Jesus is Michael

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Encyclopedia Britannica had this to say on this subject:

“The writer of Exodus 3:14-15 ... explains it [the meaning of God’s name] by the phrase EHYEH asher EHYEH (Ex. iii., 14); this can be translated ‘I am that I am’ or more exactly ‘I am wont to be that which I am wont to be’ or ‘I will be that which I will be.’” - p. 995, 14th ed., v. 12.

Although it takes some effort to further check out the meaning of ehyeh, it is worth it. With a good Hebrew-English Interlinear Bible you can prove to yourself that ehyeh should be translated “I will be” (or a similar rendering) at Ex. 3:14.

In contrast to the paucity of evidence for an “I am” interpretation of ehyeh you will find that all of the books of Moses (the Pentateuch), including Exodus, of course, and the book of Joshua always use ehyeh to mean “I will be.” The list of all uses of ehyeh in the writings of Moses can be found below. Check out the various translations of these scriptures. A Hebrew interlinear will back up what I have listed.

Well with all this gnat straining you err for one simple fact. Depending on teh construct it can be renedered I will be what I will be, but Ex. 3:14 is not that construct!

Hebrew Verb: Qal Imperfect (yiqtol) First Person Common Singular Because this is an imperfect type the most complete English rendering is- "I will continue to be who I will continue to be!" Then we know God does not change so the common "I am who I am" is teh best translation of this passage.

But thanks for playing. Once again, I get my info from one of my teachers who is a Messianic Jew, who is a native Hebrew Speaker, holds a bachelors in Hebrew and reads the OT in Hebrew!

Reactions: Cassandra

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no i am that i am in the Hebrew language. Its a trinity mistranslation. Every one on earth who can speak Hebrew will tell you that fact. I will be what i will be is the correct translating from Hebrew.

Wrong! "ha ya" or "eh-yah" are two wats to say I am in Hebrew. IN modern Hebrew it is "אני כן." (ani- kin) you are getting bad info

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No what you see is a basic definition answer. There ismore than that. go to a Hebrew Parsing guide.

Elohim is the Plural noun. It is a plurality of majesties.

Its plural for false trinity gods that were served back then, never for YHWH(Jehovah)

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We will all be shown.

Yes we will. My only hope is that you don't buy the lie that Watchtower teaches that Jesus did not rise bodily from the dead with the body He died in. If you do, you will be shown on the way to the lake of fire.

tigger 2

Oct 19, 2017
port angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong! "ha ya" or "eh-yah" are two wats to say I am in Hebrew. IN modern Hebrew it is "אני כן." (ani- kin) you are getting bad info

I question your use of ani kin to mean "I am." Please provide sources (other than your friend). In Biblical Hebrew it would be ani hu.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its a plural noun period! The singular for Elohim is El-owah! You can get around that.

Adonai used of god is a plural noun. period! Teh singular is Adon!

God will show us all soon. This is who Jesus teaches to worship-John 4:22-24

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes we will. My only hope is that you don't buy the lie that Watchtower teaches that Jesus did not rise bodily from the dead with the body He died in. If you do, you will be shown on the way to the lake of fire.

The bible doesnt teach what you said. Peter said he was raised in the spirit-an apostle of Jesus, inspired by Gods holy spirit to write the words -raised in the spirit. We all choose with free will who we believe. Jesus appeared behind a locked door--no mortal flesh did that. But being the son of the living God can most assuredly appear as mortal at will. God trusts him fully.

DavidB

Feb 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God will show us all soon. This is who Jesus teaches to worship-John 4:22-24
Don’t you know that when someone says “period!” they have had the last word on the subject and there is nothing more to be said?:)

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I question your use of ani kin to mean "I am." Please provide sources (other than your friend). In Biblical Hebrew it would be ani hu.

Well biblical Hebrew is eyah or haya (English respelling varies) When I find it again online I will post the source.

But all modern translations and paraphrases use I am.

Exodus 3:14 Parallel: And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. (biblehub.com)

Even the Tanakh and Aramaic bibles use I am. YOur watchtower anonymous no linguists just can't be correct.

But another free lesson for you.

This verb is in the Qal, yiqtol, 1st person singular- so I am is correct.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible doesnt teach what you said. Peter said he was raised in the spirit-an apostle of Jesus, inspired by Gods holy spirit to write the words -raised in the spirit. We all choose with free will who we believe. Jesus appeared behind a locked door--no mortal flesh did that. But being the son of the living God can most assuredly appear as mortal at will. God trusts him fully.

YOu listen to the watchtower instead of the word of God! Resurrection means a standing up AGAIN. So if Jesus died an invisivble spirit creature, then that is what stood up AGAIN!

Jesus was not raised as a spirit but by the SPirit!

Jesus walked on water as mortal flesh! Jesus took five loaves and 2 fish and fed 20,000 as mortal flesh! Jesus spoke and made a mans hand whole as mortal flesh! want me to go on the things that Jesus in mortal flesh did that mortal flesh is not supposed to do? Stop putting the watchtower blinders on and look at Gods Word by itself.

The Watchtower soes not want you to read the bible alone without their techings nearby. Know why? Because if you read Gods Word- you will see Jesus physically rose from teh dead and is equally divine as His Father and see other JW lies exposed. They even warned members to not read teh bible alone- they tolds you you would go into darkness if you did!

Imagine that- Read Gods Word and you will go into darkness!

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Watchtower soes not want you to read the bible alone without their techings nearby. Know why? Because if you read Gods Word- you will see Jesus physically rose from teh dead and is equally divine as His Father and see other JW lies exposed. They even warned members to not read teh bible alone-they tolds you you would go into darkness if you did!

I googled this when I read it as it was hard for me to believe. I don't know about the darkness, but i found this, and I must tell you, I am shocked:

“Thus the Bible is an organizational book and belongs to the Christian congregation as an organization, not to individuals, regardless of how sincerely they may believe that they can interpret the Bible. For this reason the Bible cannot be properly understood without Jehovah’s visible organization in mind.” (The Watchtower, October 1, 1967, p. 587)" ( I did not bold this--it was already bolded.)
Link to quote: Jehovah’s Witness View of Bible Study
Here is the problem, and it's a doozy. Let us assume that a person has the Bible alone as a guide. This person has read and reread it over and over. Why wouldn't that Bible lead him to find the true church? Why would he need help?
He learns about his Creator, and His Redeemer. He learns how to walk with Him. Then he is supposed to go to a church where the important thing is to call God Jehovah, and have someone instruct him, because he can't do it alone?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I googled this when I read it as it was hard for me to believe. I don't know about the darkness, but i found this, and I must tell you, I am shocked:

“Thus the Bible is an organizational book and belongs to the Christian congregation as an organization, not to individuals, regardless of how sincerely they may believe that they can interpret the Bible. For this reason the Bible cannot be properly understood without Jehovah’s visible organization in mind.” (The Watchtower, October 1, 1967, p. 587)" ( I did not bold this--it was already bolded.)
Link to quote: Jehovah’s Witness View of Bible Study
Here is the problem, and it's a doozy. Let us assume that a person has the Bible alone as a guide. This person has read and reread it over and over. Why wouldn't that Bible lead him to find the true church? Why would he need help?
He learns about his Creator, and His Redeemer. He learns how to walk with Him. Then he is supposed to go to a church where the important thing is to call God Jehovah, and have someone instruct him, because he can't do it alone?

In 1981 in their headquarters in Bethel N.Y. There was a huge purge of people who were fired from their sub minimum wage jobs. Dozens were disfellowhipped! Teh crime? they got caught doing private bible studies without watchtower material to interpret God for them. It was a biog deal in teh Watchtower mag for several issues.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you can't do that according to your teachers unless you are one of the 144,000. So you are hopless.

My teachers dont teach that. Any can worship the Father. Its his will that all do. That is why is why Jesus teaches it.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOu listen to the watchtower instead of the word of God! Resurrection means a standing up AGAIN. So if Jesus died an invisivble spirit creature, then that is what stood up AGAIN!

Jesus was not raised as a spirit but by the SPirit!

Jesus walked on water as mortal flesh! Jesus took five loaves and 2 fish and fed 20,000 as mortal flesh! Jesus spoke and made a mans hand whole as mortal flesh! want me to go on the things that Jesus in mortal flesh did that mortal flesh is not supposed to do? Stop putting the watchtower blinders on and look at Gods Word by itself.

The Watchtower soes not want you to read the bible alone without their techings nearby. Know why? Because if you read Gods Word- you will see Jesus physically rose from teh dead and is equally divine as His Father and see other JW lies exposed. They even warned members to not read teh bible alone- they tolds you you would go into darkness if you did!

Imagine that- Read Gods Word and you will go into darkness!

None can understand alot of the bible without being taught by these-Matt 24:45
Tell us all what a 7 headed beast with 10 horns is and a 2 horned beast. Rev 13-- The whole world has watched it for years.

tigger 2

Oct 19, 2017
port angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well biblical Hebrew is eyah or haya (English respelling varies) When I find it again online I will post the source.

But all modern translations and paraphrases use I am.

Exodus 3:14 Parallel: And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. (biblehub.com)

Even the Tanakh and Aramaic bibles use I am. YOur watchtower anonymous no linguists just can't be correct.

But another free lesson for you.

This verb is in the Qal, yiqtol, 1st person singular- so I am is correct.
I actually have on my shelf (and have carefully quoted from)

The New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology, p. 69, Vol. 2

The Encyclopedia Britannica p. 995, 14th ed., v. 12.

Today’s Dictionary of the Bible, 1982, Bethany House

The International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, Eerdmans,

A Dictionary of the Bible, Hastings, Vol. 2,

New Bible Dictionary, Douglas (ed.), 1962

The Septuagint

This is not from the Watchtower nor anyone else but from me and the sources I have quoted. Your argument is with them.

14 And God said unto Moses, I will be that I will be: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I will be hath sent me unto you. - Leeser translation.

14 God said to Moses, "I-will-be-what-I-will-be;" - Moffatt

“I will be what I will be”.—Byington

"I Will Become" - Rotherham

Cambridge Bible for Schools and Colleges

14. I will be that I will be (3rd marg.)] The words are evidently intended as an interpretation of the name Yahweh, the name,—which in form is the third pers. imperf. of a verb (just like Isaac, Jacob, Jephthah), meaning He is wont to be or He will be,—being interpreted, as Jehovah is Himself the speaker, in the first person. The rendering given appears to the present writer, as it appeared to W. R. Smith, and A. B. Davidson, to give the true meaning of the Heb. ’Ehyeh ’ăsher ’ehyeh: Jehovah promises that He will be, to Moses and His people, what He will be,—something which is undefined, but which, as His full nature is more and more completely unfolded by the lessons of history and the teaching of the prophets, will prove to be more than words can express. The explanation is thus of a character to reassure Moses. See further the separate note, p. 40.

How do you explain that the two trinitarian-written NT Hebrew translations I have both say at John 8:58 ani hu instead of ehyeh ? Hebrew New Testament by Franz Delitzsch and Hebrew New Testament by The United Bible Societies (UBS).

Last edited:
Reactions: Keiw

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I actually have on my shelf (and have carefully quoted from)

The New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology, p. 69, Vol. 2

The Encyclopedia Britannica p. 995, 14th ed., v. 12.

Today’s Dictionary of the Bible, 1982, Bethany House

The International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, Eerdmans,

A Dictionary of the Bible, Hastings, Vol. 2,

New Bible Dictionary, Douglas (ed.), 1962

The Septuagint

This is not from the Watchtower nor anyone else but from me and the sources I have quoted. Your argument is with them.

14 And God said unto Moses, I will be that I will be: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I will be hath sent me unto you. - Leeser translation.

14 God said to Moses, "I-will-be-what-I-will-be;" - Moffatt

Cambridge Bible for Schools and Colleges

14. I will be that I will be (3rd marg.)] The words are evidently intended as an interpretation of the name Yahweh, the name,—which in form is the third pers. imperf. of a verb (just like Isaac, Jacob, Jephthah), meaning He is wont to be or He will be,—being interpreted, as Jehovah is Himself the speaker, in the first person. The rendering given appears to the present writer, as it appeared to W. R. Smith, and A. B. Davidson, to give the true meaning of the Heb. ’Ehyeh ’ăsher ’ehyeh: Jehovah promises that He will be, to Moses and His people, what He will be,—something which is undefined, but which, as His full nature is more and more completely unfolded by the lessons of history and the teaching of the prophets, will prove to be more than words can express. The explanation is thus of a character to reassure Moses. See further the separate note, p. 40.

How do you explain that the two trinitarian-written NT Hebrew translations I have both say at John 8:58 ani hu instead of ehyeh ? Hebrew New Testament by Franz Delitzsch and Hebrew New Testament by The United Bible Societies (UBS).

Truth proves trinity translations are filled with misleading errors--to fit false council teachings from centuries ago. Nice post Tigger 2