Jesus died once for all

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1 Peter 3:

18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit,
1 John 2:

2 He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.
Hebrews 10:

10 And by that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
Romans 6:

10 For the death he died he died to sin, once for all, but the life he lives he lives to God.
2 Corinthians 5:

15 And he died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised.

Reactions: Randy Kluth

Zachariah.

Jan 22, 2024
Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you intuitively understand what it means to die for someone's sins?

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you intuitively understand what it means to die for someone's sins?
I used to wonder about these kinds of things because I was raised up in such a formal Christian setting that doctrinal statements were repeated by rote. There was little effort to understand the thought beneath the doctrinal statements, though they were somewhat understandable.

We do understand that we're sinners. If we're not clear about that we might wonder why someone would have to die for the human race because there are many "good" people, and many "innocent" people who may otherwise wish to do good. Why does someone have to be *murdered* for them to be forgiven?

But we're talking a divine mind and perfect reason, according to how God designed justice. God saw fit that if He Himself was to forgive sin, it must be Him who suffers via His Son Jesus. Then He can adequately forgive not just those who crucified him, but all who have ever done similar to God in history. One act of suffering by God's Son equals all that men have ever done to God in history, forgiven in one moment of time.

That is, God had to forgive Generic Sin, and not just Particular Sin. In forgiving the Animal called Sin he forgave it all, conditioned on the repentance from Sin that He requires of sinners. And that repentance requires that we do so through the one who was and is God's Word.

Zachariah.

Jan 22, 2024
Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I used to wonder about these kinds of things because I was raised up in such a formal Christian setting that doctrinal statements were repeated by rote. There was little effort to understand the thought beneath the doctrinal statements, though they were somewhat understandable.

We do understand that we're sinners. If we're not clear about that we might wonder why someone would have to die for the human race because there are many "good" people, and many "innocent" people who may otherwise wish to do good. Why does someone have to be *murdered* for them to be forgiven?

But we're talking a divine mind and perfect reason, according to how God designed justice. God saw fit that if He Himself was to forgive sin, it must be Him who suffers via His Son Jesus. Then He can adequately forgive not just those who crucified him, but all who have ever done similar to God in history. One act of suffering by God's Son equals all that men have ever done to God in history, forgiven in one moment of time.

That is, God had to forgive Generic Sin, and not just Particular Sin. In forgiving the Animal called Sin he forgave it all, conditioned on the repentance from Sin that He requires of sinners. And that repentance requires that we do so through the one who was and is God's Word.
The Bible is a fictional allegory to convey spiritual Truth. The allegory behind Jesus dying for the sins of the world is one of the most important to understand properly.

I will go ahead and give a brief discription of how we can reflect this story apon ourselves and apply it to our daily lives.

Let's start with having a look at both words "fall" and "fallacy". Fallacy is derived from the word fall, and it is fallacy that created the fall of man.

So, if your dear friend falls over and hurts her knee badly, what are the emotions you would experience? This emotion is called empathy. Empathy is where we experience the suffering of somone else's pain. It is a mixture of both your life and their greif. Tears of joy. LIVING WATER.

In the act of empathy we are in fact dying for somone else's sins. We are giving our life so that somone else may live.

This is the true, esoteric understanding behind Jesus dying for our sins. If you don't understand this allegory correctly, you are in a state of dogmatic belief.

God bless.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible is a fictional allegory to convey spiritual Truth. The allegory behind Jesus dying for the sins of the world is one of the most important to understand properly.

I will go ahead and give a brief discription of how we can reflect this story apon ourselves and apply it to our daily lives.

Let's start with having a look at both words "fall" and "fallacy". Fallacy is derived from the word fall, and it is fallacy that created the fall of man.

So, if your dear friend falls over and hurts her knee badly, what are the emotions you would experience? This emotion is called empathy. Empathy is where we experience the suffering of somone else's pain. It is a mixture of both your life and their greif. Tears of joy. LIVING WATER.

In the act of empathy we are in fact dying for somone else's sins. We are giving our life so that somone else may live.

This is the true, esoteric understanding behind Jesus dying for our sins. If you don't understand this allegory correctly, you are in a state of dogmatic belief.

God bless.
Sorry, but I embrace dogmatic belief. I embrace cardinal doctrine. I would only have a problem with mindless scholasticism.

Explaining truth as a non-literal parable of something "other" doesn't really help me. Knowing the etymology of words doesn't help in this either. Sure, empathy plays a role. But we're talking about divine justice, which you apparently think is a "myth?"

Zachariah.

Jan 22, 2024
Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I
Sorry, but I embrace dogmatic belief. I embrace cardinal doctrine. I would only have a problem with mindless scholasticism.

Explaining truth as a non-literal parable of something "other" doesn't really help me. Knowing the etymology of words doesn't help in this either. Sure, empathy plays a role. But we're talking about divine justice, which you apparently think is a "myth?"
I Said what I said. And atleased you own the fact you hold dogmatic beliefs . Me, personally, I like to know stuff before I accept it. Creates less problems for me that way. Each to their own tho.

BTW, dogmatic belief is mindless as it requires no understanding.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I

I Said what I said. And atleased you own the fact you hold dogmatic beliefs . Me, personally, I like to know stuff before I accept it. Creates less problems for me that way. Each to their own tho.

BTW, dogmatic belief is mindless as it requires no understanding.
Actually, we seem to define "dogmatism" differently. I agree with you that we need to understand doctrine 1st before becoming "dogmatic" about it! We agree on the need for reason and understanding. I have zero problems with that!

Reactions: TonyChanYT

Zachariah.

Jan 22, 2024
Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Actually, we seem to define "dogmatism" differently. I agree with you that we need to understand doctrine 1st before becoming "dogmatic" about it! We agree on the need for reason and understanding. I have zero problems with that!
Dogma in a basic sence means unchallenged belief. But it's important to understand that the true definition of "belief" is simply the acceptance of something you dont know or understand. A blind man believes the sky is blue where as somone that can see knows it is blue. When we know something, belief is not required.

Now when we use the word dogmatic we use it for when people just believe something they have no real intuitive understanding of. And although intuition is important, so is factual interlect aswell. These things need to be used in conjunction with each other in balance in order to come to the truth.

For e.g. if you simply believe Jesus litteraly walked on water you are purposefully rejecting logical sence in your mind. Therefore your belief becomes unchallenged and dogmatic.

A balanced brain (or somone with an eye single) uses both intuition and logic sence in conjunction with each other. They are able to see through the surface layer of scripture and see the hidden message below. This requires modalities of the brain such as correlative thinking and pattern recognition. A balanced brain is needed. If you swing to far to the left you become to analytical and litteral, if you swing to far to the right you become to gullible and just accept things as belief.

Belief is required once in our life and this is what Jesus means when he says believe in me. Being stuck in the flesh, we require the belief of something higher than ourself in order to start seeking. Once we find however, belief is no longer required.

Dogma and dogmatic thinking (belief) is the causal factor for the degradation of the Church. The meanings have been lost and it is the blind leading the blind. It is up to us to take a different approach to scripture. Just as Jesus was different, the religious leaders of the time considered him blasphemeous. Nothing has change.

Start thinking differently.