Its of Faith so to be of Grace

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spiritual Anarchy!

Christ and His church are one!
God cannot reveal error and the church cannot teach error!

True Christians cannot listen to the errors of excommunicated heretics, but we listen faithfully to Christ, in the bosom of holy mother church, the only ark of salvation!
1 pet 3:20-21 matt 18:17 matt 16:18-19 matt 28:19-20 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-23

Truth must be revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles Jude 1:3) then must be proposed by the church, (Matt 28:19 gal 3:23) without error by the Holy Spirit! (Jn 16:13)

Christ and His church are one! (Acts 9:4 eph 5:31 Jn 15:1-5)

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eph 2:8

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Same difference, the deed of believing by Faith is a Gift. None are saved because they believe but conversely they believe because they are saved by Grace, the Gift of God. First the Gift of Grace is given, then comes the asset, the source is first then the consequence. The source of a persons Faith/Believing is Grace giving the action of believing, believing is the outcome purposed from giving grace. Grace comes first then results Salvation and believing. Believing in Christ is not a natural ability of man, but a Gift of Gods Grace Acts 18:27

27 And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace:

So therefor a person doesnt believe by their own natural faith of the flesh, which cant please God Rom 8:8, but with the Gift of Faith bestowed in the New Birth, the fruit of the Spirit, the Faith that God gives only to His Elect Titus 1:1. This Gift of Faith acknowledges and realizes that Salvation is all by the Grace of God, that Knowledge God works in their heart. Grace gives the saved the knowledge of Salvation Lk 1:77

To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eph 2:8

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Same difference, the deed of believing by Faith is a Gift. None are saved because they believe but conversely they believe because they are saved by Grace, the Gift of God. First the Gift of Grace is given, then comes the asset, the source is first then the consequence. The source of a persons Faith/Believing is Grace giving the action of believing, believing is the outcome purposed from giving grace. Grace comes first then results Salvation and believing. Believing in Christ is not a natural ability of man, but a Gift of Gods Grace Acts 18:27

27 And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace:

So therefor a person doesnt believe by their own natural faith of the flesh, which cant please God Rom 8:8, but with the Gift of Faith bestowed in the New Birth, the fruit of the Spirit, the Faith that God gives only to His Elect Titus 1:1. This Gift of Faith acknowledges and realizes that Salvation is all by the Grace of God, that Knowledge God works in their heart. Grace gives the saved the knowledge of Salvation Lk 1:77

To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

by faith and the sacraments

need faith and Christian baptism to be alive in Christ eph 2 He quickened us! Brought to life by faith and baptism

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The saved persons believing is a gift of God for the sake of Christ Phil 1:29

29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

The word given here is the verb charizomai :

to give graciously, give freely, bestow

Its from the noun charis which is translated grace 130 times in the NT,

So again the saved mans believing is a gift of Gods Grace, By Gods Grace believing is worked in a person. Remember Pauls testimony ?

Was he not a apostle ? A servant of Jesus Christ ? A believer in Christ ? Now how so ? 1 Cor 15:10

10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

Notice the word bestowed in 1 Cor 15:10, though not in the original, yet its conveying the idea of being given as a Gift, that is Grace given into him, this denoted by the prep upon/eis . Gods Grace works within us when bestowed upon us.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its a given that scripture says whosever believes hath eternal life Jn 3:16

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Jn 3:15

That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

And of course this is so true. Yet how does a spiritually dead sinner change from being a unbeliever and hater of God naturally, into a Believer who begins to Love God, the True God ? The answer is by Sovereign Grace, they believe because of Grace Acts 18:27, they also believe because of Election Acts 13:48, even Election is of Grace Rom 11:5-6. A mans believing totally due to Gods Grace 1 Pet 1:21. Hasnt it been said that " No man can come to Jesus except it be given " Jn 6:65

65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

The word given didōmi means to bestow as a gift ! This being the case, it goes without saying, nobody can believe in Jesus unless its given to them by Gods Gift of Grace. See Phil 1:29

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man is under the delusion that Gods Grace only makes Salvation possible, not understanding that Grace actually brings Salvation as the Gift of God Titus 2:11

11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

The word bring denotes to bring about , to accomplish, to cause Salvation. See Grace is God energetically saving His People from their sins Matt 1:21.

Gods Grace isnt something offered to man that man can appropriate to himself to get saved, but its that by which man is saved Eph 2:5,8 !

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More Works salvation, enemy to Grace.

only cause you miss the meaning of grace

grace and faith with good works supplies the defects of fallen human nature
And enables us to be holy and act righteous

explain:

1. 1 Corinthians 6:9
    Know ye not that the unrighteous shall notinherit the kingdom of God? Be notdeceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

2. Galatians 5:21
    Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shallnot inherit the kingdom of God.

Hebrews 6:6
If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Paul writing to adult Christians!

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
only cause you miss the meaning of grace

grace and faith with good works supplies the defects of fallen human nature
And enables us to be holy and act righteous

explain:

1. 1 Corinthians 6:9
    Know ye not that the unrighteous shall notinherit the kingdom of God? Be notdeceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

2. Galatians 5:21
    Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shallnot inherit the kingdom of God.

Hebrews 6:6
If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Paul writing to adult Christians!
More Works salvation, enemy to Grace.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation is by Grace apart from works, its apart from anything done by a person of which he can boast, or feel good about. It does come through the Gift of Faith, which makes it by Faith alone, which Gift of Faith is not of man, but a Gift given to man, and so all of Salvation including the Gift of Faith, is of Grace alone. Eph 2:8

Rom 4:16

16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read carefully what Rom 4:16 is saying about Faith

16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,91

Simply stated, Faith is by or the by product of Grace, Grace given manufactures Faith. Thats why Faith is not of ourselves but its the Gift of God Eph 2:8 that is its a Gift of Gods Grace. In the Eph 2:8 verse opposers argue that Faith isn't a Gift because its feminine in gender and gift is neuter in gender in the greek. Yes that's true but it doesnt change the character of faith being a gift of Grace since both Grace and Faith are feminine, and there's no disputing that Grace is the Gift of God. Paul specifically calls it a gift here Eph 3:7

Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

Now was he made a minister apart from being made a believer, Faith in Christ ? No ! Grace is nothing less than the effectual working of Christs power ! So its of Faith to evidence its the by product of Gods effectual Grace and power.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 2: 8: For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Salvation is of God in its; completeness: , in every part, beginning to end, so that God gets all the glory and the saved sinner has no room to boast about anything.

Faith is the Gift of Gods Grace which is the spiritual medium which the saved receives a first hand knowledge experientially of the already purchased salvation they have in Christ, hence its by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, its the gift of God.

All three things mentioned in Eph 2:8 are gifts of God,

Grace is the Gift of God, Salvation is the Gift of God, and Faith is the Gift of God !

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only difference between the many who perish and the few who are chosen is the difference which grace has made 1 Corinthians 4:7; 2 Thessalonians 2:10-14. As for me, I gratefully credit the whole of my salvation to Gods grace, who loved me with His own freewill ,with an everlasting love and saved me by His grace Eph 2:8. “By the grace of God I am what I am 1 Cor 15:10.” I am chosen by grace Rom 11:5, redeemed by grace Eph 1:7, called by grace Gal 1:15, given faith to believe by grace Acts 18:27, preserved by grace Ps 37:28, and sovereign grace alone shall bring me into heaven’s eternal glory 1 Thess 5:23

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation is by Grace apart from works, its apart from anything done by a person of which he can boast, or feel good about. It does come through the Gift of Faith, which makes it by Faith alone, which Gift of Faith is not of man, but a Gift given to man, and so all of Salvation including the Gift of Faith, is of Grace alone. Eph 2:8

Rom 4:16

16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

so all are saved!