Jesus' Return.....in the Air ....on the Mountain

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

LTJMP14

Aug 25, 2021
Southeastern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This topic is a spill over from backlit's thread 'The Restrainer. And the Restrained'
I would suggest they are talking of seperate events.....the question is what are they? We know that Paul in Thessalonians is speaking of Jesus second coming because there is the reference to the resurrection of Gods people and them meeting him in the air.

The text in Zechariah however where Jesus' feet touch the Mount of Olives has totally different circumstances surrounding it....the mountain splits and becomes a great plain. What do you think that plain might be for?

Anyway, I don't want to derail backlit's thread. Perhaps another one needs starting for this topic.

Go for it brother...I am open to read what you have to share.

There is a similarity in events between Zechariah 14 and Revelation 20

Rev.20 speaks of the New Jerusalem coming down out of heaven.
Zech.14 of a vast plain when the mountain splits as the result of Jesus' feet touching it.
Could it be that Jesus has prepared a place for the New Jerusalem to touch down on in Zech. 14?
The similarity here is Jerusalem and the wicked surrounding the city to do battle.
The reference to Gog and Magog in Rev 20, I'm persuaded is the vast multitude of resurrected wicked at the second resurrection which Rev.20 clearly tells us is after the millennium.

Comparing the two texts subsequently highlights the return in 1 Thessalonians 4 as a seperate event to Zech.14 / Rev 20.
1500 miles cubed is a big city. Israel is too small a country to fit all of it.

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
The Kingdom, the Priesthood and the Conquest of the Messiah

Psalm 110 KJV

1 The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

2 The Lord shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the MIDST of thine enemies.

3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

4 The Lord hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.

5 The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the Day of His wrath.

6 He shall Judge among the heathen,
he shall fill the places with the dead bodies; he shall wound the heads(the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men) over many countries.

7 He shall drink of the brook in the way: therefore shall he lift up the head.

Revelation 11:v. 15 to 18

15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

16 And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God,

17 Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.

18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

NOTE:
Believe it or not, the ETERNAL PUNISHMENT has already begun and it will GET WORSE MORE and MORE from now on in the face of God's wrath.

The wrath of God and the ETERNAL punishment written in His Word were previously determined to begin at such a time. Therefore, the ETERNAL PUNISHMENT has time to begin, but it will never end, understand?
Yeah, the eternal punishment have already begun and will never end.
Be careful or get ready

Malachi 4:v.1-2
1 For, behold, the Day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the Day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the Lord of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.

2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev. 20
When 1 Thess. 4 is read by itself, it can seem to support rapture theology. However, Isa. 28 teaches that biblical theology cannot and definitely should not be built on what 1 passage says because everything concerning biblical doctrine is scattered in different parts of the Bible like a jigsaw puzzle. You have to put all of the passages concerning 1 subject together to grasp the whole picture, and the subject concerning Christ's return is no different. Yes, 1 Thess. 4 says Christ's saints will meet Him in the air, but it does not say the saints are mysteriously zapped into the air and disappear with Him to Heaven.

Furthermore, Christ gave the whole timeline of what would happen from His ascension to His return, and in no way, shape, or form did Christ teach Hal Lindsian theology. Christ stated in no uncertain terms that the saints will not be gathered to Him until after the Tribulation, and that the whole world will know His saints are being gathered:

“Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other." - Matt. 24:29-31

It's no surprise that people who reject God's laws adhere to Hal Lindsian theology. They reject the authority of the OT, which ironically supplies extremely important pieces of end-time prophecy. The events in Zech. 14:4-5 happens after the saints are gathered, where it is stated that Christ and the gathered saints will go to the ground and into Jerusalem after the various armies that fought against Him are destroyed. When Paul said the saints will forever be with the Lord in 1 Thess. 4, it's because they will be ruling this world with Him forever. The golden rule of reading Paul's words is to always read them in context of Christ's statements, not isolate them out of context.
They will rule in the New Heaven and Earth for eternity, after the Lord dissolves this earth by fire at his coming

Revelation 21:1-5KJV
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
They will rule in the New Heaven and Earth for eternity, after the Lord dissolves this earth by fire at his coming

Revelation 21:1-5KJV
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
But you know this event, the descent of the new Jerusalem, and the creation of the new earth, takes place at the end of the 1000 years right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When 1 Thess. 4 is read by itself, it can seem to support rapture theology. However, Isa. 28 teaches that biblical theology cannot and definitely should not be built on what 1 passage says because everything concerning biblical doctrine is scattered in different parts of the Bible like a jigsaw puzzle. You have to put all of the passages concerning 1 subject together to grasp the whole picture, and the subject concerning Christ's return is no different. Yes, 1 Thess. 4 says Christ's saints will meet Him in the air, but it does not say the saints are mysteriously zapped into the air and disappear with Him to Heaven.
Being zapped? Are souls currently zapped into Paradise? I accept at the Second Coming, the 6th Seal, this corruptible body will dissolve immediately. The soul will be zapped into a permanent incorruptible body, and a robe of white wrapped around it all in the same instant. While those in Paradise come with their incorruptible bodies wrapped in a robe of white, the 5th Seal, and then Jesus Christ will present His body as complete to God, now sitting on the GWT that all below on earth can see. Especially the face that would be hidden way up in the sky. The base is resting on the earth. The GWT has been there since day 1. We just cannot see it.

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
Who has an ear let him hears

Philippians 3:v.20-21

The message is for them which are in heaven(2nd heaven)-Ephesians 1:v.3 - Behold, the third is coming.

20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: (He is in the 3rd heaven - it means in the Air - We are in the 2nd heaven which will be burned with the 1st heaven -2Peter 3:v.7)

21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself. According Luke 20:v.35-36, understand?

But remember and be careful:

The great red Dragon, a strong and powerful religious MONSTER having 7 heads, and 10 horns, and a terrible TAIL, he is also in the same heavenly environment; And his *TAIL drew (will drag after him) the third part of the STARS of heaven, and did (will cast) cast them to the earth:

his *TAIL --> Understand Isaiah 9:v.15 onwards, and Deut.28v.13

All of us need to have discernment of spirit.

Be careful, or get ready

Last edited: