will never Happen

Pity but Jesus always knew it would come to this..

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
mjrhealth said:
Sorry Iforrest, you will never get any less once it becomes a discussion between that which opposes Christ and that which glorifies Him. You can shut this one down it will only rear its ugly head again, I am still looking for that where the yglorify Him instead of strippimg Him(Jesus) thatis, of all His powr, divinity, Glory, Rightousness etc etc, Will never Happen

Pity but Jesus always knew it would come to this..
I understand. The discussion almost always goes downhill after the first couple pages. Everyone has said what is on their mind about the topic by that stage unless they come to the discussion late. It turns into a challenge of who can get in the last word, and other things that are not at all edifying. This is why moderators are needed.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I know, and I feel sorry for you. It is a hard one balancing that what is right. It is a diffucult place to be. But thanks from us.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
Mary

The reason the reformers were right and the Roman church was not right, was because the reformers were going back to the Bible as the source for what they believed. They say the Bible instead of the Roman church is the basis for what they believed.

My point was that perpetual virginity was not needed for the marriage of Mary and Joseph to not be a normal one. Perpetual virginity was not necessary for any reason other than to glorify Mary and place her on a level God never intended. The 10 concubines of David were just that. The 10. That doesn't mean David no longer had sex with other of his wives. There is a difference between wives and concubines. And there is no reason to think David did not have other concubines after this. David put these 10 away not because God commanded. But because Absalom made a point to have sex with these to prove his right to the throne. David wanted nothing more to do with these. (2nd Samuel 16:21-22)

Mary was of the Davidic line also. No need to have Joseph there. And, the virgin birth was kept secret from the Jews. It was not broadcast. The marriage of Mary and Joseph would be important only to conceal the 'virgin birth'. Thus there was no reason for perpetual virginity. Once the Messiah was born of a virgin, no reason to now remain a virgin. Scripture didn't require it.
See (Ps. 69:8) for proof of other children by Mary.

Well, you said Mary is divine. And you said if she had relations with Joseph she was an adulteress. So, that is why I said, that you seem to be saying Mary is either divine or a whore. I say, Mary is not 'divine'. She is a special woman indeed. But not 'divine'. Was she virgin born also? Because that is what it takes to be free from Adams sin, as Christ was. And if she was virgin born, then was her mother 'divine' also? Mary was highly blessed of God among women. But she was still just a woman. She was not the Mother of God. God has no mother or father or beginning or end. She was the mother of the Godman, Jesus Christ. Big difference.

Understand, I am not anti-catholic. I am against the Roman errors that have crept into your church. And this I believe to be one of them. You have wished me well, and I wish you well also. I know there are many within the Roman church who are believers in Christ, just as the reformers were part of the Roman church. I appreciate your method of writing which reflects your attitude concerning these things. And I know it is a volatile subject. Grace and peace to you also.

Stranger
The Reformormers believed in Perpetual Virginity. You are now saying the Reformers were right. You previously said you don't believe in Mary's Perpetual Virginity. You have me confused young man.

Mary was NOT from Davidic ancestors.

Respectfully.....Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lforrest said:
Sola-Scriptura is not in the bible.

Where in scripture does it tell us what books are to be in the bible?

Us Protestants have fewer books then the Catholics and Orthodox. How do we know we got it right if Scripture doesn't tell us which books belong?

We have to rely on the inspired decisions of man. Who was more inspired: Martin Luther or the men of the Catholic/Orthodox Churches?

I am torn!!!

Mary (who is still searching)

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Marymog said:
Sola-Scriptura is not in the bible.

Where in scripture does it tell us what books are to be in the bible?

Us Protestants have fewer books then the Catholics and Orthodox. How do we know we got it right if Scripture doesn't tell us which books belong?

We have to rely on the inspired decisions of man. Who was more inspired: Martin Luther or the men of the Catholic/Orthodox Churches?

I am torn!!!

Mary (who is still searching)
The scriptures don't say that the scriptures should be assembled into one book, the Bible. I would prefer a bible for myself with multiple volumes instead of small print on transparently thin pages in a large book. I'm also sure that God knew it was going to happen, and he likely caused it to happen himself. It is probably for the best it is one book.

The Apocrypha, which is the principle difference in the versions, wasn't removed until long after the Protestant reformation started. Luther and the Catholic church had the same Bible, It is a matter of interpreting that bible differently not inspiration.

Some part of the Apocrypha books may be inspired. I believe it is rightly set aside just from reading it for myself, as it doesn't chime with the rest of the scriptures. I don't think I have ever seen a Catholic quote from the Apocrypha.