Jerusalem Is The Whore Mystery Babylon The Great, Of Revelation 17.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God spells it out pretty clearly for us tbh.

God spells it all out for us to be honest, its pretty basic stuff.

Rev. 16:19 And the great city was divided(Jerusalem/Earthquake/Jesus) into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell{Jesus speaks victory} and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.

So, God calls those He defeats via Jesus in Rev. 16:19 Babylon the Great. So, who are these people? Vial #6 tells us exactly who thy are, no guess work needed.

Rev. 16:14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

Thus God tells us Babylon is this whole deceived world, under Satan's rule. What an apt description. The word Babel means confusion, and here we see Satan confusing the masses to the point they try to defeat their own loving, caring God.
I disagree, Jerusalem killed the prophets, and is the (Great City) where Jesus was crucified

Your world Babylon claim falls short of meeting the description, in those two facts alone

Ronald D Milam

Jan 12, 2022
Clanton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree, Jerusalem killed the prophets, and is the (Great City) where Jesus was crucified

Your world Babylon claim falls short of meeting the description, in those two facts alone
That is all great brother, but there is nothing to disagree about, God Himself called those Jesus killed Babylon the Great. All we have to do is find out who there were, and Vial #6 tells us they were all the kings of the WHOLE EARTH. Babylon is not a city, it is not a nation, why do you think think when Babylon falls Satan gets locked up?

What I find honestly brother is people gets ideas in their mind, and God has a hard time overcoming those ideas that come from men in general, whether we get it from others or dream it up ourselves. The Pharisees were told by Jesus that their men's traditions kept them from coming unto the knowledge of who he was, but Jesus then picked unlearned disciples so he could teach them without those men's traditions already ingrained in them. We all do it, we refuse to look at the scriptures and adjust because we already have the answers. I stopped this one night when in prayer I asked God why we have so many different interpretations as a church, when there is only one truth in each instance, and I got this, "Ron, you guys already know it all".

So, from that point on, I understood I had to take all I knew, and simply ask God, what does this mean Lord?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Babylon is not a city, it is not a nation, why do you think think when Babylon falls Satan gets locked up?

What I find honestly brother is people gets ideas in their mind, and God has a hard time overcoming those ideas that come from men in general, whether we get it from others or dream it up ourselves. The Pharisees were told by Jesus that their men's traditions kept them from coming unto the knowledge of who he was, but Jesus then picked unlearned disciples so he could teach them without those men's traditions already ingrained in them. We all do it, we refuse to look at the scriptures and adjust because we already have the answers. I stopped this one night when in prayer I asked God why we have so many different interpretations as a church, when there is only one truth in each instance, and I got this, "Ron, you guys already know it all".

So, from that point on, I understood I had to take all I knew, and simply ask God, what does this mean Lord?
Revelation 18:10KJV
10 Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

Ronald D Milam

Jan 12, 2022
Clanton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 18:10KJV
10 Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.
Here is what baffles me, we can see parts of the book of Revelation as coded symbolism, until we can't get past our own understandings. I can take the time to explain why its not one city and why its the whole world. But why is it that we can see the codes in Revelation when we want to but we can't see it at other times? Like The Woman in Rev. 12, or the 7 Headed Beast, or 7 Sprits and 7 Eyes etc. etc.

For starters, not many people really understands that the symbolism in Rev. 17 and 18 go hand in hand, its about not one, but two entities, False Religion & False Governance, this is the reason she is described as Scarlet and Purple, google that phrase, and you will find that those two colors are not just associated with the RCC which came some 300 years after the book of Revelation, those two colors were very hard to produce, one of them had to be made from rare crushed bugs, thus only the Royals and Religious Orders could afford to wear those exclusive colors. Israel's High Priests wore purple, many, many royals and religious orders wore those colors, so the Scarlet and Purple mention were a coded hint to us that the Harlot and the Beast were False Religion and False Governance which were not of God but of Satan, men following Satan in both situations. Its not the RCC, its not a city, its not the USA, its not Mecca, why would God judge just one city?

Daniel 5 is Revelation 17, go reread the Mene Mene Tekel chapter, Babylon fell that very day because they drank and ate from the Lord God's plates and chalices. There is no Mystery Babylon and never was one, the angel in verse 7 says come let me show you the mystery of the Harlot and the Beast she rides. So, there was never a mystery, Musterion means Secret by God's Silence or to shut the mouth. So, in verse 7 we are told the angel will show us, then he proceeds to do so in Rev. 17 and Rev. 18. Mystery is a header:

MYSTERY (think of it as a ? mark)
1.) Babylon the Great
2.) Mother of Harlots
3.) Abominations of the whole earth

That's the mystery, the Harlot was associated with Babylon, who is noted for False Religion, the Mother of Harlotry is False Religion, which eventually leads to false governance as Israel showed us. And lastly, worshiping any false god is an abomination, so all of these clues are telling us the Mystery of the Harlot, she is all false religion of all time, that which God hates. In verse 16 we see the 10 Kings (Europe) kill of the Harlot (False Religions like Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism) because there is now only room for Beast Worship.

So, the Harlot rides the Beast, or False Religion was co-mingled with False Governance, which is any Government not of God, and we know who the God of this world is Satan.

Rev. 18 is about World Governance under Satan, not one city.

Rev. 18:2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird. 3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

Satan is cast down and Apollyon is released onto this whole earth not one city, that is what is described above my friend. All Nations are being spoken of here as verse 3 says. Judgment here in Rev. 18 is describing the Rev. 8 Trumps, Rev. 9 Woes which are Trumps 5 and 6, and the Rev. 16 Vials which are Woe #3, which is of course Trump #7. Satan is cast down at the midway point and then God calls for Israel to come out of her(Babylon/WORLD) in verse 4, lest she partakes in their sin and thus receives of their plagues.

Verses 8-10 speak about how Babylon (world) is judged over a 42 month period of time.

Rev. 18:8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day (Day of the Lord lasts 42 months), death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

9 And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her(In Rev. 17:16 the kings there loved killing off the Harlot, here the cry, because their world is getting hit by God's Plagues), and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,

Now go read Rev. 17:12, the kings rule ONE HOUR with the Beast, that is code for 42 months. These Judgments all last for 42 months, and 1/3 of the earth is destroyed and burned, its not one city, that is code for Satan's Dark Kingdom of Confusion.

Now the rest of the chapter makes sense, these merchants are people who trusted in Satan and his earthly kingdom over God, they all cry and weep and moan that their precious Babylon (this evil world) is being burned and taken away from them. e have to learn to understand the symbolisms and codes, and to also understand God's unique prose like in Rev. 18:11-23.

John couldn't say the whole world was going to be judged and destroyed, the Romans would have placed anyone with those type letters in prison for treason, God knew this, that is why God Himself gave this to Jesus to give unto John. God knew the Romans would see all this as "CRAZY TALK" if they claimed that Babylon,
(a deserted city 2000 years ago) was going to be destroyed, so Gid used Babylon as a stand in for Satan's Earthly Kingdom of Confusion. Reread Rev. 16:19, Gd calls all of those kings of the WHOLE WORLD Babylon the Great. Why would anyone think God is going to just judge one city in the end times. The codes, the codes, the codes, run um' down brother.