Jesus tells us the Words Spoken by a Man in Hell for over 2000 years!!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 4:16 - And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. 1 John 4:8 - He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. 1 John 4:19 - We love him, because he first loved us.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... the Holy Spirit and the Bible
which is the Word of God. Both are necessary.
When you say, 'God is pure love and doesn't do what many think He does', what you are saying is that God isn't like how the Bible describes Him.*
Uh-huh...*I have made that clear...so what's your point.
The Bible is necessary in the mind of a Jew or Christian, right.
I dare say, not in an American Indian's, a Hindu's or a Buddhist's.
I would never limit God to reveal His intentions in one manuscript.
I am very ridiculed and attacked for that...at one time I wanted to open people to
see more...I don't anymore...it just gets 'old' and boring.
If anyone wants to believe what you do that is where they are at and that is perfect for y'all.

I mean what else can one say? You believe what you do, I do not.
How does it feel that someone does not believe as you do?

Reactions: amadeus

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why not make it your goal to seek and know TRUTH and forget the ideas and opinions of little men??===God's Word IS all Truth!!
John 17:17
Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Stranger, dear, this is the thing...I am on a Christian site....there is so much lack of respect
in rocking the boat.
We agree on so many lovely things ....that is what is respectful...I have no need to change anyone's beliefs. I really don't...unless someone is interested in what I say, why the heck say it!? Right?
It's not a care or job of mine to change people.
Anyone can easily see you are implying I'm chicken to discuss my beliefs...I can not discuss my beliefs or direct experiences with people who quote something in response that I do not believe,
to 'prove' something.
God is pure love and doesn't do what many think He does.
Oh well.
Believe what you all will, it's ok with me...I should not speak up with a diff view.

Btw, I see a pattern in your posts, also...but I will not be
placing that in front of you in some 'nana-nanana' way.
Stay as you are.

I am persuaded that you have the 'better part'...I so often regret that I answer far too quickly...you do much better. I say too openly what I believe and what I disagree with. You do much better by holding your tongue ...that way you have not as many regrets as I far too often have. ;)

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uh-huh...*I have made that clear...so what's your point.
The Bible is necessary in the mind of a Jew or Christian, right.
I dare say, not in an American Indian's, a Hindu's or a Buddhist's.
I would never limit God to reveal His intentions in one manuscript.
I am very ridiculed and attacked for that...at one time I wanted to open people to
see more...I don't anymore...it just gets 'old' and boring.
If anyone wants to believe what you do that is where they are at and that is perfect for y'all.

I mean what else can one say? You believe what you do, I do not.
How does it feel that someone does not believe as you do?

How is it limiting God for God to reveal His intentions in one Book? Don't you limit God when you say God can not be like that?

I think you deceive yourself when you say you no longer want to open people to see more than what God has revealed in the Bible. I think you want to cast doubt on the Bible as the Word of God and thereby cause doubt in the Christians faith. All the while, presenting your all inclusive pseudo-spirituality.

How does it feel, you ask, that someone rejects Jesus Christ and rejects that the Bible is the Word of God? It is not a question of 'feelings'. It is understanding and knowing that when one rejects Christ but speaks of knowing God and of spiritual encounters, then the spirit that motivates them is not of God and they are to be rejected as not of God. (2 John 9-11)

Stranger

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus tells us the Words Spoken by a Man in Hell for over 2000 years!!!

And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24 Then he cried and said, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.'
25 But Abraham said, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented.
26 And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us.'
27 Then he said, 'I beg you therefore, father, that you would send him to my father's house,
28 for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment.'
29 Abraham said to him, 'They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.'
30 And he said, 'No, father Abraham; but if one goes to them from the dead, they will repent.'
31 But he said to him, 'If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead.' " Luke 16:24-31=============and you?!!

This passage is a parable genius. Do you not know that God has already chosen who will be saved and who will not be saved from before the foundation of the world? The purpose of the wicked is so that God may demonstrate his power and wrath, which will result in the destruction of the wicked, and eventually all be reduced to ashes under the feet of the righteous. After this, the wicked serve no further purpose and will cease to exist, which is the ACTUAL reward of sin, death, not eternal torment. You've misinterpreted this passage and clearly other passages because you have no understanding of scripture. Read my study, and perhaps God will open your eyes to understand The Sleep of Death in Sheol, the Two Resurrections, and the Lake of Fire Judgment | Wisdom of God .