I've Blashphemed the Holy Spirit. What now?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible says He will not return until His Gospel is preached throughout the entire world....so I don't think there will be anyone who hasn't heard the gospel. But I don't know for sure.

Yeah, but my question was also about people who were never Christians in the first place.

Reactions: Grailhunter

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just don't know.....if they hear the gospel and reject it then they are condemned. That's all I can say.

So does that mean they didn't commit the unpardonable sin according to you?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God love ya JBF. Happy New Year!
Just because you are you I will hear you out. Tell we why you think you are right.
Happy New year.

Maybe another time.

Right now I am saddened by someone in particular's response to me in another thread, I think I'm going to cry.

(because after I spelled out a thing that I said in tongues, he attributed that to devils coming out of me)

(it's not so much the fact that he insulted me but that his eternal destiny is now sealed)

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul @April_Rose

Yeah, but my question was also about people who were never Christians in the first place.

The inability to answer the question comes from the fact that Christians do not know that much about Shoal, but the Jews did.

Numbers 16:33
So they and all that belonged to them went down alive to Sheol; and the earth closed over them, and they perished from the midst of the assembly.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Happy New year.

Maybe another time.

Right now I am saddened by someone in particular's response to me in another thread, I think I'm going to cry.

(because after I spelled out a thing that I said in tongues, he attributed that to devils coming out of me)

(it's not so much the fact that he insulted me but that his eternal destiny is now sealed)
The devil is not in you JBF.
People say the craziest of things....get use to it.

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Happy New year.

Maybe another time.

Don't forget, they can always repent until the moment of death. *Hugs*

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't forget, they can always repent until the moment of death. *Hugs*

Right...the fact that he has committed this blasphemy means only that he is in danger of eternal condemnation (Mark 3:29 (kjv)).

He can escape the danger by repenting and apologizing to the Holy Spirit.

Of course the Holy Spirit is a Person and He has said the following.

Rom 9:15, For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

Rom 9:18, Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

At least, somehow, the Holy Spirit has made these posts to be appropo to the subject matter of the thread...

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmm,.. interesting concept,.. but I still believe that anybody rejects Christ with a hardened heart until death is committing the unforgivable sin.
Think about it....how can you sin against something or someone you don't believe in?
Of course they are already condemned because of their unbelief. In either case they are condemned.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think about it....how can you sin against something or someone you don't believe in?
Of course they are already condemned because of their unbelief. In either case they are condemned.

Idk, it's a really a hard and tricky question. :/

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deep theological question, ladies.....brings up more questions than answers...

Some believe that the Jews in the Old Testament went to hell.

Some believe that the Jews in the Old Testament went to Sheol.

Some believe that various levels of Sheol is the destination for those that never heard the Gospel.

Some believe that various levels of Sheol is the destination for those that choose not to accept Christ as their Savior.

Some believe that after dying on the Cross, Christ went to Sheol to preach the Gospel there. Referred to in the Bible as paradise.

Some believe that there are levels of Sheol that are similar to that of the Catholic Purgatory.

It appear that there was an afterlife in the Old Testament because Mediums could talk to them.

During the transfiguration, Christ talked to Moses and Elijah. Where were they?

Then there are Christians that believe you do not go to Heaven or Hell right away....so....where are they?

For those that believe that there are only two possible destinations...all this brings up a problem and they do not have an answer that explanations where the souls are between death and their final destination. Resurrection of the bodies is one thing, but where were the souls and there status. On this point some believe the Souls go into some unconscious stasis, but they still have to be somewhere.

Some believe that Sheol and Hades are the same thing. We can mostly thank the King James Version for that mess up. Hades is a Greek word....it is not in the Old Testament....The Old Testament is mostly Hebrew....Hades was a god in Greek Mythology....a god of mischief that reigned over an underground realm similar to hell but not so much punishment. Early Christians found similarities with this and used it in their writings...but mostly not as Sheol but as hell.

Opinions will vary and I am ok with opinions.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deep theological question, ladies.....brings up more questions than answers...

Some believe that the Jews in the Old Testament went to hell.

Some believe that the Jews in the Old Testament went to Sheol.

Some believe that various levels of Sheol is the destination for those that never heard the Gospel.

Some believe that various levels of Sheol is the destination for those that choose not to accept Christ as their Savior.

Some believe that after dying on the Cross, Christ went to Sheol to preach the Gospel there. Referred to in the Bible as paradise.

Some believe that there are levels of Sheol that are similar to that of the Catholic Purgatory.

It appear that there was an afterlife in the Old Testament because Mediums could talk to them.

During the transfiguration, Christ talked to Moses and Elijah. Where were they?

Then there are Christians that believe you do not go to Heaven or Hell right away....so....where are they?

For those that believe that there are only two possible destinations...all this brings up a problem and they do not have an answer that explanations where the souls are between death and their final destination. Resurrection of the bodies is one thing, but where were the souls and there status. On this point some believe the Souls go into some unconscious stasis, but they still have to be somewhere.

Some believe that Sheol and Hades are the same thing. We can mostly thank the King James Version for that mess up. Hades is a Greek word....it is not in the Old Testament....The Old Testament is mostly Hebrew....Hades was a god in Greek Mythology....a god of mischief that reigned over an underground realm similar to hell but not so much punishment. Early Christians found similarities with this and used it in their writings...but mostly not as Sheol but as hell.

Opinions will vary and I am ok with opinions.

My opinion is that I'm not even going to attempt to make my brain work that much lol

Reactions: Grailhunter