Jesus returns, Jesus judges, the good inherit the earth, and the bad are sent to Hell "age-during"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Good unbelievers, who were dead in the grave, will be raised along with the "bad". However, the good will receive life while the bad go to the LOF.

John 5:28-29 28 Do not marvel at this, for an hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice 29 and come out, those who have done good to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment.
Actions. The fruit of the Spirit, which only those who are in Christ can produce.

17 And He said to him, Why do you call Me good? There is none good but one, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.
18 He said to Him, Which? Jesus said, You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not bear false witness,
19 honor your father and mother, and, you shall love your neighbor as yourself.
20 The young man said to Him, I have kept all these things from my youth up; what do I lack yet?
21 Jesus said to him, If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you shall have treasure in Heaven. And come, follow Me.
22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful; for he had great possessions.

Notice the word perfect in verse 21 above:

48 Therefore be perfect, even as your Father in Heaven is perfect.

Notice that Jesus mentions the commandments ed (because the "good" are judged by their actions, and actions are produced by what we believe or don't believe):

8 Owe no one anything, except to love one another; for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
9 For: "Do not commit adultery; do not murder; do not steal; do not bear false witness; do not lust;" and if there is any other commandment, it is summed up in this word, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
10 Love works no ill to its neighbor, therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

It is the fruit of the Spirit (But the fruit of the Spirit is: love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, meekness, self-control; against such things there is no law, Galatians 2:22), and Jesus said that unless you believe in Him and abide in Him, you can produce NO good fruit.

Unbelievers do not believe in and abide in Jesus. Their works aare their own fruit, not the fruit of the Spirit. Many believers end up producing the same fruit - their own fruit, thinking they are doing service to Jesus.

@Patrick1966 Eternal life is in Jesus, and in Christ alone. Only those who believe in Him will ever be found in Him.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the verse you are talking about Sodom is a metaphor for Israel, Jerusalem and the Jews.

Don't remain willfully ignorant brother.

So Ezekiel is talking about all of Israel and not just the Israeli city of Sodom?

By the way, this guy says that the YLT translation of "restoration" is a mistranslation.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Fullness of the Gentiles

Are you saying that this isn't true?

John 5:28-29 28 Do not marvel at this, for an hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice 29 and come out, those who have done good to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
So Ezekiel is talking about all of Israel and not just the Israeli city of Sodom?

By the way, this guy says that the YLT translation of "restoration" is a mistranslation.

The verses you quoted are not talking about Sodom and Gomrrah but are a metaphor for Israel, the Jews and Jerusalem whom in Isaiah and other prophets (such as Ezekiel) God metaphorically refers to as Sodom and Gomorrah.

Simile: As rust is to iron, so is idleness to the soul.
Metaphor: Idleness is the rust of the soul.

Hyperbole: "You've told me that a million times."

Wise and faithful saints are like (simile) shining stars (compare Genesis 22:17 with Daniel 12:3).

The Bible uses the sun and the moon as a metaphor for the rulers of the elect people of God, and the elect of God are the stars in Genesis 37:9-10 and Revelation 12:1.

There is a LOT of metaphor used in the prophetic books. Read the context of Ezekiel and see whom it's talking about.

Don't be willfully ignorant for the sake of hanging onto falsehood , brother. When you start doing that even though it's just been shown you that you cannot use that as support for what you are saying, all you are doing is showing yourself up as refusing to believe the truth.

You really will have to drop the scripture in Ezekiel you just used as support for your belief, because it really is a metaphor for Israel, Jerusalem and the Jews and is not talking about the actual destroyed cities of Sodom and Gomrrah at all.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
@Fullness of the Gentiles

Are you saying that this isn't true?

I already answered that in the post where I quoted it so go read what I posted please.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't be willfully ignorant for the sake of hanging onto falsehood , brother.
I am never married to a position and am always willing to be shown the truth in order that I can modify my understanding. I certainly don't pretend to have a complete understanding of God and his word.

I will study Ezekiel a bit more.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I am never married to a position and am always willing to be shown the truth in order that I can modify my understanding. I certainly don't pretend to have a complete understanding of God and his word.

I will study Ezekiel a bit more.
My brotherly advice to you and to any Christian is to study all scripture a bit more, but abandon the lense of any preconceived notions about what it is saying taught by anyone else. Ask God to give you the understanding and also to reveal to you wherever your understanding has been wrong.

Eternal life is in Jesus, and in Christ alone. Only those who believe in Him will ever be found in Him. To be in Christ through faith in Him (because eternal life is only in Christ) is to have your name written in the Lamb's Book of Life - and in Jesus' own Revelation to HIs churches, He revealed that all whose names are not written in the Lamb's Book of Life will be thwoen into the LOF, which is the 2nd death.

There is no 2nd sacrifice for sins and unbelief and no 2nd rsurrection from the 2nd death. Jesus IS the (only) resurrection and the life. The 2nd death is everlasting, eternal.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no 2nd sacrifice for sins and unbelief and no 2nd rsurrection from the 2nd death. Jesus IS the (only) resurrection and the life. The 2nd death is everlasting, eternal.

Please clarify that I understand you correctly. The unsaved are dead in the grave awaiting resurrection and then Jesus raises them in order to judge them and then essentially kills them by throwing them into the Lake of Fire for their second death. Is that correct?

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please clarify that I understand you correctly. The unsaved are dead in the grave awaiting resurrection and then Jesus raises them in order to judge them and then essentially kills them by throwing them into the Lake of Fire for their second death. Is that correct?

That would be needed to accomplish a second death wouldn't it? What scripture says the LOF is temporary? Where is a resurrection from the second death mentioned??

(for those reading there are no such scriptures)

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Age-during is what others mistranslated from Greek (aion) into "eternal".

Age-during does not mean temporary. The word aionion means the whole time, the very opposite of temporary. Temporary would be a partial age, not the whole age. It is the correct word for everlasting because an age is not divided but complete.

agelong, eternal
Usage: age-long, and therefore: practically eternal, unending; partaking of the character of that which lasts for an age, as contrasted with that which is brief and fleeting.

You are thinking outside the normal definition that an age itself is temporary. That is not how to use the word. The word has nothing to do with the age itself being temporary.

In this case the age itself has no end nor beginning. Stop changing the Greek to a meaning that is the exact opposite of how the Greeks used the word. The word is in contrast to brief and fleeting, ie temporary. Thus age-during cannot mean temporary as it means just the opposite of temporary.

Besides after this age people are still placed in the LOF. The LOF is not part of temporary creation. They are not brought out at the end. That would be a totally separate thought that is never mentioned. Your age-during just means they will never be brought out during that age. You cannot then assume a thought that is not mentioned in Scripture. That is adding to the Word of God from your own volition. You don't have that ability.

Reactions: Zao is life

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I agree with EWQ with what he said in Post #254. The death that came to Adam is what the last Adam came to undo. He IS the Resurrection (anastasis) and the Life. But those whose names are not written in the Lamb's Book of Life will experience a 2nd death.

Reactions: ewq1938