Jesus in the Old Testament

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
The life of Joseph who was raised up in Egypt has many parallels (types and shadows) of Jesus Christ.
I saw this once before in a pagan d.v.d named "zeitgest",it said the story of jesus was taken from the story of joseph.Do you have any verses to show these parralels.

The title of this thread makes no distinction between OT prophecy about Christ's coming and His literal appearance in OT times. If the subject was to only be about OT Scripture about Christ's advents, then that would cover most of the OT Scriptures as a whole. A truly learned Christian believer should be able to see The Gospel of Jesus Christ in just about every Book of the Old Testament, for it is there.
But what happens when you are talking to non believer?its better to have a verse to direct them too rather than telling them to read the whole book.This is one of the methods the early apostles used when they preached to the jews.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
But what happens when you are talking to non believer?its better to have a verse to direct them too rather than telling them to read the whole book.This is one of the methods the early apostles used when they preached to the jews.

Since Christ came and died on the cross and was resurrected, and was witnessed, that is the witness we as His servants are to continue today, for those who have yet to hear, and also for those who still are in unbelief.

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
Here is one of the reasons i started this topic in the first place. Luke24:44"These are the words which i spake unto you,while i was yet with you,that all things must be fulfilled,which was written in the law of moses,and in the prophets,and in the psalms,concerning me".
I wanted to see if we could uncover all of the prophesys that Jesus was talking about.Im sure i could buy a book or search the internet and get the same if not better results.