Jesus Is God Of OT -- God Is (.......) and Jesus Is (......) BUT THERE'S ONLY ONE (......)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you're still missing the boat, listen,
G2424 Ἰησοῦς Iesous (yee-sous') n/p.
1. (meaning) He is Salvation, Yahweh saves (i.e. the Savior).
2. (person) Jesus (i.e. Yeshua, Yehoshua), the name of our Lord, also called the Last Adam.
3. (person) Joshua (i.e. Yehoshua) an Israelite, the servant and successor of Moses.
4. (person) Jeshua, also called Justus, an Israelite, a coworker with Paul.
5. (NOTE) (“Jesus” is a valid English transliteration, coming from Ancient Hebrew to Koine Greek (via the Septuagint) to Latin to Old English to Modern English. It is completely acceptable to God (Yahweh) for us call upon the Savior's name as “Jesus,” or “Iesous,” or “Yeshua,” or even “Yesu” as in Christian Arabic or in the Fijian Islands, et al. God prepared for all nations to be able to trust in the Savior and to call upon his name by preparing a language dialect for international use: the Hebraic-Koine Greek. Thus, technically and formally, the pronunciation “Iesous” was intentionally established by the Savior as the common basis for Jewish and Gentile acknowledgment of his Redemption and Salvation, going forth as needed into every tribe, native tongue, people, and nation. “Yeshua” is of course delightfully acceptable to him, when it is not used as an exclusionary name. Love edifies).
6. (NOTE) (Revelation 3:12).
[of Hebrew origin (H3442 as the shortened form of H3091)]
KJV: Jesus
Root(s): H3442

What's H3091 יְהוֹשׁוּעַ YhowShuw`a (yeh-ho-shoo'-ah) n/p.
יְהוֹשֻׁעַ YhowShu`a (yeh-ho-shoo'-ah)
1. Yahweh-saved.
2. Jehoshua (i.e. Joshua), the Jewish leader.
[from H3068 and H3467]
KJV: Jehoshua, Jehoshuah, Joshua.
Root(s): H3068, H3467

H3068 יְהוָה Yhvah (yeh-vaw') n/p.
יְהוָֹה Yhovah (yeh-ho-vaw')
יְהוֹ Yhow (yeh-ho') [as a prefix]
1. (meaning) the self-Existent or Eternal, the I AM.
2. (person) Yahweh (Yehvah), Jewish national name of God.
3. (anglicized) Jehovah.
4. (as a name prefix) Yeho-.
5. (As expressed in Hebraic Koine Greek) ἐγώ εἰμί, I AM (literally: I myself, I am).
[from H1961]
KJV: Jehovah, the Lord.
Root(s): H1961

Just do a little research.

PICJAG.
You are doing an awful lot of work to setup a smoke screen. This is very simple. The Bible has been translated into several languages...that don't matter. The Greek language does not matter. The Latin language does not matter.
Christ was a Jew....Hebrew language....His name is Hebrew....That is the word "is" His name was a common Hebrew name and is in the Old Testament....Yeshua.....Jeshua in your Bible. The name Yeshua come straight into English, from Hebrew as Yeshua.

His name was Yeshua during His ministry and today His name is still Yeshua. Written in Hebrew יֵשׁוּעַ is pronounce Yeshua or more accurately e'yeshua. The pronunciation can be spelled in English and most other languages.

The word / name Jesus on the other had did not exist in any language before the 1600's That is 1600 years after Christ. The only way that Christ's mother could have heard the word Jesus, is if someone sneezed!

Yeshua in Hebrew is a verbal derivative from "to rescue", "to deliver". ... The name יֵשׁוּעַ "Yeshua" (transliterated in the English Old Testament as Jeshua) is a late form of the Biblical Hebrew name יְהוֹשֻׁעַ Yehoshua (Joshua), and spelled with a waw in the second syllable.

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are doing an awful lot of work to setup a smoke screen. This is very simple. The Bible has been translated into several languages...that don't matter. The Greek language does not matter. The Latin language does not matter.
Christ was a Jew....Hebrew language....His name is Hebrew....That is the word "is" His name was a common Hebrew name and is in the Old Testament....Yeshua.....Jeshua in your Bible. The name Yeshua come straight into English, from Hebrew as Yeshua.

His name was Yeshua during His ministry and today His name is still Yeshua. Written in Hebrew יֵשׁוּעַ is pronounce Yeshua or more accurately e'yeshua. The pronunciation can be spelled in English and most other languages.

The word / name Jesus on the other had did not exist in any language before the 1600's That is 1600 years after Christ. The only way that Christ's mother could have heard the word Jesus, is if someone sneezed!

Yeshua in Hebrew is a verbal derivative from "to rescue", "to deliver". ... The name יֵשׁוּעַ "Yeshua" (transliterated in the English Old Testament as Jeshua) is a late form of the Biblical Hebrew name יְהוֹשֻׁעַ Yehoshua (Joshua), and spelled with a waw in the second syllable.
READ POST #220.

PICJAG.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

You really have no idea about Christ do you, playing the "trying to impress Jesus" game. He knows when men are calling to Him He us no fool.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
as I always say prove what's posted is in ERROR by the scriptures.

PICJAG.
I doubt if the scriptures are going to give us the name(s) of the Person(s) that took the names of God the Father and God the Son out of the scriptures.

It is much easier for me to say, "Find the word Jesus in the actual scriptures." or "Prove that the word Jesus was written anywhere before 1400 ad."

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC to all.
"YESHUA". the Strong's # is (H3442), and it is written Yod-Shin-Vav-Ayin, it is a masculine noun that means "He is salvation" or "He saves”. for only God SAVES. In the Greek, it's G2424 Ἰησοῦς Iesous (ee-ay-sous`) n/p.
1. Jesus (i.e. Jehoshua) [of Hebrew origin (H3091)] of, of, of, not is Hebrew origin, hence the no J.
Root(s): H3091

of Hebrew origin?, from where? H3091, which gets its orgins from H3068 which originates from H1961 הָיָה hayah, or “I AM”, which the LORD told Moses in his asking “WHAT” is your name. here again we see that YHWH is used as an verb in describing “WHAT” the Lord JESUS, God is. “I AM”, which is the subject, as our grammar definition states is not the personal name. Isaiah 52:6 "Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I". when did God speak so that they knew that it was him, answer, John 8:21 "Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come. 22 Then said the Jews, Will he kill himself? because he saith, Whither I go, ye cannot come. 23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. 24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins". here clearly we see God plainly telling them that he, JESUS is “I”. listen again even from a different scripture, Isaiah 43:10" Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me”. how plain can one get. John 8:28" Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things”. One other question, what is the difference between Lord and God. 1 Corinthians 8:5 "For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) 6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him". ONE LORD and ONE GOD, where have we heard this before at?. two places Deuteronomy 6:4 "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD" But to us there is but one God, who is this one God? the Father. and the one Lord Jesus Christ. John 20:28 "And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God." the one Lord is God. 1 Corinthians 8:7a "Howbeit there is not in every man that knowledge".

So by being no "J" at that time, true, there was no "J" in the Hebrew language, but the direction, or SCRIPTURAL TRAIL as to who YESHUA is, is without a doubt the one in the GREEk Language identified as the transliteral name "JESUS", G2424 Ἰησοῦς Iesous (yee-sous'). that transliterated name is found in scriptures. so there is no argument that YESHUA is the G2424 Ἰησοῦς Iesous (yee-sous') in the texts.

in the English language today, which is the dominant language of these last DAYS. Glory to Jesus. God say that he will not give his "GLORY" to another. Isaiah 48:11 "For mine own sake, even for mine own sake, will I do it: for how should my name be polluted? and I will not give my glory unto another". listen to Jesus, John 17:5 "And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was". so there is only one God and that means only one GLORY. and if Jesus is another as in G2087 heteros, as oppose to being G243 allos with God, then God lied in Isaiah 48:11, God forbid. so the only conclusion is that Jesus is God in flesh as the G 243 allos with God. and the name of God, both the Father, and Son is JESUS, the Greek G2424 Ἰησοῦς Iesous (yee-sous'), now transliterated in the dominant language of today as "JESUS". there is no getting around it. the trace of the Name is in the Scriptures from "I AM", the existing one to Jesus, the one who saves.

Zephaniah 3:9 "For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent". and who said that Hebrew is the only and pure Language?

PURE here in Zephaniah 3:9 is the Hebrew word,
H1305 בָּרַר barar (baw-rar') v.
1. to clarify (i.e. brighten).
2. to examine.
3. to select.
[a primitive root]
KJV: make bright, choice, chosen, cleanse (be clean), clearly, polished, (shew self) pure(-ify), purge (out).

Clarify and brighten simply convey "TO MAKE KNOWN". for at the time of John's writing the name was NOT KNOWN, Revelation 19:12 "His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself."
so NO "J" at John's writing, but NOW KNOWN, because of the English Language, the dominant language. BINGO.

PICJAG.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC to all.
"YESHUA". the Strong's # is (H3442), and it is written Yod-Shin-Vav-Ayin, it is a masculine noun that means "He is salvation" or "He saves”. for only God SAVES. In the Greek, it's G2424 Ἰησοῦς Iesous (ee-ay-sous`) n/p.
1. Jesus (i.e. Jehoshua) [of Hebrew origin (H3091)] of, of, of, not is Hebrew origin, hence the no J.
Root(s): H3091

of Hebrew origin?, from where? H3091, which gets its orgins from H3068 which originates from H1961 הָיָה hayah, or “I AM”, which the LORD told Moses in his asking “WHAT” is your name. here again we see that YHWH is used as an verb in describing “WHAT” the Lord JESUS, God is. “I AM”, which is the subject, as our grammar definition states is not the personal name. Isaiah 52:6 "Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I". when did God speak so that they knew that it was him, answer, John 8:21 "Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come. 22 Then said the Jews, Will he kill himself? because he saith, Whither I go, ye cannot come. 23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. 24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins". here clearly we see God plainly telling them that he, JESUS is “I”. listen again even from a different scripture, Isaiah 43:10" Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me”. how plain can one get. John 8:28" Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things”. One other question, what is the difference between Lord and God. 1 Corinthians 8:5 "For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) 6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him". ONE LORD and ONE GOD, where have we heard this before at?. two places Deuteronomy 6:4 "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD" But to us there is but one God, who is this one God? the Father. and the one Lord Jesus Christ. John 20:28 "And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God." the one Lord is God. 1 Corinthians 8:7a "Howbeit there is not in every man that knowledge".

So by being no "J" at that time, true, there was no "J" in the Hebrew language, but the direction, or SCRIPTURAL TRAIL as to who YESHUA is, is without a doubt the one in the GREEk Language identified as the transliteral name "JESUS", G2424 Ἰησοῦς Iesous (yee-sous'). that transliterated name is found in scriptures. so there is no argument that YESHUA is the G2424 Ἰησοῦς Iesous (yee-sous') in the texts.

in the English language today, which is the dominant language of these last DAYS. Glory to Jesus. God say that he will not give his "GLORY" to another. Isaiah 48:11 "For mine own sake, even for mine own sake, will I do it: for how should my name be polluted? and I will not give my glory unto another". listen to Jesus, John 17:5 "And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was". so there is only one God and that means only one GLORY. and if Jesus is another as in G2087 heteros, as oppose to being G243 allos with God, then God lied in Isaiah 48:11, God forbid. so the only conclusion is that Jesus is God in flesh as the G 243 allos with God. and the name of God, both the Father, and Son is JESUS, the Greek G2424 Ἰησοῦς Iesous (yee-sous'), now transliterated in the dominant language of today as "JESUS". there is no getting around it. the trace of the Name is in the Scriptures from "I AM", the existing one to Jesus, the one who saves.

Zephaniah 3:9 "For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent". and who said that Hebrew is the only and pure Language?

PURE here in Zephaniah 3:9 is the Hebrew word,
H1305 בָּרַר barar (baw-rar') v.
1. to clarify (i.e. brighten).
2. to examine.
3. to select.
[a primitive root]
KJV: make bright, choice, chosen, cleanse (be clean), clearly, polished, (shew self) pure(-ify), purge (out).

Clarify and brighten simply convey "TO MAKE KNOWN". for at the time of John's writing the name was NOT KNOWN, Revelation 19:12 "His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself."
so NO "J" at John's writing, but NOW KNOWN, because of the English Language, the dominant language. BINGO.

PICJAG.
Again...no translation and no transliteral and no Jesus.
And no one know were the word Jesus came from for sure. There is no possible way it came from the Hebrew.
The best explanation that I have heard, still explains it as a procedural error and still is not for certain. Here it is... I make no promises.

It was a fade. The Letter J came out around 1400 AD. Interest in its use was slow to catch on. William Shakespeare started using the J in his poems and plays in the mid to late 1500's. He was popular and trendy, the King James Bible had already adopted the Shakespearean form of style and in the beginning was using the Greek word Iēsous to refer to Christ. They determined arbitrarily that the first two letters in Iēsous sounded like a J so then rendered it Jesous which was changed to Jesus. But still to this day there is no evidence that the J sound or Ge sound existed in the Koine Greek. The J slam for the rest of the words soon follows.

The procedural error is that Christ's name is Hebrew...to bring it into the English language, it is an error to run it through the language mills. Christ's name can be phonically spelled in English. The owners of the Hebrew language....the Jews ....do this all the time. If you ever make it to Israel, ask them how to pronounce Jerusalem in Hebrew...they will tell you Yerusalem. (Now the Catholics had an interest in the Latin and I am not addressing that because it makes no sense at all.)

Now is this a factual explanation of how all this actually happened?....I do not know and no one does. That is what makes it interesting. There is no evidence that the English universities of the time period had anything to do with it. If they had, we would have an answer to the question of how it happened.

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again...no translation and no transliteral and no Jesus.
And no one know were the word Jesus came from for sure. There is no possible way it came from the Hebrew.
The best explanation that I have heard, still explains it as a procedural error and still is not for certain. Here it is... I make no promises.

It was a fade. The Letter J came out around 1400 AD. Interest in its use was slow to catch on. William Shakespeare started using the J in his poems and plays in the mid to late 1500's. He was popular and trendy, the King James Bible was in print but using the word Iēsous They determined arbitrarily that the first two letters in Iēsous sounded like a J so then rendered it Jesous which was changed to Jesus. But still to this day there is no evidence that the J sound or Ge sound existed in the Koine Greek. The J slam for the rest of the words soon follows.

The procedural error is that Christ's name is Hebrew...to bring it into the English language, it is an error to run it through the language mills. Christ's name can be phonically spelled in English. The owners of the Hebrew language....the Jews ....do this all the time. If you ever make it to Israel, ask them how to pronounce Jerusalem in Hebrew...they will tell you Yerusalem. (Now the Catholics had an interest in the Latin and I am not addressing that because it makes no sense at all.)

Now is this a factual explanation of how all this actually happened?....I do not know and no one does. That is what makes it interesting. There is no evidence that the English universities of the time period had anything to do with it. If they had, we would have an answer to the question of how it happened.
first thanks for the reply. you still don't see it. but it might not be for you.

PICJAG