Jews=God's chosen special people!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Those that curse the Jewish people are cursed by God =not a good place to be!!!
Actually, those that curse anyone are cursed by God.

God's not a respecter of persons, neither is His judgment.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I merely quoted the Lord Yahshua Himself, those are His words. He "is" not a Jew, so how's your logic going to work here "GISMYS_7?"

God manifest in the flesh cursed Israel, what are you thinking here anyway?
Cursed them? He prophesied their coming punishment. He also prophesied their coming faith, You shall not see me again until you say Blessed is He Who comes in the Name of the Lord.

Luke 19:41-44 KJV
41) And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it,
42) Saying, If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things which belong unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes.
43) For the days shall come upon thee, that thine enemies shall cast a trench about thee, and compass thee round, and keep thee in on every side,
44) And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.

Jesus cried over Jerusalem, and what He knew was coming, but He also assured their return to faith.

Much love!

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 2 God did not reject his people,d whom he foreknew.e Don’t you know what Scripture says in the passage about Elijah—how he appealed to God against Israel: 3 “Lord, they have killed your prophets and torn down your altars; I am the only one left, and they are trying to kill me”a?f 4 And what was God’s answer to him? “I have reserved for myself seven thousand who have not bowed the knee to Baal.”b g 5 So too, at the present time there is a remnanth chosen by grace.i

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 11:25 I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in, 26 and in this way[e] all Israel will be saved. As it is written:

“The deliverer will come from Zion;
he will turn godlessness away from Jacob.
27 And this is[f] my covenant with them
when I take away their sins.”

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
This is sophistry. The OT Jews were God's chosen people.
True. But not all, since not all believed nor obeyed the Lord God of Israel, but cast aside His law in their works.

Jesus was a Jew, as were all His disciples and all the Prophets,
True. And His 12 chosen apostles, including Paul after Judas fell by transgression.

so saying that Jews don't believe that Jesus was/is the Messiah is nonsense.

Which is what Romans 11 is all about. After the cross the Jews were the first to repent and believer His resurrection, and be grafted in again to His holy green olive tree.
And I am a Jew, and I know (not believe) that Jesus is the Messiah.

Congratulations brother! On being a believer in Jesus. Not in being a Jew, since Jesus could care less. Nor me. Except of course on some cultural level.
Jesus, when He was on earth as a human, was distinct from God, the Father. Otherwise He would be praying to Himself, which is absurd.
True. The Son was the true God on earth in the flesh, while the Father was the only true God in heaven on the throne.

You need to read Romans 11 to understand the truth about God's chosen people.
We can read any of the NT after the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, and understand the truth about God's chosen people in Christ Jesus.

Romans 11 is in answer to new Christians from among the nations, that believed no Jews could ever be saved, or as you said earlier, repent and believe unto salvation.

The early Christian converts, as with many today from among the nations, rightly held the Jews most responsible for Jesus' crucifixion. However, their prejudice to think they have all become reprobates from God, is of course false. It's false because it denies the NT gospel and doctrine of Christ, that no man is now accepted nor rejected by God through any kind of natural birth.

One of the reason many Jews of Jesus day, and today, hate Him so much is for declaring that with His coming, and then His death, there is no profit with God by natural seed and birth.

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. (John 6)

They first despised the Baptist for saying much the same thing, about how God can raise up a bunch of rocks to be children of Abraham after the flesh.

In any case, Paul is reminding the new Christians that, as you say, the first repenters and believers were Jews, as well as the first chosen apostles of Jesus Christ.

Any soul can now repent of sinning and obey Jesus the Lord, and so be grafted into His green and holy olive tree of the house of Israel and Judah. First were the Jews by regrafting and then the nations by grafting for the first time. Although the foreshadowing of it to the nations was begun with such converts as Rahab and Ruth.

The green and holy olive tree and tabernacle of David, is now of course the body of Christ, that is now being built by Him from the foundation laid by His apostles.

After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up: That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things. (Acts 15)

Now, if you want to talk about a special promise of prophecy remaining for the natural Jews of the seed and stock of Abraham, then we can move on to after the Lord's return, when He will give the land promised personally to Abraham and Hebrew and Jewish seed.

In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old: (Amos 9)

We see how the Lord quotes His prophecy differently from Amos 9 to Acts 15. He applied it to His church He is now building, without taking away from it's fulfillment after He comes again.

But, at this time, the only promises of God are to them that repent of sinning and believe His Son's gospel unto righteousness, whether Jew, Greek, Scythian, or any other nation on earth:

Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 9:6
But it is not as though the word of God has failed. For not all who are descended from Israel belong to Israel,

Psalms 50:10-12
10 for every animal of the forest is mine,
and the cattle on a thousand hills.
11 I know every bird in the mountains,
and the insects in the fields are mine.
12 If I were hungry I would not tell you,
for the world is mine, and all that is in it.

Saint of Light

Aug 22, 2023
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jews=Jews=God's chosen special people!!

Deuteronomy 7:6-8
For you are a holy people to the Lord your God; the Lord your God has chosen you to be a people for His own possession out of all the peoples who are on the face of the earth.
Ezekiel 36:24-28
For I will take you from the nations, gather you from all the lands and bring you into your own land. Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.
Verse page" data-hasqtip="4" aria-describedby="qtip-4" style="box-sizing: border-box; background-color: initial; color: initial; text-decoration: none initial; transition: color 0.2s ease-in-out 0s; font-size: 15px; font-weight: 700;">2 Samuel 7:23-24
And what one nation on the earth is like Your people Israel, whom God went to redeem for Himself as a people and to make a name for Himself, and to do a great thing for You and awesome things for Your land, before Your people whom You have redeemed for Yourself from Egypt, from nations and their gods? For You have established for Yourself Your people Israel as Your own people forever, and You, O Lord, have become their God.

Jews are loved by God. They were the first group to adopt God, who was called Yahweh back then, as the tutelary god of their country, history, and cultural heritage. Through them Judaism was born, which paved the road for the birth of humanity’s one and only savior, Jesus. If it weren’t for the Jews and the subsequent birth of Christ, who would be there to save us and redeem us? The world would indeed be lost. The Jews are therefore a very special people.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive, were grafted in among them and became partaker with them of the rich root of the olive tree, do not be arrogant toward the branches; but if you are arrogant, remember that it is not you who supports the root, but the root supports you.
- Romans 11:17-18

For you once were not a people, but now you are the people of God; you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.
-
1 Peter 2:10

Just a couple of relevant verses.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They sure were. They were different than all the other surrounding. nations, they had God as their king but they rejected him.

Screenshot 2023-09-12 at 3.37.00 AM.png