Jesus Wept

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thursday 12-31-20 Tevet 15, 5781 5th. day of the weekly cycle,
11th. Winter Day

John 11:35 35Jesus wept.

Luke 19:41-44 41As he approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it 42and said, "If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace-but now it is hidden from your eyes. 43The days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment against you and encircle you and hem you in on every side. 44They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God's coming to you."

Luke 19 KJV (biblehub.com)

OIP.75JAZwT3B_B_1qaqacPJYgHaFo

Love always, Walter and Debbie

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen, we have the same emotions as God because we got them from him, because he is our Father. and he, God the Father "repented" so do we. but the best thing I Love about our Lord's weeping is his LOVE for us. I wonder why we don't have that same sacrificial Love as he... some do. I thank God that he have compassion on us. I just Hope that I stay on his GOOD side, and all the rest of us... (smile).

God is GREAT.

thanks for the post and the reminder....

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think perhaps Jesus weeps over His Church today as He sees it being destroyed by people making up their own doctrines and dismissing His teaching to walk their own paths. Lord help us.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think perhaps Jesus weeps over His Church today as He sees it being destroyed by people making up their own doctrines and dismissing His teaching to walk their own paths. Lord help us.
AMEN, well the majority might not be right, Matthew 7:12 "Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets."
Matthew 7:13 "Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:"
Matthew 7:14 "Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." (ONLY A FEW)

a "FEW" good men and women find it. but warning, Mark 16:15 "And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."
Mark 16:16 "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."
Mark 16:17 "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;"

Mybe this is why he is weeping, because they of the stiffneck, and hardhearts, cannot believe a "NEW TONGUE". not another tongue, or an UNKNOWN tongue, but the "NEW TONGUE". Just as the Lord Jesus experence, "WHAT DOCTRINE" do he speak. just as today what DOCTRINE DO WE SPEAK?

PICJAG

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And we, are we weeping also as we are, or are becoming, like him? And again why is it that He, or we, might weep?

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!" Matt 23:37

Are there any today who he would gather together if they would? So again... Jesus wept... and we weep!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amadeus, this just keep me coming to Micah 6:8 "He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?" this verse just stay in my head and heart.

that MERCY of his, as our sister @Nancy ask I forgot to respond, his mercy is shown by his LOVE for us in giving us time, scripture, 2 Peter 3:9 "The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

some want the Lord to come now, but I thank God he's taking his time, (patience with us), boy oh boy God's GRACE is merciful.

PICJAG

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen, we have the same emotions as God because we got them from him, because he is our Father. and he, God the Father "repented" so do we. but the best thing I Love about our Lord's weeping is his LOVE for us. I wonder why we don't have that same sacrificial Love as he... some do. I thank God that he have compassion on us. I just Hope that I stay on his GOOD side, and all the rest of us... (smile).

God is GREAT.

PICJAG

Love that we have the same emotions as God! Hate that Satan has skewed our emotions to be all over the place, and to dictate our choices, or lack thereof! Cannot say that my emotions have EVER been balanced perfectly...sometimes can cry just for nothing at all...and, that's weird, how many worldly relationships, or courtships are run on emotion? Anger? Hmmm....can't say as I believe there's a person out there who has NOT let the sun go down while still angry at someone..."Be angry and sin not"...happiness? Yeah, when we were part of the world doing what the world does...was any happiness lasting and full? Had a great date night coming up and, all excited only to find that the date was not someone for you or the other way around. Plan for a family vacation to the ocean? Oh the FUN we'll have, so you plan out each day...this day going to do the town and check out the buildings and such...then it rains all week, every single day...but just the same, you planned it all out. Our expectations never seem to be fulfilled. Even C.S. Lewis thought that human expectations were too little!

"“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Weight of Glory, and Other Addresses

He's right! The only place to be fulfilled perfectly is at His right Hand:

Psalm 16:11
"Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."

So, too many are far to pleased with the little sips of water they get through their hands, trying to get filled with tiny sips as it all falls through our fingers....futile. Drinking and drugging to fill a whole that has only one shape, and it's not the things of the world.

"Psalm 23:5
"You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows."

David's cup is overflowing, no leaks there!! So, when we get low, let God top off your cup.

0fda43bfaf667284929c494ed544cd9b.jpg

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love that we have the same emotions as God! Hate that Satan has skewed our emotions to be all over the place, and to dictate our choices, or lack thereof! Cannot say that my emotions have EVER been balanced perfectly...sometimes can cry just for nothing at all...and, that's weird, how many worldly relationships, or courtships are run on emotion? Anger? Hmmm....can't say as I believe there's a person out there who has NOT let the sun go down while still angry at someone..."Be angry and sin not"...happiness? Yeah, when we were part of the world doing what the world does...was any happiness lasting and full? Had a great date night coming up and, all excited only to find that the date was not someone for you or the other way around. Plan for a family vacation to the ocean? Oh the FUN we'll have, so you plan out each day...this day going to do the town and check out the buildings and such...then it rains all week, every single day...but just the same, you planned it all out. Our expectations never seem to be fulfilled. Even C.S. Lewis thought that human expectations were too little!

"“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Weight of Glory, and Other Addresses

He's right! The only place to be fulfilled perfectly is at His right Hand:

Psalm 16:11
"Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."

So, too many are far to pleased with the little sips of water they get through their hands, trying to get filled with tiny sips as it all falls through our fingers....futile. Drinking and drugging to fill a whole that has only one shape, and it's not the things of the world.

"Psalm 23:5
"You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows."

David's cup is overflowing, no leaks there!! So, when we get low, let God top off your cup.

0fda43bfaf667284929c494ed544cd9b.jpg
Thanks for the reply, WELL SAID, consider this, this world, (a CREATION of our Father), was ment to be enjoyed. and I agree with you on the planning. but "ALL THINGS" ARE OURS". it's the way we plan that we will get the enjoyment out of it, as said, 1 Corinthians 3:21 "Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;" 1 Corinthians 3:22 "Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours;"1 Corinthians 3:23 "And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's."

now here's the play maker, or to put it all in perspective, Matthew 6:33 "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." BINGO, just put God First, and what will happen?... "and all these things shall be added unto you".

years ago, God gave me the revelation to that verse. notice it said, "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness" but Notice what it did not say? ... "Seek ONLY ... the kingdom, and his righteousness". see Nancy, my name is Jimmy... so gimme, gimme, gimme. (smile)...lol. but it's true, God has and is blessing us abundantly, for his treasure has no limit. but as kings and priests of our Father, we're to be good stewards, and has the responsibility to act as he would. it's a Joy to act like your Father in All things.

so planning IN, IN, IN, Christ is a breeze for me. I have Joy when I'm at work doing my Father's business, and Joy when I'm on my downtime, or planned off days, or vacations, in the Lord. It's GREAT being in the Father's Joy.... I have notice that this word "JOY" just keep coming up. this must be international "JOY DAY" or something, if not, it is now, why and how can 101G do this.... because I'm the child of the KING, and I can ACT like him.
so December 31st, will be JOY Day in the Lord.... (smile), because the Lord is about to let us see another NEW YEAR.... aint God Good , and it's Goooooood to be his sons. amen.

PICJAG

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply, WELL SAID, consider this, this world, (a CREATION of our Father), was ment to be enjoyed. and I agree with you on the planning. but "ALL THINGS" ARE OURS". it's the way we plan that we will get the enjoyment out of it, as said, 1 Corinthians 3:21 "Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;" 1 Corinthians 3:22 "Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours;"1 Corinthians 3:23 "And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's."

now here's the play maker, or to put it all in perspective, Matthew 6:33 "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." BINGO, just put God First, and what will happen?... "and all these things shall be added unto you".

years ago, God gave me the revelation to that verse. notice it said, "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness" but Notice what it did not say? ... "Seek ONLY ... the kingdom, and his righteousness". see Nancy, my name is Jimmy... so gimme, gimme, gimme. (smile)...lol. but it's true, God has and is blessing us abundantly, for his treasure has no limit. but as kings and priests of our Father, we're to be good stewards, and has the responsibility to act as he would. it's a Joy to act like your Father in All things.

so planning IN, IN, IN, Christ is a breeze for me. I have Joy when I'm at work doing my Father's business, and Joy when I'm on my downtime, or planned off days, or vacations, in the Lord. It's GREAT being in the Father's Joy.... I have notice that this word "JOY" just keep coming up. this must be international "JOY DAY" or something, if not, it is now, why and how can 101G do this.... because I'm the child of the KING, and I can ACT like him.
so December 31st, will be JOY Day in the Lord.... (smile), because the Lord is about to let us see another NEW YEAR.... aint God Good , and it's Goooooood to be his sons. amen.

PICJAG

"it's the way we plan that we will get the enjoyment out of it"

" Matthew 6:33 "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

"Bingo indeed!!"

Also, being a good steward is HUGE! He has taught me this even just over the last 10 or so years. I prayed for that very thing, and I'm now able to bless many others and never am in need...our prayers are always answered :)

"my name is Jimmy..." Is it really??

"This is the day the Lord has Made, let us rejoice...."! So, yes indeed...no matter where we are, His joy is always present and we are to be content in any and all situations as, our situations change all the time but, God doesn't, and I LOVE that reality.

Happy New Year of Joy!
nancy

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Happy new year to you too, and all here on the board.

and No, Jimmy is not my real name.. it's just a saying..... (smile)... lol.

hey you be safe going into the NEW YEAR, and keep our brother and sister, amadeus and helen, and any others in need of Prayer, keep them prayed up, ok, for I'm praying for all of us.

PICJAG

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God is GREAT.

PICJAG
Amen! great post, thanks, :):)

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen! great post, thanks, :):)
In the Name of the Lord Jesus you're welcome. and thak you in the Lord for the topic, because we see God from our eyes as untouchable, (as we use to think), but we're his Children, and we need to learn more about his emotions. yes we know that he gets angry, (and rightfully so), and jealous, but we really don't zero in on his kind heart, and his mercy and his GRACE, (which some take for granted).

I hope you comment on some of those, for that would be a many great discussion to talk about the GOODness of God.

again Thanks,

PICJAG

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the Name of the Lord Jesus you're welcome. and thak you in the Lord for the topic, because we see God from our eyes as untouchable, (as we use to think), but we're his Children, and we need to learn more about his emotions. yes we know that he gets angry, (and rightfully so), and jealous, but we really don't zero in on his kind heart, and his mercy and his GRACE, (which some take for granted).

I hope you comment on some of those, for that would be a many great discussion to talk about the GOODness of God.

again Thanks,

PICJAG
Amen, I remember when the Lord said in JOHN Thirteen:34 "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another."

To me He was showing a great deal of compassion, what do you think ?

Love, Walter

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen, I remember when the Lord said in JOHN 13:34 "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another."

To me He was showing a great deal of compassion, what do you think ?

Love, Walter
Thanks for the reply, yes, God is a God of his Word. and he set the Standard. for he LOVED us first. and he has not stop loving us. even when we sinned, in disobedience, (we acted a Jack with 11 tails), that compassionate LOVE of his toward us was shown, in his Death for us, the death of the cross, the giving of his natural life in flesh. John 15:13 "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
how "GREATER" love can one show? what you think.

PICJAG

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Happy new year to you too, and all here on the board.

and No, Jimmy is not my real name.. it's just a saying..... (smile)... lol.

hey you be safe going into the NEW YEAR, and keep our brother and sister, amadeus and helen, and any others in need of Prayer, keep them prayed up, ok, for I'm praying for all of us.

PICJAG

Oh yes, of course I am keeping them always lifted for His touch. As, well as the board in general...this is my family and I love you all. Might not "like" some, lol...but I wouldn't leave them dying in a ditch, or, let them go hungry or without if I can help it! Just no warm and fuzzies, lol. Happy New Year brother.

Reactions: amadeus

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply, yes, God is a God of his Word. and he set the Standard. for he LOVED us first. and he has not stop loving us. even when we sinned, in disobedience, (we acted a Jack with 11 tails), that compassionate LOVE of his toward us was shown, in his Death for us, the death of the cross, the giving of his natural life in flesh. John 15:13 "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
how "GREATER" love can one show? what you think.

PICJAG
You are correct no Greater Love than what He showed towards us, even when people do us wrong, I think we are not to do the same thing to them of their doings, I think that we should love our enemies in a way that is pleasing in His sight.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Might not "like" some, lol...but I wouldn't leave them dying in a ditch, or, let them go hungry or without if I can help it!

first thanks for the reply... second, (smile).... Nancy, Nancy, Nancy..... ok, ... :D YIKES!

PICJAG

Reactions: Nancy

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are correct no Greater Love than what He showed towards us, even when people do us wrong, I think we are not to do the same thing to them of their doings, I think that we should love our enemies in a way that is pleasing in His sight.
amen, for the scripture are correct, love ye one another goes beyond just family, but to the whole world. scripture, Matthew 5:45 "That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust."

if his child we got to act like him. just as Nacy said, Might not like you, (smile, lol), but will feed and help you.

PICJAG

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply... second, (smile).... Nancy, Nancy, Nancy..... ok, ... :D YIKES!

PICJAG
Ah, no "Yiking" needed...! I like you? :D