Jesus returns, Jesus judges, the good inherit the earth, and the bad are sent to Hell "age-during"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yea, there is no biblical support that all will end up with God in the end, except for the plethora of verses that say exactly that.

None say that but I have already posted from Jesus who said few find life on a narrow road but the road to destruction is WIDE.

Reactions: Truth7t7

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None say that but I have already posted from Jesus who said few find life on a narrow road but the road to destruction is WIDE.
If you defy me again I'm going to find out where you live and force you to listen to The Chipmunks albums on an endless loop!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, some souls may need to visit the Lake of Fire (Hell) but it will be for a period of time, not forever.
Death and He'll will be cast into the lake of fire, it will be "Eternal" conscious torment for the unsaved wicked

Revelation 14:9-11KJV
9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night
, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet there is zero biblical support for that belief. It is Gnostic.
More like Jehovahs Witness or 7th Day Adventist, that deny a literal (hell/lake of fire) in conscious eternal torment

The poster stated one could go to he'll for a short time then get out, this is the false roman catholic doctrine of purgatory

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He returns in the first judgment. The final judgment is over a thousand years later according to Rev 20.

There is only one judgment day in Scripture. You invent 2 judgment days to support your Premil beliefs. You interpret all Scripture through the lens of your faulty interpretation of one symbolic passage in the most figurative book in the Bible. That is all you have. This is horrible hermeneutics. Amils on the other hand wisely and rightly interpret Revelation 20 through the lens of the rest of Scripture.

Reactions: Spiritual Israelite

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
For that age but eventually all of that will be done away with and will no longer exist.

Revelation 21:5 And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For that age but eventually all of that will be done away with and will no longer exist.

Revelation 21:5 And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”
Direct Question:

Are you a Jehovahs Witness or 7th Day Adventist?

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Direct Question:

Are you a Jehovahs Witness or 7th Day Adventist?
Nope.

Do you believe the Bible?

Revelation 5:13 Concordant
13 And every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and underneath the earth and on the sea, and all in them, I hear also saying, "To Him Who is sitting on the throne-To the Lambkin-Be blessing and honor and glory and might For the eons of the eons!"

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My brother, what does this verse mean to you?

1 John 4:14
14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.
What does it mean to you, the entire world will be saved at the end?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's what it says.
Unitarianism,The belief in Universalism is Heresy

Merriam-Webster​

universalism​

noun

uni·ver·sal·ism ˌyü-nə-ˈvər-sə-ˌli-zəm
a
: a theological doctrine that all human beings will eventually be saved
b
: the principles and practices of a liberal Christian denomination founded in the 18th century originally to uphold belief in universal salvation and now united with Unitarianism

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unitarianism,The belief in Universalism is Heresy

Merriam-Webster​

universalism​

noun

a
b
: the principles and practices of a liberal Christian denomination founded in the 18th century originally to uphold belief in universal salvation and now united with Unitarianism

Again, my brother, it is YOU that is rejecting the word of God. That's your choice, of course.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ECT proponents think that God is a puny, bumbling, incapable, angry, vengeful, and unforgiving being. They reject the biblical description of God.

1 John 4:7-14

7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. 10 In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us. 13 By this we know that we abide in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit. 14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, my brother, it is YOU that is rejecting the word of God. That's your choice, of course.
Once Again:

Unitarianism,The belief in Universalism is "Heresy"!

Merriam-Webster​

universalism​

noun

a
b

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once Again:

Unitarianism,The belief in Universalism is "Heresy"!

Merriam-Webster​

universalism​

noun

a
b
I'm sharing God's word; you're sharing Merriam-Webster.

You never answered my question.

Here's another. What does this mean to you?

Lamentations 3:31
For the Lord will not cast off forever,

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What happens in the first judgment?
There is only one fixed day of judgment to come, and it is final.

Thats how the NT communicates this issue.

2Thess 1
5 This is a positive proof of the righteous judgment of God [a sign of His fair verdict], so that you will be considered worthy of His kingdom, for which indeed you are suffering.

6 For after all it is only just for God to repay with distress those who distress you, 7 and to give relief to you who are so distressed and to us as well when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in a flame of fire, 8 dealing out [full and complete] vengeance to those who do not [seek to] know God and to those who ignore and refuse to obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus [by choosing not to respond to Him]. 9 These people will pay the penalty and endure the punishment of everlasting destruction, banished from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, 10 when He comes to be glorified in His saints on that day [that is, glorified through the changed lives of those who have accepted Him as Savior and have been set apart for His purpose], and to be marveled at among all who have believed, because our testimony to you was believed and trusted [and confirmed in your lives]. 11 With this in view, we constantly pray for you, that our God will count you worthy of your calling [to faith] and with [His] power fulfill every desire for goodness, and complete [your] every work of faith, 12 so that the name of our Lord Jesus will be glorified in you [by what you do], and you in Him, according to the [precious] grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Its all over at the second coming.

You ready for this or are you deceived??

Reactions: rwb and WPM

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You ready for this or are you deceived??
I reckon that I am deceived about a great many things. How about you? Is your understanding of everything complete and infallible? Does our loving, merciful, God roast those that have a slight misunderstanding?

Reactions: Bobgf

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ECT proponents think that God is a puny, bumbling, incapable, angry, vengeful, and unforgiving being. They reject the biblical description of God.

1 John 4:7-14

7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. 10 In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us. 13 By this we know that we abide in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit. 14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.

You are very selective in your quotes and totally butchering what you do quote.

Of course He is Savior of the world, to those who accept Him. To those who reject they will be damned for time and eternity. The Bible makes it clear that there are "few" that make it. The Jesus said in Matthew 7:13-14, Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.”

Your theology makes Jesus a liar.

Christians today have made the narrow road the broad road and the broad road the narrow road. They preach their messages in such a compromised manner that you would believe: “crooked is the gate, and broad is the way, which leadeth unto life, and many there be that find it.”

In Luke 13:23-28, we see Christ responding to an important question from the disciples, who asked, “Lord, are there few that be saved?”

Whereupon the Lord replies, Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”

The narrow road is not the popular road; the majority will never tread it. Most will be walking in a contrary direction. That’s what Jesus says in this Book.