Jesus Christ is the Word of God we preach!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, got it...

The Written Scriptures Taught me:

Rom 16:25 "Now To Him That Is Of Power To Stablish you
According To my Gospel, and the preaching Of JESUS CHRIST,
According To The Revelation Of The Mystery, Which Was Kept
Secret since the world began,"​

So, The Holy Spirit Is Telling us That God Has Power To Stablish us? Wait!
According to "the gospel of the Twelve to the lost sheep of the House of
Israel"? OR:

According To ONE apostle, "Paul's Gospel Of GRACE to the lost Gentiles"?

IF the "the preaching Of JESUS CHRIST, According To The Revelation Of
The Mystery...Was Kept Secret since the world began," then how were
the "lost sheep of the House Of Israel Stablished," since This Mystery Was
UNknown BEFORE Paul, and his Gospel Of GRACE, Given To Him, From
"Christ In Heaven" (Romans - Philemon)?

Rightly Divided (2 Timothy 2:15) From “Things That Differ” (online)

Was it by the "gospel of the kingdom, given to the Twelve on the earth"
(Matthew - John)?

GRACE And Peace...

I kind of like the above post- though it seems a little vague,

The "Revelation" we need is the Revelation of Jesus Christ - In the book called "Revelation" we find out the that Jesus Christ has a name with is "The Word of God!" Rev 19:13

Of course reading that may still not reveal who Jesus Christ actual is and what He is doing. It should, but even reading that has not revealed who Jesus Christ is to many. That is to say, many call the Scriptures/the Sacred Writings "The Word of God as opposed to Jesus Christ. They should know better! It's not like this was not explained even in the Old Testament!

Gen 15:1 After these things the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision, saying,
“Do not fear, Abram,
I am a shield to you;
Your reward shall be very great.”

Even before Jesus the Christ took on flesh Moses wrote about how "the word of the Lord" came and spoke to Abram. Moses explained the Abram believe what "He" the word of the Lord was saying to Him and that belief was reckoned to Abram as righteousness.

Gen Then behold, the word of the LORD came to him, saying, “This man will not be your heir; but one who will come forth from your own body, he shall be your heir.” And He took him outside and said, “Now look toward the heavens, and count the stars, if you are able to count them.” And He said to him, “So shall your descendants be.” Then he believed in the LORD; and He reckoned it to him as righteousness.

So the One called 'the word of the Lord' spoke to Abram, then Abram believed Him, and that was counted as "righteousness" to Abram! So it was all there already!

And let us not think that the Prophets were not trying to go over the same thing. He, the One we usually call Jesus Christ because He is "God's salvation" / "Jesus", is called 'the word of the Lord or The Word of God because He has the words of God for us. So when we hear that small voice of God speaking to us, it is Jesus Christ! Still, Isaiah ran across the same problem, where people were not willing to listen to Him. Isaiah explained that is we didn't listen to Him then "the word of God" to us would wind up being the line upon line of text we read, so that it would be order on order, and a little here and there.

Is 28" 12,13 He who said to them, “Here is rest, give rest to the weary,”
And, “Here is repose,” but they would not listen.
So the word of the LORD to them will be,
“Order on order, order on order,
Line on line, line on line,
A little here, a little there,”
That they may go and stumble backward, be broken, snared and taken captive.

So, the information was there!! If you don't listen to the One whose name is called "The Word of God" because He talks to us personally - and we can hear Him if we believe in Him - then the only thing left to be the word of the Lord to you is the line upon line of the Sacred Scriptures, the Bible! So when you see people holding up the Bible saying that it is the Word of God, it is because the don't listen, just like Isaiah wrote on behalf of the Lord!!!

Now you are right the God has grace (unmerited favor) and mercy also. All of us have failed to listen like we should!!! And I have seen plenty of Christian who one day are talking about how the Lord talked to them personally, then the next day they get blown in the wind and start saying that we have to live by the Bible. What happened to their belief in Jesus Christ??

Jesus said John the Baptist was the greatest born of woman, but even he was like a reed blowing in the wind! It is not even different for me, and I hear from the Lord everyday called "Today". Sometimes it is still hard to believe what He told me. Indeed, I can even begin to tell you the number of times I heard Him talking to me over the last twenty years and though I heard Him and even believed it was Him, I still found it hard to believe what He said. For example, my son has been a college soccer coach for over 12 years now, and every year I think he is going to be fired. It is just such a competitive job and they love to fire coaches. Every year the Lord has told me that He is going to keep him at the school and every year I have had trouble believing it, even though I heard it and have been proven wrong and Him right for over 12 years now.