Jesus died for ALL

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus died for the sins of the entire world. Not just the elect, like some claim. Such a claim forces words like (all) to mean only the elect, but a straightforward interpretation of the word ALL means exactly what it states; ALL. Below are some passages in scripture that confirm that Christ's sacrifice was sufficient for ALL SINS committed. If you have anymore please post them! Let's talk about it:

Titus 2:11
For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people.

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

1 Timothy 2:3-6
This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all people. This has now been witnessed to at the proper time.

Romans 11:32
For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

1 John 2:2
He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 6:51
I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."

Revelation 22:17
The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let the one who hears say, "Come!" Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life.

God bless!

Last edited:

fellow

Jan 17, 2020
ark
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are people here that have no way of making it to heaven! That would be the devil's children!

Mat 23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
Mat 23:34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
Mat 23:35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
Mat 23:36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen

God can not claim to be a God of love, and not give everyone the same opportunity, if he is the all loving all merciful all patient God, he would provide a way of salvation for everyone no matter what,

However. He can’t force someone to receive his salvation, to force someone is to show lack of love, and wouod feed right into satans lie,

Its not universalism to say God died for all, and it’s not against his soverignty to say God died for all

it is his right, as almighty God to do whatever he wishes.

Reactions: Nancy and Brakelite

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
force someone to receive his salvation

This is wordplay to get around the opposition to works, one has to do something to be saved.

Some are unwilling to do this work. Therefore, it is a misnomer to say Jesus died for all. Jesus died for those who believe in him AND are willing to do the work of receiving his salvation.

Calling this “the world” is figurative.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is wordplay to get around the opposition to works, one has to do something to be saved.

Some are unwilling to do this work. Therefore, it is a misnomer to say Jesus died for all. Jesus died for those who believe in him AND are willing to do the work of receiving his salvation.

Wordplay is saying the world does not
Mean the world it means something else

the world in scripture is generally those
Outside Of Christ. Jesus sent us into the world and said the world will not defeat us. And sent us on a rescue
Mission

if he did Not die For the world we would have no hope. Because before we were born again. We were the world and enslaved by it

Reactions: Nancy

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jhn 6:28, Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
Jhn 6:29, Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the world in scripture is generally those
Outside Of Christ. Jesus sent us into the world and said the world will not defeat us.

True. However, the chosen were chosen before the world was created. It doesn't change anything about 'the world' being figurative in terms who Jesus came for. That is, unless you also subscribe to universalism?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus died for the world SO THAT whoever believed will not perish.

it does nit mean he did Not die for the rest in fact it would be against his character if he did not. Hence they are to Blame not him

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are people here that have no way of making it to heaven! That would be the devil's children!

Mat 23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
Mat 23:34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
Mat 23:35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
Mat 23:36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life

fellow

Jan 17, 2020
ark
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life
The Purpose of the Parables
Mat 13:10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
Mat 13:11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
"""What can wash away my sin......nothing but the Blood of Jesus.""" = And God gave this to the entire world.

Who are the elect, in the time of the Gentiles ????

"all who will come"
"for as MANY as will BELIEVE".
"ALL who call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved".

Faith elects, God saves.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Purpose of the Parables
Mat 13:10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
Mat 13:11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
That’s the difference between the priesthood and the people

fellow

Jan 17, 2020
ark
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s the difference between the priesthood and the people
These Pharisees were not Jews, they were fake Jews.
Rev_2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.
Rev_3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Jesus died for the sins of the entire world. Not just the elect, like some claim. Such a claim forces words like (all) to mean only the elect, but a straightforward interpretation of the word ALL means exactly what it states; ALL. Below are some passages in scripture that confirm that Christ's sacrifice was sufficient for ALL SINS committed. If you have anymore please post them! Let's talk about it:

The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all people. This has now been witnessed to at the proper time.

For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."

The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let the one who hears say, "Come!" Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life.

God bless!
Those passages indeed tells us that Christ died for the whole world. But that speaks about His death as an atoning sacrifice for the whole world, different from being a sacrifice for the forgiveness of sins of His sheep, His church, which saves them unto eternal life.

Here’s a passage that speaks of Christ’s death concerning His sheep.

John 10: 14 I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. 15 As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep.

Here’s a passage that speaks of Christ’s death concerning His church.

Acts 20:28 Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood.

Tong
R2578

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus died for those who believe in him AND are willing to do the work of receiving his salvation.
Wrangler, you are simply confused about this matter. You are saying firstly that Christ died only for the elect, but at the same time the elect must work at receiving salvation. That is complete nonsense.

The Bible makes it crystal clear that Christ died for the sins of the whole world, and that salvation is by grace through faith + NOTHING.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

God bless!
Amen!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrangler, you are simply confused about this matter. You are saying firstly that Christ died only for the elect, but at the same time the elect must work at receiving salvation.

It's so funny how you deny action while using action words. Receiving is an action.

That is complete nonsense.

It is complete nonsense by all the Christians in the history of the world to deny the work one must do to be saved, not external, which is the use of the term in the Bible. It is internal work of accepting/receiving. If this were not true, then universalism is correct doctrine.

I reject such contradictions out of hand.

The Bible makes it crystal clear that Christ died for the sins of the whole world, and that salvation is by grace through faith + NOTHING.

Salvation is OFFERED through Grace and nothing, sure. You know it is figurative language that 'Christ died for the sins of the whole world' because universalism is not correct doctrine.

I reject such contradictions out of hand.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
It's so funny how you deny action while using action words. Receiving is an action.
When a blind man receive his sight by the miracle of Jesus, is there action done by the blind man in receiving his sight?

Tong
R2585