Its not what you know

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We all have our convictions for personal reasons, and more often than not, they are too personal that they have no bearing on others. So, in regard to the OP question, I will not give a personal and subjective testimony in order to verify, either to myself or someone else, that I am a bona fide Christian. I feel that something more unequivocal would be required.
And thus, at this point in my life, I don't claim 100% assurance, even though I believe that i am currently on the right track.
So, I'm wondering, is the only thing unequivical to you the signs and wonders?

Much love!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Of course . . . if the devil were so up on things, why exactly would he be trying to overthrow God? I think there's something he's missing.

Just the same, yes, we have to remember, he's like a lion walking around looking for someone to eat!

He is very fond of lion chops!! boom, boom!

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So, I'm wondering, is the only thing unequivical to you the signs and wonders?

Much love!
Something more exceptional than just one's personal, inner feelings. For example, an incredible understanding of God's Word, where he is able to edify those around him, incontrovertibly (not like these forums). A demeanor that even his enemies admire him.
In short, let others tell you that they perceive the holiness inside of you, not deluded and over zealous people always trying to convince others that their blessed. If this were to happen on a regular basis, I'd be impressed. It doesn't necessarily have to be miraculous, just exceptional.
See the difference?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Something more exceptional than just one's personal, inner feelings. For example, an incredible understanding of God's Word, where he is able to edify those around him, incontrovertibly (not like these forums). A demeanor that even his enemies admire him.
In short, let others tell you that they perceive the holiness inside of you, not deluded and over zealous people always trying to convince others that their blessed. If this were to happen on a regular basis, I'd be impressed. It doesn't necessarily have to be miraculous, just exceptional.
See the difference?
Yes, That's good!

James 3:13 "Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom."

There really is a difference between interactions on a forum and interactions in real life, as in real life we get to see a lot more about a person. But then, in this format, given that from the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks, it can make a real display of what is inside a person.

Much love!

Reactions: DNB

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, That's good!

James 3:13 "Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom."

There really is a difference between interactions on a forum and interactions in real life, as in real life we get to see a lot more about a person. But then, in this format, given that from the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks, it can make a real display of what is inside a person.

Much love!
Yes, you're right, a lot comes through even from the pen, ...that is, when reading between the lines. In other words, my only contention is, where applicable, if you have to tell someone that you have the Holy Spirit, you pretty much just disqualified yourself.