Jesus Is God Of OT -- God Is (.......) and Jesus Is (......) BUT THERE'S ONLY ONE (......)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus is the God of the living. Emmanuel 'God with us' who are truly born again in the Holy Spirit.

Due to our being lead astray by Sin, the stain of original Sin, God the Father sent Man his only begotten Son to save us from our Sinful disposition, before our Saviour 'Jesus Christ' there was no Grace. only through Jesus is there Grace that abounds. we must abide in the Vine or be cut off.

Biblical Grace is not grace as in the worldly sense at all.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can call Him anything you want, it does not hurt my feelings. The J slam replaced the names of any person, place, or thing that had a Y....with a J. It took around 28,000 alterations to the Old and New Testament to get that done. The significance of that is up to you. But ultimately they removed the name of God the Father and God the Son from Holy Bible. Maybe you think They did not deserve to have Their names in the Holy Bible. Yahweh and Yeshua is easy enough to say...right?
we don't need to call him anything, but his true name... :cool: Lord YESHUA, for the transliteration of "YESHUA" into English is GOOD enough to say Lord "JESUS".

so the stumblingblock of the no "J" in Hebrew is no more. Revelation, the book of revealing took care of the No "J". Yahweh, and Jehovah are false as two left shoes. the NEW NAME, is "JESUS". this is not 101G, no, it's the bible, Revelation 3:12 "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name." he, God said that he have a new NAME, take it up with him.

PICJAG.

Reactions: mjrhealth

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we don't need to call him anything, but his true name... :cool: Lord YESHUA, for the transliteration of "YESHUA" into English is GOOD enough to say Lord "JESUS".

so the stumblingblock of the no "J" in Hebrew is no more. Revelation, the book of revealing took care of the No "J". Yahweh, and Jehovah are false as two left shoes. the NEW NAME, is "JESUS". this is not 101G, no, it's the bible, Revelation 3:12 "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name." he, God said that he have a new NAME, take it up with him.

PICJAG.
There is no translation of Yeshua into English. Most of the words the first letter was changed from Y to J. Yeshua was given special attention, they removed His name and inserted a word that did not exist in any language. Satan? The scriptures say there is only one name that could be called upon for salvation. Would Satan change that?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no translation of Yeshua into English. Most of the words the first letter was changed from Y to J. Yeshua was given special attention, they removed His name and inserted a word that did not exist in any language. Satan? The scriptures say there is only one name that could be called upon for salvation. Would Satan change that?
thanks for the reply, second, you didn't read my post did you? what's the difference between translation and transliteration?

PICJAG.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thanks for the reply, second, you didn't read my post did you? what's the difference between translation and transliteration?

PICJAG.
They came up with a word that does not exist. you are trying to read something in this that is just not there.
They used a name that did not exist from the beginning of the storyline. If it makes you feel better believe what you want. I might start calling Him George of Jerusalem.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What you think Jesus is so foolish that HE doesnt know when the lost are calling Him??

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you think Jesus is so foolish that HE doesnt know when the lost are calling Him??
First off I am not the one that removed Yeshua's name from the scriptures and gave Him a name that could not be traced to any word. Secondly you will have to ask Him if any name will do. It is my option and my hope, that any name will do. I like George. Satan is a schemer and it all smacks of his footprints. Would he want a book that would be distributed all over the world to have the names of God the Father and God the Son in it? Or would He prefer to remove their names? And does the removal of their names harm the power of the Holy Bible? Or does it matter? It matters to me.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
First off I am not the one that removed Yeshua's name from the scriptures and gave Him a name that could not be traced to any word. Secondly you will have to ask Him if any name will do. It is my option and my hope, that any name will do. I like George. Satan is a schemer and it all smacks of his footprints. Would he want a book that would be distributed all over the world to have the names of God the Father and God the Son in it? Or would He prefer to remove their names? And does the removal of their names harm the power of the Holy Bible? Or does it matter? It matters to me.
Have you asked Him??

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They came up with a word that does not exist. you are trying to read something in this that is just not there.
They used a name that did not exist from the beginning of the storyline. If it makes you feel better believe what you want. I might start calling Him George of Jerusalem.
GINOLJC, to all.
first thanks for the reply, second, as you said you can call him George of Jerusalem, that's you. when you come before his Judgment seat what are you going to call him then? .... George of Jerusalem? .. (smile), I don't think so. so those kind of tactics don't impress me at all.

understand, his NEW NAME, no Hebrew knew at that time, nor you today, from your posting. so, the new name of (H3442) YESHUA is now JESUS... NOTICE "NEW" NAME, not "ANOTHER" NAME. but the SAME NAME, only now NEW, WHY? because it's transliterated into the NEW DOMINANT language of today... ENGLISH. same NAME, but now NEW.

PICJAG.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.
first thanks for the reply, second, as you said you can call him George of Jerusalem, that's you. when you come before his Judgment seat what are you going to call him then? .... George of Jerusalem? .. (smile), I don't think so. so those kind of tactics don't impress me at all.

underatand, his NEW NAME, no Hebrew knew at that time, nor you today, from your posting. so, the new name of (H3442) YESHUA is now JESUS... NOTICE "NEW" NAME, not "ANOTHER" NAME. but the SAME NAME, only now NEW, WHY? because it's transliterated into the NEW DOMINANT language of today... ENGLISH. same NAME, but now NEW.

PICJAG.
Please understand that no scripture could say Jesus. No J's in the Old or New Testament. And "NEW NAME" is no more a name than Holy Spirit or Queen of Sheba.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please understand that no scripture could say Jesus. No J's in the Old or New Testament. And "NEW NAME" is no more a name than Holy Spirit or Queen of Sheba.
You still don't understand do you? 2 Thessalonians 3:14 "And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed."
2 Thessalonians 3:15 "Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother."

PICJAG.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You still don't understand do you? 2 Thessalonians 3:14 "And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed."
2 Thessalonians 3:15 "Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother."

PICJAG.
I understand what you are saying is not true

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand what you are saying is not true
first thanks for the reply, second, if you believe that then as I always say, prove me in error by the scriptures.
it's just that simple. but understand this, I'm not going to do any back and forth tit for tat. now if you have biblical proof that the name Jesus is not the transliterated name from Yeshua then I'm threw with the discussion.

now post your proof that the NAME Jesus is not transliterated from Yeshua.

PICJAG

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 1:21 "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins."

G2424 Ἰησοῦς Iesous (yee-sous') n/p.
1. (meaning) He is Salvation, Yahweh saves (i.e. the Savior).
2. (person) Jesus (i.e. Yeshua, Yehoshua), the name of our Lord, also called the Last Adam.
3. (person) Joshua (i.e. Yehoshua) an Israelite, the servant and successor of Moses.
4. (person) Jeshua, also called Justus, an Israelite, a coworker with Paul.
5. (NOTE) (“Jesus” is a valid English transliteration, coming from Ancient Hebrew to Koine Greek (via the Septuagint) to Latin to Old English to Modern English. It is completely acceptable to God (Yahweh) for us call upon the Savior's name as “Jesus,” or “Iesous,” or “Yeshua,” or even “Yesu” as in Christian Arabic or in the Fijian Islands, et al. God prepared for all nations to be able to trust in the Savior and to call upon his name by preparing a language dialect for international use: the Hebraic-Koine Greek. Thus, technically and formally, the pronunciation “Iesous” was intentionally established by the Savior as the common basis for Jewish and Gentile acknowledgment of his Redemption and Salvation, going forth as needed into every tribe, native tongue, people, and nation. “Yeshua” is of course delightfully acceptable to him, when it is not used as an exclusionary name. Love edifies).
6. (NOTE) (Revelation 3:12).

[of Hebrew origin (H3442 as the shortened form of H3091)]
KJV: Jesus
Root(s): H3442

PLEASE TAKE NOTICE OF DEFINITION #1 meaning NOT A TRANSLATION, BUT A TRANSLITERATION.

also take note of definition #5.

and for those who question that "NEW NAME" in definition #6.

PICJAG.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 1:21 "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins."

2. (person) Jesus (i.e. Yeshua, Yehoshua), the name of our Lord, also called the Last Adam.
3. (person) Joshua (i.e. Yehoshua) an Israelite, the servant and successor of Moses.
5. (NOTE) (“Jesus” is a valid English transliteration, coming from Ancient Hebrew to Koine Greek (via the Septuagint) to Latin to Old English to Modern English. It is completely acceptable to God (Yahweh) for us call upon the Savior's name as “Jesus,” or “Iesous,” or “Yeshua,” or even “Yesu” as in Christian Arabic or in the Fijian Islands, et al. God prepared for all nations to be able to trust in the Savior and to call upon his name by preparing a language dialect for international use: the Hebraic-Koine Greek. Thus, technically and formally, the pronunciation “Iesous” was intentionally established by the Savior as the common basis for Jewish and Gentile acknowledgment of his Redemption and Salvation, going forth as needed into every tribe, native tongue, people, and nation. “Yeshua” is of course delightfully acceptable to him, when it is not used as an exclusionary name. Love edifies).

PLEASE TAKE NOTICE OF DEFINITION #1 meaning NOT A TRANSLATION, BUT A TRANSLITERATION.

also take note of definition #5.

and for those who question that "NEW NAME" in definition #6.

PICJAG.
Nothing to prove. Jesus was not word in any language.
The J slam only effected the first letter in words. ie Yob, Yoshua, Yacob, Yoseph Yames, and Yerusalem etc.
But for Yeshua they came up with a name that came from nowhere.
No one knows"who" came up with this name, or if it was a "they"
The first edition of the King James Version used the Greek version of Christ's name... Iesous, so did the Geneva Bible.
When the King James Version shifted to Jesus those that liked the Geneva Bible considered that version of the devil.
Kind of like today, for people that like the King James Version, think that modern translations as bad, devil, or corrupt.
Jesus came from nowhere...not a translation of a transliteration. Phonically speaking or the word itself was tied to nothing. There is no representation for it in the scriptures or any language.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing to prove. Jesus was not word in any language.
The J slam only effected the first letter in words. ie Yob, Yoshua, Yacob, Yoseph Yames, and Yerusalem etc.
But for Yeshua they came up with a name that came from nowhere.
No one knows"who" came up with this name, or if it was a "they"
The first edition of the King James Version used the Greek version of Christ's name... Iesous, so did the Geneva Bible.
When the King James Version shifted to Jesus those that liked the Geneva Bible considered that version of the devil.
Kind of like today, for people that like the King James Version, think that modern translations as bad, devil, or corrupt.
Jesus came from nowhere...not a translation of a transliteration. Phonically speaking or the word itself was tied to nothing. There is no representation for it in the scriptures or any language.

#1. who Language dominates today? English right.

let us give you an example in the bible of this dominated language concering name changes.

Daniel 1:3 "And the king spake unto Ashpenaz the master of his eunuchs, that he should bring certain of the children of Israel, and of the king's seed, and of the princes;"
Daniel 1:4 "Children in whom was no blemish, but well favoured, and skilful in all wisdom, and cunning in knowledge, and understanding science, and such as had ability in them to stand in the king's palace, and whom they might teach the learning and the tongue of the Chaldeans."
Daniel 1:5 "And the king appointed them a daily provision of the king's meat, and of the wine which he drank: so nourishing them three years, that at the end thereof they might stand before the king."
Daniel 1:6 "Now among these were of the children of Judah, Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah:"
Daniel 1:7 "Unto whom the prince of the eunuchs gave names: for he gave unto Daniel the name of Belteshazzar; and to Hananiah, of Shadrach; and to Mishael, of Meshach; and to Azariah, of Abednego."

do you understand now? when the dominate language rules, it is the dominate language that can change a name into it's language.

PICJAG

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
#1. who Language dominates today? English right.

let us give you an example in the bible of this dominated language concering name changes.

Daniel 1:3 "And the king spake unto Ashpenaz the master of his eunuchs, that he should bring certain of the children of Israel, and of the king's seed, and of the princes;"
Daniel 1:4 "Children in whom was no blemish, but well favoured, and skilful in all wisdom, and cunning in knowledge, and understanding science, and such as had ability in them to stand in the king's palace, and whom they might teach the learning and the tongue of the Chaldeans."
Daniel 1:5 "And the king appointed them a daily provision of the king's meat, and of the wine which he drank: so nourishing them three years, that at the end thereof they might stand before the king."
Daniel 1:6 "Now among these were of the children of Judah, Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah:"
Daniel 1:7 "Unto whom the prince of the eunuchs gave names: for he gave unto Daniel the name of Belteshazzar; and to Hananiah, of Shadrach; and to Mishael, of Meshach; and to Azariah, of Abednego."

do you understand now? when the dominate language rules, it is the dominate language that can change a name into it's language.

PICJAG
This is basic linguistics. There is nothing in the scriptures that suggest the name Jesus or any word that starts with a J.
Save yourself the trouble and do some study on that topic.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is basic linguistics. There is nothing in the scriptures that suggest the name Jesus or any word that starts with a J.
Save yourself the trouble and do some study on that topic.
you're still missing the boat, listen,

What's H3091 יְהוֹשׁוּעַ YhowShuw`a (yeh-ho-shoo'-ah) n/p.
יְהוֹשֻׁעַ YhowShu`a (yeh-ho-shoo'-ah)
1. Yahweh-saved.
2. Jehoshua (i.e. Joshua), the Jewish leader.
[from H3068 and H3467]
KJV: Jehoshua, Jehoshuah, Joshua.
Root(s): H3068, H3467

H3068 יְהוָה Yhvah (yeh-vaw') n/p.
יְהוָֹה Yhovah (yeh-ho-vaw')
יְהוֹ Yhow (yeh-ho') [as a prefix]
1. (meaning) the self-Existent or Eternal, the I AM.
2. (person) Yahweh (Yehvah), Jewish national name of God.
3. (anglicized) Jehovah.
4. (as a name prefix) Yeho-.
5. (As expressed in Hebraic Koine Greek) ἐγώ εἰμί, I AM (literally: I myself, I am).
[from H1961]
KJV: Jehovah, the Lord.
Root(s): H1961

Just do a little research.

PICJAG.