It is not in the bible.....sola scripture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha, of course not; i am saying that you obviously need me to "witness" to you in the worst way, and of course being the Loving Soul that i am, i am doing my best to bring Jesus to you, and turn you from your current path, lest you burn in hell for all eternity, which is what i am inferring you will be doing if you don't do what i tell you and dump all that ring-kissing crap.

Now, how does this sit with you, Mary?
are you appreciating my efforts here?
Thankful that i have "witnessed Jesus" to you?
Then why expect anyone else to be?
Hi,

No, I don't need you to witness to me in the worst way. I can't even understand what you are saying so it would be a waste of yours and my time.

Who's ring do you kiss?? Sounds like you kiss your own ring. Who are you to judge what ring I kiss? Do you feel comfortable judging me?

I appreciate your efforts and am thankful that you are witnessing to me instead of someone who doesn't know scripture like I do. I am afraid you would be able to convert a weaker person to your bizarre way of thinking about scripture. I am thankful I am taking up your time instead of you getting your claws into someone who is ignorant of scripture. The more time you spend with me, a person who knows scripture, means less time you are spending with an ignorant person that you would pollute.

Since we have gotten way off topic (sola Scriptura) I will end this conversation. (I suspect you will respond, however, you will not get a response from me unless it is on topic)

IHS...Mary

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
You called me out and you are judging me. So who is this "they" you are talking about???? Are you PERCIEVING that you have authority???;)

You don't need to answer. You have me very confused and we are off topic (Sola Scriptura) Thank you for your time.

Love, Mary
no, i was being facetious, and exemplifying what someone in your authority model sounds like to others, sorry i did not specify this, for your ears. it came to me out pulling weeds that you would misunderstand that too, but it was too late at that point, my apologies.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Are you saying that the biblical practice and the 2,000 year practice of the guy in the closet is NOT biblical and the guy in the closet can't forgive or retain sins?
well, imo that is not even a cogent sentence, but basically yes, that is not how Scripture directs Christians to confess.
That is a Catholic thing, i guess, and i am not sure what Book that comes from, so i do not want to comment on the practice

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so, i'll end this, i know the cognitive dissonance is prolly making you uncomfortable, sorry about that.
Are you the choir director, too? lol

My friend, your cognitive dissonance is not making me uncomfortable. Thank you for your concern and you should be proud of yourself for not only recognizing your mental deficiencies but owning up to them.

If you have inferred that me telling you that I am moving on because you make zero sense AND we have gotten off topic as ME having cognitive dissonance then you are lying to yourself. If lying to yourself makes you feel better about your inability to refute or comprehend anything I have written then I feel sorry for you. Lying to yourself is not healthy.

Mary

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
My friend, your cognitive dissonance is not making me uncomfortable. Thank you for your concern and you should be proud of yourself for not only recognizing your mental deficiencies but owning up to them.

If you have inferred that me telling you that I am moving on because you make zero sense AND we have gotten off topic as ME having cognitive dissonance then you are lying to yourself. If lying to yourself makes you feel better about your inability to refute or comprehend anything I have written then I feel sorry for you. Lying to yourself is not healthy.

Mary
was this meant for me?

Reactions: Pisteuo

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again, I don't understand what you are saying. You have said it is clear now you are saying it is difficult to explain. If it was clear, it wouldn't be difficult to explain. You are saying completely opposite things.

When you say "The important thing is that you believe whatever God puts in your heart" you are preaching Relativism and that belief is dangerous. That belief has divided Christianity and is not biblical.

BTW....We are very far apart, but I appreciate your time.

Love, Mary
What God puts in your heart is NOT relativism. It is His Love and His Spirit.

What is clear to me may not be clear to you. What is clear to you may not be clear to me. Everything about all of us is clear to God.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

What is clear to me may not be clear to you. What is clear to you may not be clear to me. Everything about all of us is clear to God.
nice. good way to put it imo. I've said in the past that absolute truth is like believing you can make accurate statements with "always or never" in them, but that never seemed to get traction, some guy would say they have never worn a dress or whatever, lol

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Amadeus,

Please don't twist my words dear man. I never said what God puts in our heart is relativism. I said your theory that I should "believe whatever God puts in your heart" is relativism. The following opposite examples are what is in the heart of billions of Christians:

It is clear to me that abortion is murder. However, it is clear to many other Christians that abortion is not murder.

It is clear to me that homosexual marriage is not supported by scripture. However, it is clear to many other Christians that homosexual marriage is supported by scripture.

It is clear to me that baptism saves and washes away sins. However, it is clear to many other Christians that it is just a public statement and does nothing to you or for you.

It is clear to me that Jesus said we MUST eat His body and drink His blood to have life in us and have eternal life. However, it is clear to many other Christians that He didn't really mean what He said.

If you believe one way or the other on ANY of those things it could effect your salvation.

If, as your theory goes, everything is so CLEAR then why is there so much confusion on issues that effect our salvation? One of us getting this CLEAR message is CLEARLY wrong since these CLEAR messages are OPPOSITE of each other.

Your theory is text book relativism. If one is to practice your theory it is dangerous to your salvation.

IHS....Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nice. good way to put it imo. I've said in the past that absolute truth is like believing you can make accurate statements with "always or never" in them, but that never seemed to get traction, some guy would say they have never worn a dress or whatever, lol
Hi bbyrd,

I think it is funny how you said you can't believe one can make an accurate statement with the word "never" and then 5 words later YOU use the word "never". :D:D:D

If possible, can you answer this question with a yes or a no: Is it absolutely true that there is no absolute truth?

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we say it will rain, God knows it might rain
AT is just another Name imo
Last chance at an honest conversation without doing word twisting and verbal gymnastics to make yourself feel better about your theory .....Is it true that there is no absolute truth?

Mary

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Last chance at an honest conversation without doing word twisting and verbal gymnastics to make yourself feel better about your theory .....Is it true that there is no absolute truth?

Mary
boy, if "AT is another Name" doesn't work for you,
who can say?
what is currently true might shortly be false
anyone who says he knows anything does not yet know
understand the dialectic nature of Scripture;
you're fam enough with the Hegelian Dialectic,
it is completely natural to us,
see how the Book was written

imo

eastern dialectic and torah - Google Search

Talmudic scholars are credited with raising dialectic argument to an art - Google Search

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Amadeus,

Please don't twist my words dear man. I never said what God puts in our heart is relativism. I said your theory that I should "believe whatever God puts in your heart" is relativism. The following opposite examples are what is in the heart of billions of Christians:
And as I already told you I don't have a theory. You said I was preaching relativism. I was preaching nothing. I was simply trying to answer your questions honestly. Unfortunately we were not communicating well.

It is clear to me that abortion is murder. However, it is clear to many other Christians that abortion is not murder.

It is clear to me that homosexual marriage is not supported by scripture. However, it is clear to many other Christians that homosexual marriage is supported by scripture.

It is clear to me that baptism saves and washes away sins. However, it is clear to many other Christians that it is just a public statement and does nothing to you or for you.

It is clear to me that Jesus said we MUST eat His body and drink His blood to have life in us and have eternal life. However, it is clear to many other Christians that He didn't really mean what He said.

If you believe one way or the other on ANY of those things it could effect your salvation.
Agreed!

If, as your theory goes, everything is so CLEAR then why is there so much confusion on issues that effect our salvation? One of us getting this CLEAR message is CLEARLY wrong since these CLEAR messages are OPPOSITE of each other.

Your theory is text book relativism. If one is to practice your theory it is dangerous to your salvation.

IHS....Mary
No theory! No relativism. God always says, yea or nay.

The problem is people do not always hear what He says and then they use their own rule book or history to decide for Him. I don't. I try to always be listening in order to hear what He is saying:

"And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice." John 10:4

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No theory! No relativism. God always says, yea or nay.
My dear friend,

Your statements are TEXT BOOK relativism.

According to YOUR THEORY once God has said yea to me and nay to you OR nay to me and yea to you on any of those subjects I mentioned we are both right!!

How are we both right???

Well, according to your theory, we are both right because what God puts in our heart is NOT relative to us, it is only truth. It is His Love and His Spirit and we know His love and spirit wouldn't enter our hearts unless it is true. Therefore Marymog is right AND Amadeus is right even though we both believe different things. How confusing......

Thank you for your time.

Respectfully, Mary