• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that Romans 7:9 does in fact give an answer to this question, if you are willing to discern the truth of the matter coming from this scripture.
Wrong.

Romans 7:9 have absolutely NOTHING to do with "age of reason" - or age at ALL.
It has to do with the LAW and sin. That's what the ENTIRE chapter is about.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the advice but I will pass. I'm saved by Jesus alone and trusting in Him for my salvation not any church. He is the Savior, Redeemer, Priest, Mediator and King. I'm in His Kingdom and I serve Him.
There is One God and One Mediator between God and man , the man Christ Jesus. 1 Timothy 2:5.
No catholic church can save me, no orthodox church can save me, no protestant church can save me. Christ ALONE is the Savior of the world. No earthly human or church Saves anyone from hell only Jesus can do that my friend. You can take that to the bank and cash it in as its as good as gold in Gods eyes.

hope this helps !!!
Not sure why you said what you did above in RED because I never made that claim.
We're not saved BY His Church - we are saved THROUGH His Church. It's not an "earthly" or "human" Church - it is the Body of Christ and was built by HIM (Matt. 16:18) - and HE is the Head (Col. 1:18).

I simply told you that you were ignorant to use the term "RCC" or "Roman Catholic Church" to describe Catholics.
There are about 19 different Catholic Liturgical Rites that would have a problem with you referring to them as the "Roman" Catholic Church . . .

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure why you said what you did above in RED because I never made that claim.
We're not saved BY His Church - we are saved THROUGH His Church. It's not an "earthly" or "human" Church - it is the Body of Christ and was built by HIM (Matt. 16:18) - and HE is the Head (Col. 1:18).

I simply told you that you were ignorant to use the term "RCC" or "Roman Catholic Church" to describe Catholics.
There are about 19 different Catholic Liturgical Rites that would have a problem with you referring to them as the "Roman" Catholic Church . . .
Christ is the only one who saves a man from sin- not your church, not the body of Christ either. You are describing a misplaced faith on earthy things instead of the One who made heaven and earth and all it contains which is Jesus my Lord and my God. John 20:28

hope this helps !!!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please note that I am having the same conversation with @Marymog, and that we do not need to be redundant; unless there is some point that has been missed in the conversation.
There is an official church organization that consists of those in leadership at any given local congregation; through which church discipline can be enacted if that is your cup of tea.
Okay - you can direct your response to @Marymog . . .

In my city, there are literally DOZENS of churches - Protestant and Catholic.
So - WHICH of them has Christ's Authority, per Matt. 16:18 and 1 Tim. 3:15??

By the way - it's not about whether it's MY "cup of tea". It's about a SCRIPTURAL mandate.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ is the only one who saves a man from sin- not your church, not the body of Christ either. You are describing a misplaced faith on earthy things instead of the One who made heaven and earth and all it contains which is Jesus my Lord and my God. John 20:28

hope this helps !!!
And once again - you seem to have fallen off the Honesty Wagon . . .
READ
my last post again, where I explicitly stated that we are NOT saved BY the Church.

I know it's difficult for you to be honest - but pray for strength and TRY not to lie again . . .

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nuff said

see above

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nuff said

see above
Yes.

ALL
who get saved get saved THOUGH His Church (Matt. 28:19), which is the FULLNESS of Christ (Eph. 1:22-23) and the pillar and foundation of Truth (1 Tim. 3:15).

"'Nuff said" is right . . .

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The SAME thing the Church has taught for 2000 years - and that we read in Scripture:
That we born again at Baptism when our sins are forgiven and we receive the gift of the Holy Spirit (John 3:5, Mark 16:16, Acts 2:38-39, 1 Pet. 3:21).

Infant baptism doesn't save...only believer's baptism does (Mark 16:16).

Wrong.

Romans 7:9 have absolutely NOTHING to do with "age of reason" - or age at ALL.
It has to do with the LAW and sin. That's what the ENTIRE chapter is about.

Rom 7:9, For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

it speaks of the fact that before reaching the age of accountability we were all spiritually alive without the law...

But when the law came in, we reached the age of accountability and became accountable to the law.

And therefore, when we reached the age of accountability, that is the point where we were no longer saved apart from trusting in the sacrifice of Jesus Christ...because the commandment came and showed us that we were sinners in need of a Saviour. And therefore we were from then on in accountable for our acceptance or rejection of Jesus Christ.

Before that, we were alive spiritually, without the law. When the commandment came, sin revived and we died.

Okay - you can direct your response to @Marymog . . .

In my city, there are literally DOZENS of churches - Protestant and Catholic.
So - WHICH of them has Christ's Authority, per Matt. 16:18 and 1 Tim. 3:15??

By the way - it's not about whether it's MY "cup of tea". It's about a SCRIPTURAL mandate.

Any leaders that are born again of the Holy Spirit have Christ's authority, even through the word of God that is given to them.

The authority is not given because of the title of the church denomination....rather it is given because of a real relationship with Jesus Christ.

Reactions: ChristisGod

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's about whether it is your cup of tea.

There are those who are sticklers for the law and who believe that they have to exercise church discipline at every turn...even in those cases where the infraction is very minor.

I would rather err on the side of grace and overlook minor infractions...

Because Jesus is not about condemning people, He is about saving them.

Luk 9:54, And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?
Luk 9:55, But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.
Luk 9:56, For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Infant baptism doesn't save...only believer's baptism does (Mark 16:16).
Cool - then maybe you can show me the verse that says "ONLY a believer's Baptism will do."

I can't find that in my Bible . . .
Rom 7:9, For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

it speaks of the fact that before reaching the age of accountability we were all spiritually alive without the law...

But when the law came in, we reached the age of accountability and became accountable to the law.

And therefore, when we reached the age of accountability, that is the point where we were no longer saved apart from trusting in the sacrifice of Jesus Christ...because the commandment came and showed us that we were sinners in need of a Saviour. And therefore we were from then on in accountable for our acceptance or rejection of Jesus Christ.

Before that, we were alive spiritually, without the law. When the commandment came, sin revived and we died.
Cool - then maybe you cn show me the verse that gives us this "magical" age of accountability.
AGAIN - I can't seem to find that in my Bible.

Is it 5 years?
6?
8?
11?

I'll wait right here for the answer . . .
Any leaders that are born again of the Holy Spirit have Christ's authority, even through the word of God that is given to them.

The authority is not given because of the title of the church denomination....rather it is given because of a real relationship with Jesus Christ.
That's funny, because Jesus said:
Matt. 15:17
"If they still refuse to listen, tell it to THE church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector."

He never said, "Tell the leaders of YOUR particular splintered denomination."

In the next verse, He gives the leaders of HIS Church SUPREME Earthly Authority:
Matt. 18:18

Truly, I say to you, WHATEVER YOU BIND on earth shall be bound in heaven, and WHATEVER YOU LOOSE on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

These men appointed successors - and so on and so on and so on - in an UNBROKEN line of Succession down through the centuries.
NONE of them are Protestants.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's about whether it is your cup of tea.
And therein lies the tragedy of Protestantism.

Tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually splintering sects that ALL teach different and competing doctrines because they splintered from another sect that wasn't their "cup of tea"

Precisely the antithesis of the UNITY that Jesus fervently prayed for at the Last Supper (John 17:20-23).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cool - then maybe you can show me the verse that says "ONLY a believer's Baptism will do."

I can't find that in my Bible . . .

Colossians 2:12 (kjv) says that salvation through baptism is through faith of the operation of God.

Cool - then maybe you cn show me the verse that gives us this "magical" age of accountability.
AGAIN - I can't seem to find that in my Bible.

Is it 5 years?
6?
8?
11?

I'll wait right here for the answer . . .

It is different for every person...what matters is when the spiritual reality hits that "I am a sinner in need of a Saviour"...then I am accountable to receive the Saviour.

That's funny, because Jesus said:
Matt. 15:17
"If they still refuse to listen, tell it to THE church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector."

He never said, "Tell the leaders of YOUR particular splintered denomination."

In the next verse, He gives the leaders of HIS Church SUPREME Earthly Authority:
Matt. 18:18

Truly, I say to you, WHATEVER YOU BIND on earth shall be bound in heaven, and WHATEVER YOU LOOSE on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

These men appointed successors - and so on and so on and so on - in an UNBROKEN line of Succession down through the centuries.
NONE of them are Protestants.

The church consists of all those who are born again of the Holy Spirit...those who have received Jesus into their hearts and who have appropriated His blood to their lives as a payment for their sins' penalty.

Unfortunately for you, the line of succession was very likely broken at Pope Leo X...at which time the Protestant Reformation began and brought the succession into broader terms....to those who would simply believe on Jesus for their salvation.

And even before then, the true church consisted of all those who were born again....regardless of what was "official" as authority being passed down from Pope to cardinal to bishop to priest.

I believe Luther's 95 theses...

Perhaps you ought to look into the subject and see if there is any righteous cause for rejecting them.

I'm certain that the information is available to you on the internet...so you have no excuse for not knowing about it.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And therein lies the tragedy of Protestantism.

Tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually splintering sects that ALL teach different and competing doctrines because they splintered from another sect that wasn't their "cup of tea"

Precisely the antithesis of the UNITY that Jesus fervently prayed for at the Last Supper (John 17:20-23).
I find that the different Protestant sects are pretty unified in the essentials concerning doctrine...

And the only disunity has to do with things like worship style...whether it is radical or calm, liturgical or casual, etc.

I believe that the Lord has given us these differences so that people of different dispositions, who might be turned off by one type of worship style, can feel comfortable in the church of the Lord; because there is something for everyone.

Personally, I like a worship style that is both casual and radical...Pentecostal in nature.

Someone else might be scared of being in such a setting and a church that has a calm and liturgical worship style will suit them better. And the Lord has accommodated them by providing churches that have such a style.

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the Papacy during the middle ages killed between 100 -150 million protestants. Oh the gross whoredoms committed all in the name of god upon the innocent.

Who on earth would want anything to do with such whoredoms, violence upon the innocent ?

And since their priests cannot marry they seduce men and children in secret.

Shall I go on ?

Who in their right mind would want to be a part of that church ?

Revelation 22:15
For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Last edited:
Reactions: justbyfaith

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the Papacy during the middle ages killed between 100 -150 million protestants. Oh the gross whoredoms committed all in the name of god upon the innocent.

Who on earth would want anything to do with such whoredoms, violence upon the innocent ?

And since their priests cannot marry they seduce men and children in secret.

Shall I go on ?

Who in their right mind would want to be a part of that church ?
Amen.

Someday soon there is going to be a voice from heaven, saying, "Come out of her, my children, lest you partake of her sins..."

Reactions: ChristisGod

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen.

Someday soon there is going to be a voice from heaven, saying, "Come out of her, my children, lest you partake of her sins..."
Rev 17:1-2
Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and spoke with me, saying, “Come here, I will show you the judgment of the great harlot who sits on many waters, 2 with whom the kings of the earth committed acts of immorality, and those who dwell on the earth were made drunk with the wine of her immorality.”

Rev 17:5-6
and on her forehead a name was written, a mystery, “BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.” 6 And I saw the woman drunk with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the witnesses of Jesus.

Rome killed Jesus and the RCC killed His saints throughout the ages. The mother church filled with the blood of the saints , immorality and idolatry.

History doesn't lie and those are the facts.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - because I'm NOT a Sola Scripturist like YOU.

You are Against me because I Trust Scripture?

I believe in the Teaching Authority of Christ's Church (Matt. 16:18-19, Matt. 18:15-18, Luke 10:16, John 16:12-15).

You Reference Scripture For Teaching Authority?

Sounds a bit hypocritical.

SO - BACK to the question:
According to YOUR formula -

Could you quote what "You" are calling "MY" formula?

Taken

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Since you offer no scholarly documentation, Protestant or secular, you are bearing false witness, a clear violation of the 8th Commandment.
Proverbs 19:9
Exodus 20:16

51LAbRH5nsL._SX332_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

In each chapter, Stark takes on a well-established anti-Catholic myth, gives a fascinating history of how each myth became the conventional wisdom, and presents a startling picture of the real truth.
https://www.amazon.ca/Bearing-False-Witness-Debunking-Anti-Catholic/dp/1599474999
Rodney Stark, a reputable historian, is not even Catholic, so Christophany can't complain of doctrinal bias. According to her "history", Catholics killed the entire population of Protestant countries in the middle ages. This, of course, is absurd. Baptist myths and lies is an embarrassment to educated Baptists.

Last edited: