Jesus in the Old Testament

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
It is said most of the books in the old testament prophesy the coming of Christ in one way or another,I know of a few, here is one of the more popular prophesies.

Isaiah53:12 "Therefore will i divide him a portion with the great.and he shall divide the spoil with the strong;because he hath poured out his soul unto death; and he was numbered with the transgressors,and he bare the sins of many,and made intercession for the transgressors".

How many other prophesys of the coming of Jesus are their in the Old testament?

Isreal

Apr 8, 2012
Here is the name of the Son of Yhwh foretold several times in the same scripture.
That's correct, his real name is & was....>>> Yeshua & not Jesus

You need a good concordance to examine these things.

In Isaiah 12:2,3.
Here SALVATION is mentioned three times. The reader will be much blessed by reading these glorious verses in his Bible, but let me give them as they actually read in the original Hebrew with Yeshua as the embodiment and personification of the word SALVATION:

"Behold, EL(the mighty One) is my Y'SHUA (salvation); I will trust and not be afraid:, for YAH-YHWH is my strength and my song; He also is become my Y'SHUA .... And the WORD (Yeshua incarnate) became flesh, and dwelt among us. (John 1: 14). ... Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of Y'SHUA (Salvation)Water is symbolic of the Holy Spirit and it brings Joy.

1 Chron. 16:23
Sing to YHWH, all the earth, Proclaim from day unto day His Yeshua(salvation)

Mat 1:21
And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Yeshua(as written in Aramaic scriptures): for he shall save his people from their sins.

The Creator who Abraham, Moses and David worshiped was name YHWH Elohim and never called god.

Babylonian Jews(Kenites) the sons of Cain have tricked all of the Christian world into following the Cult of Gad and worshiping their deity named BAAL and BAAL-GAD. 'Lord and Lord God are names for Satan.The Christian world is blind. Also guilty is the Pagan Catholics who have created a Pseudo Pagan religion named Christianity with many Babylonian teachings..

Hos 2:16 And it shall be at that day, saith the LORD, that thou shalt call me Ishi; and shalt call me no more Baali. BAALI = MY LORD
My Lord refers to Satan. Satanist call Satan "Lord and My Lord"

The 23rd Psalm really reads YHWH is my Shepard I shall not want. and NOT > "the Lord"

Would you read the 27th Psalm as "Baal is my light and my salvation"? Yet this is what the lying pen of the scribes has caused you to do. Yes, Yahweh has been patient with us, because He can read your most secret thoughts and He knows your intentions are good. You didn't know the Bible you have in your library had been tampered with by these priests of Satan.

Canaanite/Kenite Scribes have written with the liars pen. They believe in the cult of Gad which is pronounced GAWD/GOD in Hebrew/Aramaic.
Gad is the Canaanite deity of fortune. BAALGAD is a place in Canaan known as LORD-GOD.

Be deceived no more and turn to the true Creator whom Abraham worshiped named YHWH Elohim.

Jeremiah knew of the trickery of the false scribes.
Jer 8:8 How do ye say, We are wise, And the law of Yhwh is with us? Surely, lo, falsely it hath wrought, The false pen of scribes.

Yeshua said call no man master. Master means Lord

Whom do you serve? Gad/god or YHWH Elohim?

How does YHWH Elohim allow this trickery?
To see who cares enough to discover the truth.
Only the wise shall call him by his real name.
"Those called by his name"
Deu 6:13 Thou shalt fear YHWH thy El, and serve him, and shalt swear by his name.

Babylonian Jews said it was improper to call him by name and you should write it as g_d
Believe the sons of serpents or the scripture? His name is YAH Psalms 68:4

Rev 12:9 /...., that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Seek out the answers for yourself and witness how Satan that old serpent has tricked the Whole World.
Ye shall be shocked...

Adonai is another way of saying My Lord

AMEN/Amun is an Egyptian deity a.k.a. King of the gods, also known as Zeus by the Greeks..
Still ending your prayers with his name?

Jesus is written on the Temple of Pergamon(where Satans seat is according to Revelations) but spelled Ge-Zeus, meaning "sons of Zeus."

Romans and Greeks were full of Pagan teachings.
Christ-mass, Easter, Halloween, Mother & child worship, non-marrying Priest & Nunns and HELL are all Pagan garbage from the same lame bunch of Pseudo Christians..

study up and be fooled no more.
It's time to call on the name above every name which is Y'shua HaMessiach
Shlama = Blessings

In Isaiah 65:11 Elohim, through Isaiah speaks to those who forsake YHWH.
They prepare a table for Gad,(the Babylonian god of Fortune) and bring drink offerings to the goddess Meni, (the goddess of destiny.)

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi pelaides, lol, no, they're not a secret. Here's some to get you started.

Gen.3:15, 12:3, 17:19, 49:10,
Is. 9:1,2,7, 7;14, 40:3-5, 50:6, 53:1,3,5,7,9,12, 61:1-2
Hos. 11:1
Ps. 8:2, 16:10, 22:1,7-8,17-18, 34:20, 35:11,19, 41:9, 49:15, 68:18, 110:4

Isreal

Apr 8, 2012
Riddle me this.

How could a Hebrew kid be born and named with Hebrew/Aramaic name like Jesus when Hebrew/Aramaic has no Letter "J" sound?

Yeshua is the name above all names which was prophesied to be known also as Emanuel which means "EL with us".. NOT gad/god the phoney deity of fortune.

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
Hi pelaides, lol, no, they're not a secret. Here's some to get you started.

Gen.3:15, 12:3, 17:19, 49:10,
Is. 9:1,2,7, 7;14, 40:3-5, 50:6, 53:1,3,5,7,9,12, 61:1-2
Hos. 11:1
Ps. 8:2, 16:10, 22:1,7-8,17-18, 34:20, 35:11,19, 41:9, 49:15, 68:18, 110:4
Thanks for the verses,Im marking them in my Bible.Have you heard of this one before,Jonah2:6 "I went down to the bottom of the mountains;the earth with her bars was about me forever:yet hast thou brought up my life from corruption,o Lord my God".
It seems to be prophesy of Jesus rising from the dead,after laying in the tomb for 3 days.

Riddle me this.

How could a Hebrew kid be born and named with Hebrew/Aramaic name like Jesus when Hebrew/Aramaic has no Letter "J" sound?

Yeshua is the name above all names which was prophesied to be known also as Emanuel which means "EL with us".. NOT gad/god the phoney deity of fortune.

Look you can call God whatever you want,Jehovah,Lord,Allah,Yahweh,Jah,it really doesnt make a difference God knows when your talking to him.Please try to stay on the topic.

Isreal

Apr 8, 2012
Thanks for the verses,Im marking them in my Bible.Have you heard of this one before,Jonah2:6 "I went down to the bottom of the mountains;the earth with her bars was about me forever:yet hast thou brought up my life from corruption,o Lord my God".
It seems to be prophesy of Jesus rising from the dead,after laying in the tomb for 3 days.

Look you can call God whatever you want,Jehovah,Lord,Allah,Yahweh,Jah,it really doesnt make a difference God knows when your talking to him.Please try to stay on the topic.
That is not what YHWH Elohim says .

You just make things up that suite you and expect him to care what you think?

I was on topic because Jesus was never ever prophesied in the OT.

You may continue to worship BAAL but YHWH kicked Israel out of the land for worship of Baal & Gad and you say YHWH don't care?
YHWH said it was a shame to even mention these other deities and you make a claim totally opposed?
You need to do some studying.

Semantics
Semantics = The study or science of meaning in language.

Jesus has no meaning outside what you think it means or in Greek it sounds like Ge-Zeus meaning "Sons of Zeus"

Yeshua on the other is actual Hebrew which was prophesied and means Salvation.
Aramaic scripture write his name Yeshua.

The Sons of the evil one has tricked the whole world into worshiping BAAL.
Rev 12:9

rand

Sep 10, 2012
I have a shadow of Jesus in the OT--if that's what this post is about, I kinda lost track.
Judges chapter 6. The fleece was placed on the floor and in the morning, only the fleece was wet, the next day only the ground was wet and not the fleece. The fleece is Jesus, the dew is the Holy Spirit (water is symbolic of the Holy Spirit). At first, only Jesus had the Holy Spirit, then when He went to be with the Father, The Holy Spirit was given to the earth.

Also, the animal God kills to cover Adam and Eve after the fall.

Also, the Sacrificial lamb they were told to eat during the first passover, the next day they were rich with silver and gold, and not one was feeble among them.

Isreal

Apr 8, 2012
I have a shadow of Jesus in the OT--if that's what this post is about, I kinda lost track.
Judges chapter 6. The fleece was placed on the floor and in the morning, only the fleece was wet, the next day only the ground was wet and not the fleece. The fleece is Jesus, the dew is the Holy Spirit (water is symbolic of the Holy Spirit). At first, only Jesus had the Holy Spirit, then when He went to be with the Father, The Holy Spirit was given to the earth.

Also, the Sacrificial lamb they were told to eat during the first passover, the next day they were rich with silver and gold, and not one was feeble among them.
god didn't kill an animal to cover Adam and Eve. god is a worthless Canaanite deity.
Yhwh Elohim did.

FearNot

Sep 9, 2012
Rand--I like your fleece example. I've never heard that one before.

Finding Jesus in the OT is one of my favorite past times...he's all throughout it (duh?). To me, Jesus equals the salvation part of God. Therefore, I believe he is also pictured in many events of this type (salvation events). For instance, when Hagar was in the desert and came upon the well (Gen 21:19)--(my example for this topic). Interesting side-note: Right after this, Genesis gives a strangley placed account about a dispute over a well---why is that story there?. Abe said that he heard Abimelech had taken possesion of the well, but Abimelech said that he didn't know anything about it. I can't prove it, but I think the story is suggesting that the well in question was the very same that Hagar had come across in her time of distress. At a time when she had been banished, she somehow came across a totally unattended well---very providential don't you think? Not only does the well picture Jesus, but God's crazy way of working things cleared the way for Hagar to find it!

Isreal

Apr 8, 2012

Finding Jesus in the OT is one of my favorite past times...he's all throughout it (duh?). To me, Jesus equals the salvation part of God. Therefore, I believe he is also pictured in many events of this type (salvation events). For instance, when Hagar was in the desert and came upon the well (Gen 21:19)--(my example for this topic). Interesting side-note: Right after this, Genesis gives a strangley placed account about a dispute over a well---why is that story there?. Abe said that he heard Abimelech had taken possesion of the well, but Abimelech said that he didn't know anything about it. I can't prove it, but I think the story is suggesting that the well in question was the very same that Hagar had come across in her time of distress. At a time when she had been banished, she somehow came across a totally unattended well---very providential don't you think? Not only does the well picture Jesus, but God's crazy way of working things cleared the way for Hagar to find it!
No Jesus isn't all throughout the OT.
Yeshua is though.

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012

The passover lamb,definently prophesies the death of Christ,The blood painted on the doors,represents the blood of Jesus.I find this to be an amazing prophecy.

Well i know Jesus converted a samarian woman at a well,But i dont see the relationship to hagar.

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
Isreal.

God never kicked Israel out of the land. he kicked the poor fools out that were not of Israel, but a stupid God less bunch of fools. and gave that land to who ? because ?

Israel is the Catholic Church by inheritance. remember when Jesus Christ came ? who followed him ?

And his Name is Jesus Christ in English !

Isreal

Apr 8, 2012
Isreal.

God never kicked Israel out of the land. he kicked the poor fools out that were not of Israel, but a stupid God less bunch of fools. and gave that land to who ? because ?

Israel is the Catholic Church by inheritance. remember when Jesus Christ came ? who followed him ?

And his Name is Jesus Christ in English !
That's Ludicrist.
The Catholic church is and always was pseudo Pagan.

Yes Yhwh Elohim the creator not the phoney Canaanie deity of fortune brought Assyria to take Israel captive.
Later the same fate happened the the true Judeans by Babylon.

neophyte

Apr 25, 2012
That's Ludicrist.
The Catholic church is and always was pseudo Pagan.

Yes Yhwh Elohim the creator not the phoney Canaanie deity of fortune brought Assyria to take Israel captive.
Later the same fate happened the the true Judeans by Babylon.

Isreal,
Catholicism is not the practice of paganism, but the fulfillment of the hints and glimpses of revelation that are given in every ancient religion, philosophy, and prophecy. Truth, wherever it appears, is Catholic truth, and once we see the beautiful and true relationship between other religions and philosophiesand the Catholic faith, the sooner we will see their beautiful fulfillment in one faith, one baptism, one flock, one Shepherd, and one Lord.[ Eph. 4:3-6 ]

Isreal

Apr 8, 2012
Isreal,
Catholicism is not the practice of paganism, but the fulfillment of the hints and glimpses of revelation that are given in every ancient religion, philosophy, and prophecy. Truth, wherever it appears, is Catholic truth, and once we see the beautiful and true relationship between other religions and philosophiesand the Catholic faith, the sooner we will see their beautiful fulfillment in one faith, one baptism, one flock, one Shepherd, and one Lord.[ Eph. 4:3-6 ]
That's is as Ludicrous as ever.

Catholic religion is full of Paganism. The First Catholic was Constantine who was a Pagan and kept the Pagan ways but adopted a few Christian beliefs in order to being them altogether. It's all mixed. It's Pseudo Pagan under the name of Christianity. Through Constantine Rome became good little Christians in 324 a.d. Of course they tell it was started with Peter in the first century. Lies, lies and more lies.

Christ-mass >
Easter > Istar worship of the fertility goddess
Priest & Nunns & not marrying >
worship of Mother with child >
Halloween, All saints day >
Hell doctrine > False doctrine of a literal eternal burning HELL
Is all Paganism brought in by the Catholic church and much of the junk came straight from Babylonian religion.
there is nothing Holy about the RC church'
It is the greatest fraud in the christian world and full of lies and deceit.

from such turn away
Shlama = Blessings