Jesus Is God: Part 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greetings, Pierac. Something is wrong with the alert system because I never got any alerts telling me this thread had been responded to. Had you not just posted 15-20 minutes ago, which brought it up on the Recent Posts board, I would have never known.

The above is a fairly well-written response, better than the one quoted in the OP. The problem here is that he didn't actually use the word "King," though it was an extremely common word used at the time. Nor did he use the word "Christ." The word that came out of his mouth was "God," and the force of it is stronger. When Peter identified Him as "the Christ" it was also by revelation. This had not been revealed to others yet, but Jesus confirmed what came out of Peter's mouth after he said it, rather than correct it.

So for starters, there could actually be a close relation between appearing as a God and actually being One here, and both would be insinuated and could be read into Thomas' statement. You don't think Jesus would have corrected him if He were not actually God if the Pharisees had already tried to condemn Him for declaring Himself to be God? Seems like that would be rather careless on His part. You don't think He would have corrected what appeared to be words that endorsed the very heresy He had earlier been accused of, over which the Pharisees almost stoned Him to death?

31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. 32 Jesus answered them, “Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?” 33 The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”
I find it very interesting that in Mark 14 Jesus refers to Himself as the Son of man...Mark 14 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
²⁰ And he answered and said unto them, It is one of the twelve, that dippeth with me in the dish.
²¹ The Son of man indeed goeth, as it is written of him: but woe to that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! good were it for that man if he had never been born.

⁴¹ And he cometh the third time, and saith unto them, Sleep on now, and take your rest: it is enough, the hour is come; behold, the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.
⁴² Rise up, let us go; lo, he that betrayeth me is at hand.

⁶¹ But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?
⁶² And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
⁶³ Then the high priest rent his clothes, and saith, What need we any further witnesses?
⁶⁴ Ye have heard the blasphemy: what think ye? And they all condemned him to be guilty of death.

Jesus never spoke from His lips He was the Son of God...but there are several scriptures where it is implied...
Ex:Matthew 26 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁶³ But Jesus held his peace. And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God.
⁶⁴ Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has no beginning... Jesus does! You do not know God.

Utterly unacceptable, and you have been reported for it. You are not the Judge of who does and does not know God

My hopes at having a decent conversation are pretty much in the trash at this point, and actually, after reading posts like this, I think you DO serve Satan, Paul. And I'm not about to sit around and let you post business like that to find out if it gets any better.
I find it very interesting that in Mark 14 Jesus refers to Himself as the Son of man...Mark 14 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
²⁰ And he answered and said unto them, It is one of the twelve, that dippeth with me in the dish.
²¹ The Son of man indeed goeth, as it is written of him: but woe to that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! good were it for that man if he had never been born.

⁴¹ And he cometh the third time, and saith unto them, Sleep on now, and take your rest: it is enough, the hour is come; behold, the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.
⁴² Rise up, let us go; lo, he that betrayeth me is at hand.

⁶¹ But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?
⁶² And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
⁶³ Then the high priest rent his clothes, and saith, What need we any further witnesses?
⁶⁴ Ye have heard the blasphemy: what think ye? And they all condemned him to be guilty of death.

Jesus never spoke from His lips He was the Son of God...but there are several scriptures where it is implied...
Ex:Matthew 26 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁶³ But Jesus held his peace. And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God.
⁶⁴ Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Greetings, sister. I could respond, but while his first post seemed mature and respectful, everything our guest here has posted afterwards has been anything but that, and I'm strongly tempted to just shut this thread down.

In fact, forget it. Shut it down. I don't need anybody reading spiritually destructive comments like his, not when it's my thread. Close it. If he thinks it's because he can't be debated then he can wallow in his own conceit, but I'm not entertaining his mess, not for an instant.

God bless, and I'm sure we'll have some civil and responsible discussions about this stuff elsewhere, but it won't be with a child masquerading as an adult.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Utterly unacceptable, and you have been reported for it. You are not the Judge of who does and does not know God

My hopes at having a decent conversation are pretty much in the trash at this point, and actually, after reading posts like this, I think you DO serve Satan, Paul. And I'm not about to sit around and let you post business like that to find out if it gets any better.

Greetings, sister. I could respond, but while his first post seemed mature and respectful, everything our guest here has posted afterwards has been anything but that, and I'm strongly tempted to just shut this thread down.

In fact, forget it. Shut it down. I don't need anybody reading spiritually destructive comments like his, not when it's my thread. Close it. If he thinks it's because he can't be debated then he can wallow in his own conceit, but I'm not entertaining his mess, not for an instant.

God bless, and I'm sure we'll have some civil and responsible discussions about this stuff elsewhere, but it won't be with a child masquerading as an adult.
Well hold on, Here is what I believe...Jesus never called Himself "Son of God" because He is God....but always referred to Himself as "Son of man" because He is God made flesh....
But everytime someone else referred to Him as the "Son of God" He did not deny it but to Peter He said:
Matthew 16 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹⁵ He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
¹⁶ And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
¹⁷ And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

So I am curious about this and have meditated on it and concluded that it had to be revealed to man by the Father, and then later after His crucifixion it is revealed by the Holy Spirit....so Jesus true nature has to be revealed....amen?

Reactions: dev553344

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well hold on, Here is what I believe...Jesus never called Himself "Son of God" because He is God....but always referred to Himself as "Son of man" because He is God made flesh....
But everytime someone else referred to Him as the "Son of God" He did not deny it but to Peter He said:

I wasn't responding to your post, LoL. I'm sure you and I would have a civil and respectful discussion. I'm saying this thread doesn't need to be up given the irresponsible nature of some of whats his names posts.

Nothing to do with you or what you posted. :) just close the thread. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.