I've Blashphemed the Holy Spirit. What now?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Murder, just an example.
Murder, is a serious sin...but Christ never said, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to com
But He said it...not me...Christ said it, about blaspheming against the Holy Spirit.
You may not like it, you may not believe it, but you cannot dispute that Bible indicates that He said it.
Most of your issues with this comes from common misconceptions. And no I am not going to call you crazy lol

Okay now you're just contradicting yourself. :/

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah hello there, good afternoon to you as well I haven't seen you for awhile how've you been? Anyways, @Grailhunter was trying to say the exact opposite. I was agreeing with what you were saying but only using different words.
I have been busy with holiday stuff...I am so glad it's over!. I feel like I have ran a 20 mile marathon in 5 minutes.....lol.
Glad we are on the same page....referring to scripture.
Have a blessed day.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been busy with holiday stuff...I am so glad it's over!. I feel like I have ran a 20 mile marathon in 5 minutes.....lol.
Glad we are on the same page....referring to scripture.
Have a blessed day.

Thanks bless you too but @Grailhunter must be in a totally different book because it sure isn't the Bible. And I really like him and everything so it isn't personal by any means.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are saved by grace, you are no longer a sinner (1 John 3:9; 1 John 3:6, 1 John 2:17); in the sense of one who commits sin.

You are still a sinner (1 Timothy 1:15, 1 John 1:8) in that the element of sin still indwells your mortal body.

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No contradiction.
He did not say that about murder or any other sin...just blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. What He said is clear and it is what He meant.

You said that murder was the unpardonable sin though.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I did not.
I said, Murder, is a serious sin...but Christ never said, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to com

Reread post number 33,.. perhaps I misunderstood you then.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks bless you too but @Grailhunter must be in a totally different book because it sure isn't the Bible. And I really like him and everything so it isn't personal by any means.
Well not to be in disagreement, but as I read his post I understood him to say it is possible to blasphemy the Holy Spirit as a Christian....however I also believe it is done ignorantly....but once knowledge and truth comes there is no excuse.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are saved by grace, you are no longer a sinner (1 John 3:9; 1 John 3:6, 1 John 2:17); in the sense of one who commits sin.

You are still a sinner (1 Timothy 1:15, 1 John 1:8) in that the element of sin still indwells your mortal body.
I understand that there is a belief that once you are saved that you are incapable of sinning.
I disagree with that and the scriptures disagree with that. 1st John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well not to be in disagreement, but as I read his post I understood him to say it is possible to blasphemy the Holy Spirit as a Christian....however I also believe it is done ignorantly....but once knowledge and truth comes there is no excuse.

Well I suppose that if a Christian were to totally turn their back on God forever and harden their hearts then yeah it could, but I don't see how it's possible otherwise for a true believer.

I cut and pasted what I said.

Nevermind. It's like beating a dead horse at this point. :rolleyes: (Excuse the expression because I actually love horses as they're one of my favorite animals. :D)

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand that there is a belief that once you are saved that you are incapable of sinning.
I disagree with that and the scriptures disagree with that. 1st John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us.
Having no sin would mean that sin does not any longer indwell us. I am not saying that.

I am saying that sin, as it does indwell us, is rendered dead (Romans 6:6, Galatians 5:24, Romans 7:8) so that it no longer has any say over our behaviour (Romans 6:14).

So we don't have to commit sin; while we also do not say that we "have" no sin.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Having no sin would mean that sin does not any longer indwell us. I am not saying that.

I am saying that sin, as it does indwell us, is rendered dead (Romans 6:6, Galatians 5:24, Romans 7:8) so that it no longer has any say over our behaviour (Romans 6:14).

The way I see it the Holy Spirit can prevent us from sinning but having sinned many, many, many times before in our lifetimes we're still classified as sinners.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly right.
Happy Holidays both of you.
Christ said what He said. It is in context of the scenario given, and He goes on to explain further.
Still the point is, it is matter between us and Christ.
But there is no way of assuming that it is like any other sin.
He points out that you can say something against Him, and it can be forgiven...but there is something about the Holy Spirit that is unique.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I said, I understand this belief.
But in motion, in the real, I sin, you sin, they sin, we all sin. You have issues with Christians being called sinners...I have seen it before.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I said, I understand this belief.
But in motion, in the real, I sin, you sin, they sin, we all sin. You have issues with Christians being called sinners...I have seen it before.

Looks like they just said the opposite actually. -__-

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly right.
Happy Holidays both of you.
Christ said what He said. It is in context of the scenario given, and He goes on to explain further.
Still the point is, it is matter between us and Christ.
But there is no way of assuming that it is like any other sin.
He points out that you can say something against Him, and it can be forgiven...but there is something about the Holy Spirit that is unique.
Yes, and scripture says not to grieve the Holy Spirit....so He is very sensitive to the Holiness of God and leading us to walk holy as He is Holy is His purpose. To teach us to walk in His ways.
To my knowledge there is no scripture that says we can grieve Jesus or God.....I know they grieve for the lost but that is not the same.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, and scripture says not to grieve the Holy Spirit....so He is very sensitive to the Holiness of God and leading us to walk holy as He is Holy is His purpose. To teach us to walk in His ways.
To my knowledge there is no scripture that says we can grieve Jesus or God.....I know they grieve for the lost but that is not the same.
Right
But Christ warning about the Holy Spirit is very serious and leaves no wiggle room.