Jesus said, you will be hated by all men for My name's sake.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke P., the believer of the Bachelorette series (edit: on television), has been touted as the one that "you love to hate."

It is written,

Jhn 15:17, These things I command you, that ye love one another.
Jhn 15:18, If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
Jhn 15:19, If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
Jhn 15:20, Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
Jhn 15:21, But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.
Jhn 15:22, If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin.
Jhn 15:23, He that hateth me hateth my Father also.
Jhn 15:24, If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.

and,

1Jo 3:11, For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
1Jo 3:12, Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.
1Jo 3:13, Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.
1Jo 3:14,We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
1Jo 3:15, Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

I think that the fact that Luke P. is hated, is indeed a proof that the words of Jesus and the apostle John are true.
Amen

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the actor who plays him really a Christian?

Since it is a reality Tv show, they don't use actors.

I have not watched this show recently - I watched it a few times with my family a few years ago. Is Luke a Christian?

I believe he is; based on the way he was hated by all of the other contestants.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The Church really started to grow when the early Christians were persecuted in Jerusalem and had to flee for their lives, taking the gospel message with them and passing it on, and passing it on etc.

We have had a long time of acceptance but things are already beginning to turn against Christians in the west. But we have Christians from other countries arriving on our shores and seeking asylum from persecution and bringing with them the gospel message.
There is the saying: 'The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the church'.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think persecution is at our doorstep. The Pastor who was held in Turkey for 2 years said he could not believe how far America had fallen in just the few years he was gone. He said he sees persecution coming.
And likely the closer we are to God the worse, as men understand worse, it will be. Will it be a good thing in the sense that it was ultimately good for you and me that Jesus suffered and then lay down his life? Painfully good? Hmmm?

Last edited:
Reactions: Philip James

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Also, in the show he spoke of how he had had an encounter with the Lord that had changed his life.
yes, i'm sure, and i know that seems to you like prolly an upstanding thing to do, yeh? And i dont blame you a bit ok, but so now we have this religious guy doing this Hollywood thing, who speaks of how he had an encounter with what he prolly even believes is the Lord, that "changed his life?" Ah man, its just better if i dont comment here ok, not tryna say i'm any better than him. But i'm sure glad i'm not him

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Also, in the show he spoke of how he had had an encounter with the Lord that had changed his life.
imagine not telling ppl stuff like that, professing to strangers, but having them come to that suspicion about you on their own. I know that maybe seems like "lacking courage" based upon our religious indoctrination, and i'm not sure how to tell a story that puts it in the right frame, jbf. Maybe in the morning.

I know that what you would call "witnessing" (but isnt witnesing at all imo) seems like a good and honorable thing to you, and it might even to him although my guess is they are all actors anyway. If some "evidence" arises on the show that say like DQs the guy or anything i would appreciate an update.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, i'm sure, and i know that seems to you like prolly an upstanding thing to do, yeh? And i dont blame you a bit ok, but so now we have this religious guy doing this Hollywood thing, who speaks of how he had an encounter with what he prolly even believes is the Lord, that "changed his life?" Ah man, its just better if i dont comment here ok, not tryna say i'm any better than him. But i'm sure glad i'm not him
This is probably the worst thing that comes to us when we think we have overcome the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eye: the pride of life is right there to snatch us up. Just consider how swollen Joseph's head could have been when after slavery and prison he was made a rule in Egypt and his own brother in fulfillment of a dream bowed down before him.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
This is probably the worst thing that comes to us when we think we have overcome the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eye: the pride of life is right there to snatch us up. Just consider how swollen Joseph's head could have been when after slavery and prison he was made a rule in Egypt and his own brother in fulfillment of a dream bowed down before him.
great point. seems like we're maybe missing an envy story where at least one of the brothers hates him even more after? hmm

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke didn't live a perfect life in the context of the show...but he did own up to the things that he did wrong while he was on the receiving end of the camera.

One of the contestants who hated him commented that he thought that there was no real repentance there...that he was only confessing his sins because his hand was caught in the cookie jar and that he didn't feel that there would be any change...

But I would say that when a believer in Christ owns up to sin and confesses it, it means that the sins that they are owning up to have even been dealt with in that believer's life....even as 1 John 1:9 states, that the Lord will forgive us of our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness, when we confess our sins.

Therefore, I believe that Luke P. is blessed; and that the process of sanctification is going to continue in his life...

whereas those on the show that didn't own up to their sins (i.e. fornication) will not be blessed; until they come to that day when they will see a blessed Luke and a cursed self and will regret the decision that they made concerning him.

They will realize then that they should have given him the benefit of the doubt over the fact that he has trouble with communication; and often he had to clarify what he meant by a statement after the fact because he didn't communicate it properly the first time.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
to me the "why" might be more important? A deceived believer will suppose one reason while the hater another pretty easily i guess. "Christ i like, Christians, not so much" iow lol
Jesus said that if you hate Christians, it is because you hated Christ first.

How can you say to the bridegroom, "I like you and want to spend time with you...but leave your bride out of the picture...her I don't like so much."

Reactions: Philip James

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
to me the "why" might be more important? A deceived believer will suppose one reason while the hater another pretty easily i guess. "Christ i like, Christians, not so much" iow lol
Aye and there is really definite difference between being known as a Christian and really being Christ-like. Of course how many can realize the difference?

"Why" is certainly more important!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
great point. seems like we're maybe missing an envy story where at least one of the brothers hates him even more after? hmm
Aye, someone was worried:

"And when Joseph's brethren saw that their father was dead, they said, Joseph will peradventure hate us, and will certainly requite us all the evil which we did unto him." Gen 50:15

Still worried more about what man might do more than what God will do...