Jesus wants personal relationship with us.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is another place John relates our fellowship with God to our fellowship with each other, in personal relationship.

I think John speaks to this generation more than any of the other apostles. Revelation 10:11

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think John speaks to this generation more than any of the other apostles. Revelation 10:11
That's interesting to think about.

I've personally felt like Peter's letters have especially spoken to me in his words about suffering.

John's writing is so much about communing in light and not darkness, it reminds me of Hebrews where it says to not forsake assembling together, especially as the day approaches. John of course also wrote much of love, and we so much need the assurance of God's love to carry us through these troubling times.

Much love!

Reactions: Pisteuo and Pearl

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
yes Christ is apostle sent by the father

Sent by the living God, who is the Father.

but only the apostles have authority from Christ to send other apostles

Christ himself does the sending.

I think we’re drifting beyond the scope of the OP so I won’t make any further comment about it in this thread.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus wants a personal relationship with us
OP ^

Amen @Pearl !!

How much more personal can one be than to occupy the risen eternally living body of Jesus the Christ.

Is “IN” Christ Jesus, a mystery to anyone?

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Pearl

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sent by the living God, who is the Father.

Christ himself does the sending.

I think we’re drifting beyond the scope of the OP so I won’t make any further comment about it in this thread.

Authority of the Apostles!

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission!

Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

John 17:18
As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well until Christ returns in glory!

apostle means one who is sent!

Therefore the apostles have authority to send more apostles or successors!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
He says we are his brothers and sisters - we are joint heirs. His Father is our Father if we are born again. You can't get much more personal that that.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He says we are his brothers and sisters - we are joint heirs. His Father is our Father if we are born again. You can't get much more personal that that.

If we’re born again! How do we get born again? Can we do that for ourselves?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

jude 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Wonderful.
i know a man who agreed to pray for a blind woman but then found out she had no eyes just empty eye sockets. He prayed for her and when she opened her eyelids again they were there - she was miraculously given eyes.

People who laugh and don't or won't believe miracles are happening today do not know the real Living God who does not change.

Reactions: Lambano

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
He is relational for sure. We are individuals after all with different likes and dislikes, personalities and such so, why would He treat us like clones?
If we could only grasp what it means for the Eternal God to condescend and become a man, walk among us so that we could see the stuff he's made of; highlighted in him allowing us to murder him, we would weep more than we prattle.

Reactions: David H. and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we could only grasp what it means for the Eternal God to condescend and become a man, walk among us so that we could see the stuff he's made of; highlighted in him allowing us to murder him, we would weep more than we prattle.

Face to floor when thinking of His greatness. Cannot imagine how He could love us so much to stoop so very low. But, still and all, I'm glad He did.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Face to floor when thinking of His greatness. Cannot imagine how He could love us so much to stoop so very low. But, still and all, I'm glad He did.

That is Godly Love for us.... I always go to the Hymn regarding this by Charles Wesley, One of my all time favorites...

1. And can it be that I should gain
    An int’rest in the Savior’s blood?
    Died He for me, who caused His pain—
    For me, who Him to death pursued?
    Amazing love! How can it be,
    That Thou, my God, shouldst die for me?
    • Refrain:
      Amazing love! How can it be,
      That Thou, my God, shouldst die for me?
  2. ’Tis myst’ry all: th’ Immortal dies:
    Who can explore His strange design?
    In vain the firstborn seraph tries
    To sound the depths of love divine.
    ’Tis mercy all! Let earth adore,
    Let angel minds inquire no more.
  3. He left His Father’s throne above—
    So free, so infinite His grace—
    Emptied Himself of all but love,
    And bled for Adam’s helpless race:
    ’Tis mercy all, immense and free,
    For, O my God, it found out me!
  4. Long my imprisoned spirit lay,
    Fast bound in sin and nature’s night;
    Thine eye diffused a quick’ning ray—
    I woke, the dungeon flamed with light;
    My chains fell off, my heart was free,
    I rose, went forth, and followed Thee.
  5. No condemnation now I dread;
    Jesus, and all in Him, is mine;
    Alive in Him, my living Head,
    And clothed in righteousness divine,
    Bold I approach th’ eternal throne,
    And claim the crown, through Christ my own.
And Can It Be? > Lyrics | Charles Wesley (timelesstruths.org)

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only apostles have authority from christ

The Lord in his infinite mercy sent me and gave me a calling and he sends each of us who are his out with a calling. It is Part of a relationship with him.... we are all called to feed His sheep. Not just a priestly class.

So send I you to labour unrewarded
To serve unpaid, unloved, unsought, unknown
To bear rebuke, to suffer scorn and scoffing
So send I you to toil for Me alone

So send I you to bind the bruised and broken
Over wandering souls to work, to weep, to wake
To bear the burdens of a world a-weary
So send I you to suffer for My sake

So send I you to loneliness and longing
With hart a-hungering for the loved and known
Forsaking kin and kindred, friend and dear one
So send I you to know My love alone

So send I you to leave your life's ambition
To die to dear desire, self-will resign
To labour long, and love where men revile you
So send I you to lose you life in Mine

So send I you to hearts made hard by hatred
To eyes made blind because they will not see
To spend, though it be blood to spend and spare not
So send I you to taste of Calvary

"As the Father hath sent me, so send I you"

So Send I You (hymnlyrics.org)

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's interesting to think about.

I've personally felt like Peter's letters have especially spoken to me in his words about suffering.

John's writing is so much about communing in light and not darkness, it reminds me of Hebrews where it says to not forsake assembling together, especially as the day approaches. John of course also wrote much of love, and we so much need the assurance of God's love to carry us through these troubling times.

Yes, Peter's writings speak now too as do all the scriptures.... But certain books jump out to this generation, obviously Revelation with its prophecy, and You know what I believe regarding Ephesians and it view of church and the end time unity of the Spirit, and 1 Peter and 2 Peter which deal with the suffering (fiery trial) and end time deceptions we will face, But John deals most with the deity and humanity of Christ and testing the spirits in this time of pluralism and deceiving spirits and fallen angels at work and deceiving people more than ever before. Not only that he delves more into truth than any other, which speaks in this time of relativism and post modernism.... I Honestly think he visited this day and age (supernaturally translated) to our century as he received his visions in Revelation.... He wrote what he saw. I Also believe he will be one of the two witnesses of the end times because of Revelation 10:11, which is followed by Revelation 11:1.... remember there are no chapter and verse delineations in the original Greek texts.

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Having that relationship with God means life. I went in for a treatment yesterday and was feeling particularly loved by Him. I was texting my son afterward and received this:

"I can’t effectively be a son to you if I didn’t love Him. I couldn’t effectively be a husband or a dad or even a friend to anybody unless He first loved me. And fathers me in His goodness. I appreciate Him So much. I appreciate Him for you. And how much He loves you. I’ll just be sitting on prayer hill asking Him who to pray for and who to love on in prayer. And He just pours out of me. Loving you in prayer. Filling you with His heart. It’s so His will and desire to live in you. And love you so much. It’s a great life knowing Him. It’s great to know how much He loves us. He’s really our best friend. He brings the best out in us. Oh that we would never leave it for a moment. That we would never become slothful again. But that our hearts long for Him day in and day out. Oh that we know Him more. That the flame only burns hotter and hotter within us. That the desires of our heart become more and more like the desires of His. It’s truly a gift to see it unfold. It’s truly amazing to see much He fathers us in all things. Because He wants too. Not because of our works. Not because we decided today to seek Him. The fact that we’re able to seek Him is His fault. He’s drawing us first. My heart becomes like butter put to the flame. I feel His presence so strongly on that. What a great day. What a great life. And to be able and share it with you everyday just makes it so much better. I love you so much dad. Thanks for encouraging me. Thanks for loving me. Thanks for being a son. Thanks for making it easy for Him to love you."

He is all about that relationship. It is such a gift to watch that relationship grow.