Jesus returns, Jesus judges, the good inherit the earth, and the bad are sent to Hell "age-during"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question. Since the bad people are sent to Hell for the remainder of the age mentioned in Matthew 25, why then would they later be resurrected only to be damned again?

Matthew 25:31-46 YLT

Matthew 25:31-46

Young's Literal Translation

31 `And whenever the Son of Man may come in his glory, and all the holy messengers with him, then he shall sit upon a throne of his glory;
32 and gathered together before him shall be all the nations, and he shall separate them from one another, as the shepherd doth separate the sheep from the goats,
33 and he shall set the sheep indeed on his right hand, and the goats on the left.
34 `Then shall the king say to those on his right hand, Come ye, the blessed of my Father, inherit the reign that hath been prepared for you from the foundation of the world;
35 for I did hunger, and ye gave me to eat; I did thirst, and ye gave me to drink; I was a stranger, and ye received me;
36 naked, and ye put around me; I was infirm, and ye looked after me; in prison I was, and ye came unto me.
37 `Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when did we see thee hungering, and we nourished? or thirsting, and we gave to drink?
38 and when did we see thee a stranger, and we received? or naked, and we put around?
39 and when did we see thee infirm, or in prison, and we came unto thee?
40 `And the king answering, shall say to them, Verily I say to you, Inasmuch as ye did [it] to one of these my brethren -- the least -- to me ye did [it].
41 Then shall he say also to those on the left hand, Go ye from me, the cursed, to the fire, the age-during, that hath been prepared for the Devil and his messengers;
42 for I did hunger, and ye gave me not to eat; I did thirst, and ye gave me not to drink;
43 a stranger I was, and ye did not receive me; naked, and ye put not around me; infirm, and in prison, and ye did not look after me.
44 `Then shall they answer, they also, saying, Lord, when did we see thee hungering, or thirsting, or a stranger, or naked, or infirm, or in prison, and we did not minister to thee?
45 `Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say to you, Inasmuch as ye did [it] not to one of these, the least, ye did [it] not to me.
46 And these shall go away to punishment age-during, but the righteous to life age-during.'

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not talking about going to hades when they die but the GWTJ when they are sent to the lake of fire, Rev 20.

So, the unsaved die and go to hades and wait for the second resurrection of Rev 20, to be judged at the GWT and sent to the LOF.

Reactions: Ronald David Bruno

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not talking about going to hades when they die but the GWTJ when they are sent to the lake of fire, Rev 20.

So, the unsaved die and go to hades and wait for the second resurrection of Rev 20, to be judged at the GWT and sent to the LOF.
Perhaps I'm not understanding you. Jesus immediately sends them to "the fire" which is the Lake of Fire, right? So why would they be resurrected only to be sent back to the LOF? That doesn't make any sense.

41 Then shall he say also to those on the left hand, Go ye from me, the cursed, to the fire, the age-during, that hath been prepared for the Devil and his messengers;

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps I'm not understanding you. Jesus immediately sends them to "the fire" which is the Lake of Fire, right?

No. There is only one time when that happens:

Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled, and place was not found for them.
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is that of life. And the dead were judged out of the things written in the books according to their works.
Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and hades gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged each according to their works:
Rev 20:14 and death and hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death, even the lake of fire.
Rev 20:15 And if any one was not found written in the book of life, he was cast into the lake of fire.

Reactions: Patrick1966

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question. Since the bad people are sent to Hell for the remainder of the age mentioned in Matthew 25, why then would they later be resurrected only to be damned again?

Matthew 25:31-46 YLT

Matthew 25:31-46​

Young's Literal Translation​

31 `And whenever the Son of Man may come in his glory, and all the holy messengers with him, then he shall sit upon a throne of his glory;
32 and gathered together before him shall be all the nations, and he shall separate them from one another, as the shepherd doth separate the sheep from the goats,
33 and he shall set the sheep indeed on his right hand, and the goats on the left.
34 `Then shall the king say to those on his right hand, Come ye, the blessed of my Father, inherit the reign that hath been prepared for you from the foundation of the world;
35 for I did hunger, and ye gave me to eat; I did thirst, and ye gave me to drink; I was a stranger, and ye received me;
36 naked, and ye put around me; I was infirm, and ye looked after me; in prison I was, and ye came unto me.
37 `Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when did we see thee hungering, and we nourished? or thirsting, and we gave to drink?
38 and when did we see thee a stranger, and we received? or naked, and we put around?
39 and when did we see thee infirm, or in prison, and we came unto thee?
40 `And the king answering, shall say to them, Verily I say to you, Inasmuch as ye did [it] to one of these my brethren -- the least -- to me ye did [it].
42 for I did hunger, and ye gave me not to eat; I did thirst, and ye gave me not to drink;
43 a stranger I was, and ye did not receive me; naked, and ye put not around me; infirm, and in prison, and ye did not look after me.
44 `Then shall they answer, they also, saying, Lord, when did we see thee hungering, or thirsting, or a stranger, or naked, or infirm, or in prison, and we did not minister to thee?
45 `Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say to you, Inasmuch as ye did [it] not to one of these, the least, ye did [it] not to me.
46 And these shall go away to punishment age-during, but the righteous to life age-during.'
Matthew 25:31-46 sheep/goats is nothing more than a "Parable" spoken to "Herdsmen" of the great white throne judgement seen in Revelation 20:11-15, it's that simple

Reactions: jeffweeder

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. There is only one time when that happens:

Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled, and place was not found for them.
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is that of life. And the dead were judged out of the things written in the books according to their works.
Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and hades gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged each according to their works:
Rev 20:14 and death and hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death, even the lake of fire.
Rev 20:15 And if any one was not found written in the book of life, he was cast into the lake of fire.

Thank you.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok. So what do you make of the "age-during" statement in verse 46?
Jesus returns in fire and final judgement (The End)

1.) Righteous, Eternal Life New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem

2.) Wicked, Eternal Punishmet Lake Of Fire

Matthew 25:46KJV
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Every human body is destined to die physically. Every human body after death returns to dust of the earth. The only exception shall be those of faith who are still alive at the coming of Jesus the second time.

Genesis 3:19 (KJV) In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

Ecclesiastes 12:7 (KJV)
Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Hell in the New Testament Scriptures is translated either from the Greek word géenna - as the place of everlasting punishment, OR hell is translated from the Greek word háidēs - as the place or grave where the bodies of the physically dead go after death.

If man dies without the Holy Spirit his/her spirit returns to God without life. Because humans cannot continue to have physical life once the spirit departs the body and returns to God. There is no life after bodily death without the Spirit of Christ giving our spirit (inner man; mind) eternal life through Christ. When the Spirit sent from Christ dwells in man, He will never leave us. That's why those who die in faith go to heaven a living (spirit) soul after our body dies. But the ones who die in unbelief, without the Spirit from Christ in them, they remain in darkness and silence until the hour that is coming when all who are in the graves shall be bodily resurrected to life or damnation.

Psalm 115:17 (KJV) The dead praise not the LORD, neither any that go down into silence.

Psalm 143:3 (KJV) For the enemy hath persecuted my soul; he hath smitten my life down to the ground; he hath made me to dwell in darkness, as those that have been long dead.

John 6:63 (KJV)
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Acts 7:59 (KJV) And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

John 5:28-29 (KJV) Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

The next waking moment for those who go to the grave in unbelief will be as the parable shows. They are the dead who shall be called to stand before God at the great white throne to be judged by what is found written in the books and the book of life. Since their names are not written in the book of life they will be cast into the lake of fire that is the second death.

Revelation 20:11-15 (KJV) And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What happens in the first judgment?
The poster falsely believes Matthew 25:31-46 is a pre-judgement to enter a Millennial Kingdom on this earth, when in reality this Is a "Parable" of the great white throne judgement seen in Revelation 20:11-15

Yes dispensationalism falsely creates two separate judgements 1,000 years apart regarding the scripture mentioned above

Why? To make way for a false Millennial Kingdom on this earth, that will never take place

Jesus Is The Lord

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The poster falsely believes Matthew 25:31-46 is a pre-judgement to enter a Millennial Kingdom on this earth, when in reality this Is a "Parable" of the great white throne judgement seen in Revelation 20:11-15

Yes dispensationalism falsely creates two separate judgements 1,000 years apart regarding the scripture mentioned above

Why? To make way for a false Millennial Kingdom on this earth, that will never take place

Jesus Is The Lord

Does the GWTJ occur immediately upon Christ's return?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does the GWTJ occur immediately upon Christ's return?
Appearance, Final Judgement, Eternal Kingdom, In The Twinkling Of An Eye

2 Timothy 4:1KJV
1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

1 Corinthians 15:52KJV
52, In an moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Patrick1966

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would the goats be sent to sheol? Seems they are cast into the LOF, even before the beast and the FP are, 42 months later. The goats are living humans, whose names are removed from the Lamb's book of life by the Lamb Himself. Then they are cast alive into the LOF, they never physically die, and never placed in sheol nor the grave. They will have no resurrection out of the LOF. This judgment before the Lamb is their only judgment, not the GWT, over a thousand years later.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would the goats be sent to sheol? Seems they are cast into the LOF, even before the beast and the FP are, 42 months later. The goats are living humans, whose names are removed from the Lamb's book of life by the Lamb Himself. Then they are cast alive into the LOF, they never physically die, and never placed in sheol nor the grave. They will have no resurrection out of the LOF. This judgment before the Lamb is their only judgment, not the GWT, over a thousand years later.

Thar type of torture and anguish seems contrary to the nature of God. That sounds more like Satan.