Jehovah witness and by default Bible Students

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And how do you know you were led by the Holy Spirit and not your own desire or demon.

Have you actually tested it against the Scriptures? No, you have not.
The only way a person can protect himself against the delusions coming from a loss of or a lack of love for God's truth is to check in with God regularly. Your question brings to mind the problem of the unnamed man of God out of Judah [I Kings 13] sent to Jeroboam the first king of the northern 10 tribes after their separation from Judah upon the death of Solomon. That man of God prophesied accurately about King Josiah who would be born and reign about 350 years later. That same man of God failed to check in with God before taking one action and as a result was slain by a lion on his way home. He was deluded and failed to check in with God instead of acting on his own presumption as to what was God's will.

The apostle Paul wrote of such delusion but Jesus described the way to get past any such delusion in the parable written in Luke 14:;7-11

Even so do I test myself by returning daily to the "lowest room" effectively dropping down to the very bottom in all things of God which I have had and letting God exalt me again if and only if that is His will...

This is the test I put myself to, but it is not my test but God's...

Last edited:

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only way a person can protect himself against the delusions coming from a loss of or a lack of love for God's truth is to check in with God regularly. Your question brings to mind the problem of the unnamed man of God out of Judah [I Kings 13] sent to Jeroboam the first king of the northern 10 tribes after their separation from Judah upon the death of Solomon. That man of God prophesied accurately about King Josiah who would be born and reign about 350 years later. That same man of failed to check in with God before taking one action and as a result was slain by a lion on his way home. He was deluded and failed to check in with God instead of acting on this own presumption as to what was God's will.

The apostle Paul wrote of such delusion but Jesus described the way to get past any such delusion in the parable written in Luke 14:;7-11

Even so do I test myself by returning daily to the "lowest room" effectively dropping down to the very bottom in all things of God which I have had and letting God exalt me again if and only if that is His will...

This is the test I put myself to, but it is not my test but God's...

I understand you are locked in. So let's just say we disagree.

B

Butterfly

As human beings no we are not better.

But as born again we are far superior. We have Christ, they do not.

Our job to get them to join us, not to support and embrace them in their sin.

I was thinking about your response last night, I felt there was something wrong about what you conveyed, not so much the words but what possibly lay behind them. It niggled me, so I pondered it more.
Claiming ' superiority ' can come across as ' better than others ' in a wrong way. Certainly having The Holy Spirit is an advantage - however the niggle was with your last comment.
, and this morning when Amadeus meantioned about the gifts , the different roles we have. You didn't respond to his question, you jumped back and in defence accused him of not studying scripture because he was following a leading from the Holy Spirit. I have known Amedeaus a long time, by questioning that you are questioning his faith, and I know him to be a man of spiritual integrity.
You are questioning his testimony, which in essence is questioning the Holy Spirit work, isn't it !?

I believe there are times when we speak on behalf of the Holy Spirit and other times we are merely expressing our selves on a human level - times when we are led to speak, and times when we just choose to......when we speak because the Holy Spirit prompts us to, well those words impact , because the Holy Spirit knows who we are speaking to and why they need to hear those words. When we speak just because we feel a need, well those have very little impact on bringing anyone to faith, or being challenged about sin , or even just giving food for thought.

I wonder how many times you post because you think ' you ' are on a mission, and how many times it comes from the Holy Spirit.
Also , why the videos , the Holy Spirit knows the truth , so if you are speaking from a prompt you should know the words the Holy Spirit wants you to say, and to whom.
I wonder if you would be willing to consider what I have said...... You said you have studied scripture, and you sometimes use that as a battering ram to accuse others of not doing so, but have you studied ' how ' and ' when ' the apostles and Jesus spoke up.......
Rita

Reactions: Nancy

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No, it means I clearly understood what you said including you would not change your mind.

How come it is always everyone else who has to change their mind, but its never you!!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because I don't say anything until I'm sure.
"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:" Ecc 3:1
"... a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;" Ecc 3:7

"But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned." Matt 12:36-37

Reactions: Butterfly

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was in the home of a Jehovah witness couple in 1968. On their coffee table was a copy of the watchtower that you see in video. Inside there was pictures of graves split open and empty etc.

Last edited:

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Crying out loud man..give it a break.
Do you have nothing better to share except pointing at other people.
How is your own walk brother...you better be perfect if all you can do is trying to expose others and pull them down.I think you are one of the most un-christ-like people I have yet to see.
"Let him who is without sin, cast the first stone. "
Interesting..Why is it that you slam CoreIssue but not the false doctrines? Seems to me that is being very selective in the use of your religious tolerance. I don't think you are a good judge of what is Christian or unchristian. Why is it you don't stand firmly on the Biblical Truth as we are told to? Bible believing Christians are told to reprove with scripture & rebuke when necessary.
Btw, John 8:7 --Was never used to Defend or Protect false teachers , nor to attack those like Apostle Paul, who point them out.
Actually @CoreIssue gives Patient instruction. He is merely countering all the False teachings that are outside of what the Bible teaches by giving correction & posting videos so these false teachings are exposed by sound theologians & people have the opportunity to hear the why these teachings are false.
Titus 1:13 specifically teaches Christians how we are to confront false teachers & defend the truth.
Titus 1:13
Correcting False Teachers
…12 As one of their own prophets has said, “Cretans are always liars, evil beasts, lazy gluttons.” 13 This testimony is true. Therefore Rebuke them sternly , so that they will be sound in the faith."

2Tim 4:2-3 " 2 Preach the Word ; Be Prepared in season and out of season; Reprove, Rebuke, and Encourage with ever form of Patient Instruction.
3 For the time will come when men will not tolerate sound doctrine, but with itching ears they will gather around themselves teachers to suit their own desires.…

I think that time is now.

Last edited:

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How come it is always everyone else who has to change their mind, but its never you!!
It is a matter of what the Bible states not that everyone's own opinions & beliefs are equally true. Is that the way Apostle Paul taught, letting the greeks bring in some of their mistaken spiritual beliefs or does the scripture tell us to hold fast to that which is true?