Jesus Christ is true but .......?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

judd

Apr 2, 2010
Nigeria
What about the words of Jesus Christ? Mathew 16 vs 28 , Jesus said, "Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His Kingdom." what does that saying mean? Has He come already? Is the world already in hell fire?

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
It is possible they were posessed by some powerful evil spirits and have found a way to invade peoples bodies at birth. Almost like a reincarnation cycle that some of the devils minions have created. They can only be destroyed by God perhaps ?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about the words of Jesus Christ? Mathew 16 vs 28 , Jesus said, "Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His Kingdom." what does that saying mean? Has He come already? Is the world already in hell fire?

I think it refers to the Ascension.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"Son of Man coming in His Kingdom
" not ascending.

The Father exulted Him above all of Heaven and Earth when He ascended to Heaven. Therefore, He entered His Kingship and Kingdom when He ascended. In any case, the Kingdom of God is in our hearts - the Holy Spirit descended and dwells within us. When Christ ascended to His rightful place, with all glory and honor, all the disciples were still alive.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
You don't have to think beyond what's written to understand this... you just have to read in context...

But I tell you truly, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the kingdom of God. Now it came to pass, about eight days after these sayings, that He took Peter, John, and James and went up on the mountain to pray. [sup][/sup]As He prayed, the appearance of His face was altered, and His robe became white and glistening. [sup][/sup]And behold, two men talked with Him, who were Moses and Elijah, who appeared in glory

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't have to think beyond what's written to understand this... you just have to read in context...

But I tell you truly, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the kingdom of God. Now it came to pass, about eight days after these sayings, that He took Peter, John, and James and went up on the mountain to pray. [sup][/sup]As He prayed, the appearance of His face was altered, and His robe became white and glistening. [sup][/sup]And behold, two men talked with Him, who were Moses and Elijah, who appeared in glory

I think it can be both.....or all

The Transfiguration was just the beginning - very exciting!

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
In this case it was talking about some being there with Jesus that were going to see the Kingdom of God... and in Mathew it testifies to Jesus also saying the Kingdom of God present and with power... pretty obvious that Moses and Elijah standing there in glory with Jesus shining in His glory was the event He was talking about since that is the Kingdom of God present and with power and it even led into that part by saying, "Now after 8 days"... haha... so it doesn't take thinking beyond what's written... it's simple... Jesus said what some of them who were standing there were going to see... and Peter, James and John all saw it.

It's also important to recognize what our Father said when they were going to build a tabernacle to all three, "This is my beloved Son... Hear Him!" If people would actually understand what that means there'd be a lot less confusion as He is the only perfect revelation of God. Moses (The Law) and Elijah (The Prophets) have also disappeared in my life... now I only know the Father through Jesus... I Hear Him...

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In this case it was talking about some being there with Jesus that were going to see the Kingdom of God... and in Mathew it testifies to Jesus also saying the Kingdom of God present and with power... pretty obvious that Moses and Elijah standing there in glory with Jesus shining in His glory was the event He was talking about since that is the Kingdom of God present and with power and it even led into that part by saying, "Now after 8 days"... haha... so it doesn't take thinking beyond what's written... it's simple... Jesus said what some of them who were standing there were going to see... and Peter, James and John all saw it.

It's also important to recognize what our Father said when they were going to build a tabernacle to all three, "This is my beloved Son... Hear Him!" If people would actually understand what that means there'd be a lot less confusion as He is the only perfect revelation of God. Moses (The Law) and Elijah (The Prophets) have also disappeared in my life... now I only know the Father through Jesus... I Hear Him...

ok.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
The crazy thing about that is some of the disciples didn't see it... and for those even though the Kingdom of God hadn't yet been seen by them present and with power... it was already among them... as it is with us... It's here!!! Thank you JESUS!!!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA

The number 8 in Biblical symbology represents new beginnings, which is another pointer to what you're saying.

Goinheix

Apr 6, 2011

Jesus was declaring a prophesy. A prophesy is not something that necesarelly will hapens yeas or yes. Jona did know that anouncing a prophesy is noy saying 100% the future; but it is saying todays intentions of God for the future. People can change and make God change the proposed or intended future.

Hiroki

Aug 12, 2011
Matthew 16:28 (NASB) - "Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who shall not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom." I think this refers to John the apostle in Revelation. It is clear that in Revelation that he saw the Kingdom of Heaven before he die. John saw a vision saw the prophecy about the coming so it is clear that the prophecy in Matthew is clear. The prophecy does not say that John would not die before Christ returned. It said that he would not die before seeing the return of Jesus Christ. The word 'some' is kind of tricky.