Jesus, The God Of The Old And New Testament

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Xanderoc

Sep 10, 2010
This is a lesson to show that the God of the Old testament is the same one who came as Christ. Some people believe that God the Father was the cruel God of the old testament, and Jesus is the loving God of the new testament. This lesson is to prove that, the God that spoke to Adam, Noah, Abraham, Issac, and Jacob, wasn't the Father, but was Jehovah also known as the savior Jesus Christ. He was the God man has dealt with from the beginning!!! May the Lord give us understanding from his word...

John 1: 1-3

[sup]1[/sup]In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

[sup]2[/sup]The same was in the beginning with God.

[sup]3[/sup]All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

So we have the Word who was God, notice all things were made by him. It also says without Him

there was nothing made that was made. Let’s go to Colossians.

Colossians 1: 15-17

[sup]15[/sup]Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

[sup]16[/sup]For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

[sup]17[/sup]And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Now we see by him were all things created, and by Him all thing consist.

Let’s look at the same thing in the Old Testament.

Psalm 95

[sup]1[/sup]O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation.

[sup]2[/sup]Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.

[sup]3[/sup]For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods.

[sup]4[/sup]In his hand are the deep places of the earth: the strength of the hills is his also.

[sup]5[/sup]The sea is his, and he made it: and his hands formed the dry land.

[sup]6[/sup]O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker.

[sup]7[/sup]For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,

[sup]8[/sup]Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness:

[sup]9[/sup]When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my work.

Now we see this Lord is the rock of our salvation.

Go to 1 Cor.10: 1-4

[sup]1[/sup]Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;

[sup]2[/sup]And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

[sup]3[/sup]And did all eat the same spiritual meat;

[sup]4[/sup]And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

Paul is writing here that the spiritual Rock that followed Israel was Christ, or the God who was to become Christ.

Look what Psalm 95:8-9 says

The temptation in the wilderness, vs 9 “they tempted me and saw my work”

What work did they see?

Let’s continue to read 1 Cor 10: 5-9

[sup]5[/sup]But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.

[sup]6[/sup]Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.

[sup]7[/sup]Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.

[sup]8[/sup]Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.

[sup]9[/sup]Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.

It’s says God was not well pleased, they were overthrown is the wilderness. Where was it written, the people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play? This was written in Exodus 32: 6, Israel committed a grievous sin against the Lord. Numbers 21: 4-6

[sup]4[/sup]And they journeyed from mount Hor by the way of the Red sea, to compass the land of Edom: and the soul of the people was much discouraged because of the way.

[sup]5[/sup]And the people spake against God, and against Moses, Wherefore have ye brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? for there is no bread, neither is there any water; and our soul loatheth this light bread.

[sup]6[/sup]And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.

So God sent the fiery serpents. Was this the father? No! this is the one who became Christ.

Lets go back to John 1: 1

[sup]1[/sup]In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Now we see two here. The Word and God. Lets go to Gen1:26

[sup]26[/sup]And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

So the question here would be who is this US and Our? Lets find out. Go to Psalm 110:1

[sup]1[/sup]The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Again we see two here.

Psalm 45:6-7

[sup]6[/sup]Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.

[sup]7[/sup]Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Once more I see two here. David said therefore God, that’s one, Jesus. Thy God, two, the Father.

So who gave Israel the Law in the Old Testament? Jesus!! That’s who.

John 1: 18

[sup]18[/sup]No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Exodus 24:9-11

[sup]9[/sup]Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel:

[sup]10[/sup]And they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness.

[sup]11[/sup]And upon the nobles of the children of Israel he laid not his hand: also they saw God, and did eat and drink.

Who was it that they saw here? The one who became Jesus!!!

John 5:37

[sup]37[/sup]And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

So here we read that no one has heard the Father’s voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

We just read in Ex 24, they saw the God of Israel!!!

Deuteronomy 4:12-13

[sup]12[/sup]And the LORD spake unto you out of the midst of the fire: ye heard the voice of the words, but saw no similitude; only ye heard a voice.

[sup]13[/sup]And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.

Alas we read here they heard the voice of God, who gave them a covenant, the Ten Commandments. Now I ask again. Was this the Father? NO!!! This was the one who became Jesus…He gave the commandments to Israel and the stranger to follow, but now, in these modern days, people want to say we don’t have to follow his Laws. That would be a fatal mistake. He meant it when He said

John 14:15

[sup]15[/sup]If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Job one

Jan 9, 2008
Western USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great article! I have often wondered why so many fail to recognize that our Lord Jesus Christ is also none other than the great Jehovah of the Old Testament.

He is the promised Messiah. It was He who gave the law. His law was given in simplicity to be a standard for society. The law was just in it's original form. The law provided a well designed pattern for society regardless of size. Only those who chose to disobey the law found it to be harsh in their estimation. To those who sustained the law it was harmless and just in their view.

It was only after Israel became a very apostate society that many man made, and complex changes were made which corrupted or made simple aspects complex. This then became burdensome and difficult to follow and obey.

Should we not take a second look at the law God gave to moses and see how it might be re-implemented during Christ's millennial reign?

Alethos

Mar 8, 2011
Melbourne Australia
Great article! I have often wondered why so many fail to recognize that our Lord Jesus Christ is also none other than the great Jehovah of the Old Testament.

He is the promised Messiah. It was He who gave the law. His law was given in simplicity to be a standard for society. The law was just in it's original form. The law provided a well designed pattern for society regardless of size. Only those who chose to disobey the law found it to be harsh in their estimation. To those who sustained the law it was harmless and just in their view.

It was only after Israel became a very apostate society that many man made, and complex changes were made which corrupted or made simple aspects complex. This then became burdensome and difficult to follow and obey.

Should we not take a second look at the law God gave to moses and see how it might be re-implemented during Christ's millennial reign?

Unfortunately this is one of the great lies and if only people looked a little deeper into the Scriptures they would see is isnt so.

Alethos

th1b.taylor

Dec 4, 2010
SE Texas
Unfortunately this is one of the great lies and if only people looked a little deeper into the Scriptures they would see is isnt so.

Alethos

I notice that your screen name is Truth but you turn around and make an open ended accusation and support it not with scripture. The truth, not you, has been presented here and scripture, in context, has been given in support of the thesis, what is wrong?

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
THE LAW was filled with commands for execution of violators. Do you really think that's how it will be?

Alethos

Mar 8, 2011
Melbourne Australia
I notice that your screen name is Truth but you turn around and make an open ended accusation and support it not with scripture. The truth, not you, has been presented here and scripture, in context, has been given in support of the thesis, what is wrong?

This is a lesson to show that the God of the Old testament is the same one who came as Christ.

If you would intreat me with a couple of verses which you think support the above opening statement.

Alethos

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Jesus is indeed God! And God is just, good, loving and the same forever.
It was a good post Xander, but I am wary of your belief that the Trinity is a 'pagan' idea.
I don't want to get into it with you again, I know that you will not change your mind, but I very much hope your OP wasn't a segue from "Jesus is God" to "there is no Trinity".

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sooner or later, study the Angel of the Lord, Commander of the Lord's Army, Melchizedek, etc. and you'll figure out who He is! I have zero doubt Jesus stood in the fire with Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego.