Jesus wants personal relationship with us.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is Godly Love for us.... I always go to the Hymn regarding this by Charles Wesley, One of my all time favorites...

1. And can it be that I should gain
    An int’rest in the Savior’s blood?
    Died He for me, who caused His pain—
    For me, who Him to death pursued?
    Amazing love! How can it be,
    That Thou, my God, shouldst die for me?
    • Refrain:
  2. ’Tis myst’ry all: th’ Immortal dies:
    Who can explore His strange design?
    In vain the firstborn seraph tries
    To sound the depths of love divine.
    ’Tis mercy all! Let earth adore,
    Let angel minds inquire no more.
  3. He left His Father’s throne above—
    So free, so infinite His grace—
    Emptied Himself of all but love,
    And bled for Adam’s helpless race:
    ’Tis mercy all, immense and free,
    For, O my God, it found out me!
  4. Long my imprisoned spirit lay,
    Fast bound in sin and nature’s night;
    Thine eye diffused a quick’ning ray—
    I woke, the dungeon flamed with light;
    My chains fell off, my heart was free,
    I rose, went forth, and followed Thee.
  5. No condemnation now I dread;
    Jesus, and all in Him, is mine;
    Alive in Him, my living Head,
    And clothed in righteousness divine,
    Bold I approach th’ eternal throne,
    And claim the crown, through Christ my own.
And Can It Be? > Lyrics | Charles Wesley (timelesstruths.org)

What a beautiful song and the lyrics really hit home...in a good way :) Thanks for sharing David.

Reactions: marks and David H.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i know a man who agreed to pray for a blind woman but then found out she had no eyes just empty eye sockets. He prayed for her and when she opened her eyelids again they were there - she was miraculously given eyes.

People who laugh and don't or won't believe miracles are happening today do not know the real Living God who does not change.

padre pio in Italy prayer for a woman with no pupils to see and she was cured and could see perfectly but still has no pupils!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
padre pio in Italy prayer for a woman with no pupils to see and she was cured and could see perfectly but still has no pupils!

You see, miracles happen in all the Places where the LORD makes his presence known, whether Protestant or Catholic, Why keep fighting over which church is right, and start rejoicing that God has made his presence known in many Churches, around the world. Christianity is all about the sheep and not the buildings of men....

Reactions: Nancy and Angelina

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is Godly Love for us.... I always go to the Hymn regarding this by Charles Wesley, One of my all time favorites...

1. And can it be that I should gain
    An int’rest in the Savior’s blood?
    Died He for me, who caused His pain—
    For me, who Him to death pursued?
    • Refrain:
  2. ’Tis myst’ry all: th’ Immortal dies:
    Who can explore His strange design?
    In vain the firstborn seraph tries
    To sound the depths of love divine.
    ’Tis mercy all! Let earth adore,
    Let angel minds inquire no more.
  3. He left His Father’s throne above—
    So free, so infinite His grace—
    Emptied Himself of all but love,
    And bled for Adam’s helpless race:
    ’Tis mercy all, immense and free,
    For, O my God, it found out me!
  4. Long my imprisoned spirit lay,
    Fast bound in sin and nature’s night;
    Thine eye diffused a quick’ning ray—
    I woke, the dungeon flamed with light;
    My chains fell off, my heart was free,
    I rose, went forth, and followed Thee.
  5. No condemnation now I dread;
    Jesus, and all in Him, is mine;
    Alive in Him, my living Head,
    And clothed in righteousness divine,
    Bold I approach th’ eternal throne,
    And claim the crown, through Christ my own.
And Can It Be? > Lyrics | Charles Wesley (timelesstruths.org)

One of my favorites also! I love the old hymns!

Much love!

Reactions: David H.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Peter's writings speak now too as do all the scriptures.... But certain books jump out to this generation, obviously Revelation with its prophecy, and You know what I believe regarding Ephesians and it view of church and the end time unity of the Spirit, and 1 Peter and 2 Peter which deal with the suffering (fiery trial) and end time deceptions we will face, But John deals most with the deity and humanity of Christ and testing the spirits in this time of pluralism and deceiving spirits and fallen angels at work and deceiving people more than ever before. Not only that he delves more into truth than any other, which speaks in this time of relativism and post modernism.... I Honestly think he visited this day and age (supernaturally translated) to our century as he received his visions in Revelation.... He wrote what he saw. I Also believe he will be one of the two witnesses of the end times because of Revelation 10:11, which is followed by Revelation 11:1.... remember there are no chapter and verse delineations in the original Greek texts.
Yes, I do know what you think, and I think you know what I think also, it's about taking all those things that God gives and does for us and living it now in love serving each other.

:)

Much love!

Reactions: David H.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thinking about this . . .

I do believe that Jesus intends a personal relationship with each of us. I believe that Jesus reveals Himself to us, through us. That as we do those things that are godly, that as we live trusting Him and loving others, that the Holy Spirit fills our lives with His fruit. As we experience the Spirit's fruit in our lives, we see what it looks like to live like Jesus, and we see what Jesus is like, as we are living like Him.

I think this is the meaning of 2 Corinthians 3:18, and we, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into that same image, out of glory, into glory, as by the Spirit of the Lord.

We see Him reflected in us, and that changes us to become like that reflection. To become that reflection.

This being so . . .

Jesus intends to have personal relationship with us, and I intend to have personal relationship with those whom are His. At least that's my desire.

Much love!

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord in his infinite mercy sent me and gave me a calling and he sends each of us who are his out with a calling. It is Part of a relationship with him.... we are all called to feed His sheep. Not just a priestly class.

So send I you to labour unrewarded
To serve unpaid, unloved, unsought, unknown
To bear rebuke, to suffer scorn and scoffing
So send I you to toil for Me alone

So send I you to bind the bruised and broken
Over wandering souls to work, to weep, to wake
To bear the burdens of a world a-weary
So send I you to suffer for My sake

So send I you to loneliness and longing
With hart a-hungering for the loved and known
Forsaking kin and kindred, friend and dear one
So send I you to know My love alone

So send I you to leave your life's ambition
To die to dear desire, self-will resign
To labour long, and love where men revile you
So send I you to lose you life in Mine

So send I you to hearts made hard by hatred
To eyes made blind because they will not see
To spend, though it be blood to spend and spare not
So send I you to taste of Calvary

"As the Father hath sent me, so send I you"

So Send I You (hymnlyrics.org)

do you have the ministry of reconciliation?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You see, miracles happen in all the Places where the LORD makes his presence known, whether Protestant or Catholic, Why keep fighting over which church is right, and start rejoicing that God has made his presence known in many Churches, around the world. Christianity is all about the sheep and not the buildings of men....

cos Christ founded a church to teach and sanctify all men!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
do you have the ministry of reconciliation?

Yes, I preach the Blood of the cross to those who will listen, reconciling them to Christ through the cross. All believers are committed to the word of reconciliation.

cos Christ founded a church to teach and sanctify all men!

Yes, the church of the saints. The Church Jesus is building, not the one men construct of material things.

Reactions: Nancy

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I preach the Blood of the cross to those who will listen, reconciling them to Christ through the cross. All believers are committed to the word of reconciliation.

believers are not Christians
Not united to Christ
Faith alone avails nothing 1 cor 13:2
Must be born again (baptismal regeneration) by faith and water baptism

I asked about the ministry of reconciliation!
Do you have the power to forgive sin?

Yes, the church of the saints. The Church Jesus is building, not the one men construct of material things.

is this church physical and visible?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Accept Christ as your personal Lord and savior? Where is that verse in scripture?

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
is this church physical and visible?

Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence. John 18:36

The true church is in the hearts of men.

"I asked about the ministry of reconciliation!
Do you have the power to forgive sin?"

God with us (Emannuel) has the power to forgive sins, without Christ Jesus I can do nothing. Christ in me allows me to apply the Blood over the mercy seat of forgiveness, just like the Levitical priests did as a reconciliation for the sins of the people... do you understand this? We who have the Holy Ghost, all of us, are a royal priesthood. Those who have a personal relationship with Jesus....

Accept Christ as your personal Lord and savior? Where is that verse in scripture?

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Matthew 7:22-23

How do you know Him without a personal relationship with him?.... Emmanuel, God with us.

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Face to floor when thinking of His greatness. Cannot imagine how He could love us so much to stoop so very low. But, still and all, I'm glad He did.

We are his creation. I am appreciative of God picking me back up when I fall or be casted down. The more I go on in my walk with Christ, the more I know how it hurts to depart from his presence.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are his creation. I am appreciative of God picking me back up when I fall or be casted down. The more I go on in my walk with Christ, the more I know how it hurts to depart from his presence.

"The more I go on in my walk with Christ, the more I know how it hurts to depart from his presence."
For sure. It's like when Peter said to Jesus " “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life."
We can't un-know Truth and, the world loses more and more of it's pull the more we walk with Him. If I thought He did not love me, it would be most devastating!

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
"The more I go on in my walk with Christ, the more I know how it hurts to depart from his presence."
For sure. It's like when Peter said to Jesus " “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life."
We can't un-know Truth and, the world loses more and more of it's pull the more we walk with Him. If I thought He did not love me, it would be most devastating!
Me too. A while back one of the threads was talking about God's love for us, so I asked Him to show me how much he loved me. The reply was, "You couldn't bear it". Awsome.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Me too. A while back one of the threads was talking about God's love for us, so I asked Him to show me how much he loved me. The reply was, "You couldn't bear it". Awsome.
Ha! Great answer. I STILL ask that question but already know the answer, God IS Love :)

Reactions: Pearl

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ha! Great answer. I STILL ask that question but already know the answer, God IS Love :)
GOD IS LOVE . but what if the love we are being sold is of the world and not of GOD .
Many churches are being sold a love that is not of GOD , its false , its sensual . THEY
are recreating both a love and a god that is unbiblical . I KNOW GOD IS LOVE
but the last time i checked LOVE WARNS Folks in error it dont just leave them in error and embrace said error .

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
A personal relationship with God is the only kind of relationship man can possibly have [who are born of the Spirit] and it's the best kind that any believer can ask for. Sanctification is an individual walk with God as the Holy Spirit guides us and reminds us of God's word, written in our hearts. The noise of the old man is drowned out as the new man grows more like God on a daily basis. :Amen:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Read this today@

"Experiencing a personal relationship with Christ fills us "to the measure of all the fulness of God" - Ephesians 3:19. It is not just an intellectual acceptance of certain truths or simply a change of lifestyle; it is a relationship with a person who can be truly known. We might sense Him leading us, comforting us, sometimes challenging us and often beckoning us to come closer. Different people may experience Him in different ways, but we can all grow to know Him, hear Him and love Him more over time."

Reactions: Pathfinder7

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A personal relationship with God is the only kind of relationship man can possibly have [who are born of the Spirit] and it's the best kind that any believer can ask for. Sanctification is an individual walk with God as the Holy Spirit guides us and reminds us of God's word, written in our hearts. The noise of the old man is drowned out as the new man grows more like God on a daily basis. :Amen:

sanctification is by the grace of God merited by Christ in his passion and death and applies to us by prayer, fasting, alms, sacrifice/suffering, the practice of virtue and the seven sacraments