Jacobs Ladder

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Genesis 28:10 "And Jacob went out from Beer-sheba, and went toward Haran."Genesis 28:11 "And he lighted upon a certain place, and tarried there all night, because the sun was set; and he took of the stones of that place, and put them for his pillows, and lay down in that place to sleep."Jacob, who will be the father of the twelve Patriarchs, picked a stone to lay his head upon; and we will see later where this pillow stone, also called Jacob's pillar, will become important in the future. Jacob's conduct , was not that of one who simply feared and trusted in God. But now in trouble, obliged to flee, he looked only to God to make him to dwell in safety, and he could lie down and sleep in the open air with his head upon a stone. Any true believer would be willing to take up with Jacob's pillow, provided he might have Jacob's vision. God's time to visit his people with his comforts, is, when they are most destitute of other comforts, and other comforters. Genesis 28:12 "And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set upon the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it."Jacob saw a ladder which reached from earth to heaven, the angels going up and coming down, and God himself at the head of it. This represents, the providence of God, by which there is a constant inter action kept up between heaven and earth. This ladder is representative of Christ, the foot on earth in his human nature, the top in heaven in his Divine nature. Christ is the Way; all God's favours come to us, and all our services go to him, by ChristJesus referred to this ladder in the gospel of John 1:51; "And He saith unto him, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the son of man." It is the windows of heaven that open, and the angels that come and go from God's throne are to the service of Jesus Christ. Christ is the link between heaven and earth. It is by and through Christ that the angels descend and ascend. Christ is the link between God and man, for Christ is the tabernacle for man, to allow God to commune with man.By this way, sinners draw near to the throne of grace with acceptance. By faith we perceive this way, and in prayer we approach by it. In answer to prayer we receive all needful blessings of providence and grace. We have no way of getting to heaven but by ChristGenesis 28:13 "And, behold, the Lord stood above it, and said, "I am the Lord God of Abraham thy father, and the God of Isaac: the land whereon thou liest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed;"God is the God of the living, and not the dead. God is the God of all souls, and the living souls are those souls that are in Christ, and did things God's way. God now spake comfortably to Jacob. He spake from the head of the ladder. All the glad tidings we receive from heaven come through Jesus Christ. The Messiah should come from Jacob. Christ is the great blessing of the world. All that are blessed, are blessed in him, and none of any family are shut out from blessedness in him, but those that shut out themselves. Jacob had to fear danger from his brother Esau; but God promises to keep him. He had a long journey before him; to an unknown country; but, Behold, I am with thee, and God promises to bring him back again to this land. He seemed to be forsaken of all his friends; but God gives him this assurance, I will not leave thee. Whom God loves, he never leaves. Genesis 28:14 "And thy seed shall be as the dust of the earth, and thou shalt spread abroad to the west, and to the east, and to the north and to the south: and in thee and in thy seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed."It will be through Jacobs family that Jesus Christ will be born, and it is through Jesus Christ the we receive all our blessings. It is through Jesus Christ that the souls of all mankind can receive eternal life of the soul. Christ is the only ladder by which all mankind can ascend to the throne of God, and His name is the authority for our approaching that throne in repentance and requests. This verse is also in reference to Jacob's sons become many nations scattered around the world, in geographic locations that would be a wealth to their peoples. Genesis 28:15 "And, behold, I am with thee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest, and will bring thee again into this land; for I will not leave thee, until I have done that which I have spoken to thee of."This promise is to Jacob and all the generations that followed him, right up to our present generation.This is the same promise we have today at the End of this age we will enter the promised land where Christ will rule as KING Of KINGS forever. Genesis 28:16 "And Jacob awaked out of his sleep, and he said, "Surely the Lord is in this place; and I knew it not."God manifested himself and his favour, to Jacob, when he was asleep. The Spirit, like the wind, blows when and where it lists, and God's grace, does not tarry for his children.Our Heavenly Father has stated that "I will always be with you, I will not leave thee nor forsake thee". He stated this in the fifteenth verse, and today His Holy Spirit is also with each of us, and this promise is expanded especially in this end time generation. We will see God moving to intercede on behalf of His people as the events of the end times unfold before our eyes.Genesis 28:17 "And he was afraid, and said, "How dreadful is this place! this is none other but the house of God, and this is the gate of heaven."This would be more accurately translated, "How awesome is this place." Jacob knew that this is the window to see right into heaven, and the gate to control the access right into heaven and the throne of God. Genesis 28:18 "And Jacob rose up early in the morning, and took the stone that he had put for his pillow, and set it up for a pillar, and poured oil upon the top of it." Jacob anointed that stone, and later there would be huge rings placed in it, and it would be carried where ever the Israelites would go. That rock would be there as a reminder to the vision of Jacob, and the promises of God to him and the generations of his children that would follow. Today it is called "The Stone of Destiny".Genesis 28:19 "And he called the name of that place Beth-el: but the name of that city was called Luz at the first.""Beth" meaning "house", and "el" is "God". The name of the place then is the "house of God". "Luz" means "almond tree", or a reference in the Hebrew for birth to continue. Genesis 28:20 "And Jacob vowed a vow, saying, "If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on,"Jacob made a solemn vow on this occasion. Jacob's has great faith. He trusts that God will be with him, and will keep him; he depends upon it. Jacob's moderation in his desires. If God give us much, we are bound to be thankful, and to use it for him; if he gives us but little, we are bound to be content, and cheerfully to enjoy him in it. Jacob's piety, and his regard to God, appear in what he desired, that God would be with him, and keep him. We need desire no more to make us easy and happy. Also his resolution is, to cleave to the Lord, as his God in covenant. When we receive more than common mercy from God, we should abound in gratitude to him. Genesis 28:21 "So that I come again to my father's house in peace; then shall the Lord be my God:"Jacob is in turn making a contract with God. God has spoken and promised Jacob a long and prosperous life, with many children, and that the Messiah would come through his offspring, Now Jacob is recognizing the fact of this promise, and in turn making a commitment back to God. We can test our Lord, as long as our challenging does not go against God's will, which is written in His Word. Genesis 28:22 "And the stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that Thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto Thee." Jacob set that pillar as God's house, to be a remembrance not only of God's covenant to him, but also Jacobs commitment to God. If you want a reason for the giving of the tenth back to God, this is the best that you can find. It is the keeping of the commitment made by father Jacob to God, that as God blesses you, you are bound by that commitment to "surely give the tenth unto Thee."That pillar exists today where it sat at the head chair of the crown of England This particular stone has been carried through the wilderness by the Israelites, and held through many centuries. It is the stone that the kings of Israelites were crown on, and today it sat in Westminster Abby in England, and the Kings and Queens of England are crowned upon, until 1996 when it was returned to Scotland with a promise to return it for any future coronations.It is the stone that Queen Elizabeth II was crowned upon, and should there be another linkage in the royalty line, he or she will also be crowned upon "Jacob's pillar" [stone]

Lookin4wardtoHeaven

Jul 17, 2007
((( Kriss ))))Wow! What a powerful vision God gave Jacob and reading what you posted here .... it all is so clear to me now. Thank you for taking the time to explain it
smile.gif
humming the song "We are climbing Jacob's Ladder" God:blessYou:

Lookin4wardtoHeaven

Jul 17, 2007
I was doing some scripture reading tonight ( helps me to relax sometimes after stressful day)I ran across this scripture in my bible :study: Hebrews 11:66 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. I know this concerning Faith, but I thought it might relate to Jacob's Ladder. ... because faith would be the first round (step) toward God( am I right?)

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
Perry Stone was talking about this very subject this week...I do not miss one episode of his.