I've Blashphemed the Holy Spirit. What now?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes it is helpful for me to say what I am not saying.
I am not saying that someone that blasphemes the Holy Spirit is not going to Heaven.
I copy and pasted what Christ said, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come. He was speaking the truth.
There is a judgement day....and judging will occur. We may not find ourselves standing in front of Christ absolutely sinless. If so there would be no reason for judgement day. As Christ said in these scripture our words will be judged, not that our words regarding this will be forgiven before hand. Now merciful as He is, if we are sorry and repent....I would say that odds are good that He will forgive us.

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes it is helpful for me to say what I am not saying.
I am not saying that someone that blasphemes the Holy Spirit is not going to Heaven.
I copy and pasted what Christ said, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come. He was speaking the truth.
There is a judgement day....and judging will occur. We may not find ourselves standing in front of Christ absolutely sinless. If so there would be no reason for judgement day. As Christ said in these scripture our words will be judged, not that our words regarding this will be forgiven before hand. Now merciful as He is, if we are sorry and repent....I would say that odds are good that He will forgive us.

But you didn't say that before though.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you didn't say that before though.
I can write it, but you have to read it. lol
I said....So you will be at the mercy of Christ on Judgement day....Lucky for you....Christ is merciful. I would suggest a lot of repentance between now and then.

It has always been called the unpardonable sin...for a reason...since who knows lol

Lucky for you I have a sense of humor.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I said....So you will be at the mercy of Christ on Judgement day....Lucky for you....Christ is merciful. I would suggest a lot of repentance between now and then.

Yes,.. you wrote this after you said all of that other stuff of a Christian being able to commit the unpardonable sin after the slip of a tongue. If you would have used a different context then I would have agreed with you.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes,.. you wrote this after you said all of that other stuff of a Christian being able to commit the unpardonable sin after the slip of a tongue. If you would have used a different context then I would have agreed with you.
I put it in the same context that Christ did...literally cut and pasted out of the Bible.
It is serious offense and Christians can blaspheme the Holy Spirit and it has been called the unpardonable sin for a reason. You cannot get forgiveness during your lifetime...It is a matter that is between you and Christ on Judgement day.

This is not a singular statement in the scriptures. It is clear and concise and in context with the scenario and the discussion at hand and Christ goes on to elaborate on how to prevent judging good things as bad.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can write it, but you have to read it. lol

It has always been called the unpardonable sin...for a reason...since who knows lol

Lucky for you I have a sense of humor.
I tend to think that the ONLY person who can blaspheme the Holy Spirit are Christians....non-Christians haven't even met the Holy Spirit yet....IMHO

Reactions: Grailhunter

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tend to think that the ONLY person who can blaspheme the Holy Spirit are Christians....non-Christians haven't even met the Holy Spirit yet....IMHO
I think that maybe you should go back and read through this thread; paying special attention to the posts that I have posted.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wouldn't say he is judging...he has a different belief than you...and both of you are firm in what you believe.

He hasn't even made it clear what he believes though,.. at least to me as he keeps saying the same thing but writing different responses and contradicting his own posts. :/

Interesting thought,.. so what happens to those who never knew or accepted Christ their whole entire lives?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He hasn't even made it clear what he believes though,.. at least to me as he keeps saying the same thing but writing different responses and contradicting his own posts. :/

Interesting thought,.. so what happens to those who never knew or accepted Christ their whole entire lives?
The Bible says He will not return until His Gospel is preached throughout the entire world....so I don't think there will be anyone who hasn't heard the gospel. But I don't know for sure.