Jews=God's chosen special people!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jews=Jews=God's chosen special people!!

Deuteronomy 7:6-8
For you are a holy people to the Lord your God; the Lord your God has chosen you to be a people for His own possession out of all the peoples who are on the face of the earth.
Ezekiel 36:24-28
For I will take you from the nations, gather you from all the lands and bring you into your own land. Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.
Verse page" data-hasqtip="4" aria-describedby="qtip-4" style="box-sizing: border-box; background-color: initial; color: initial; text-decoration: none initial; transition: color 0.2s ease-in-out 0s; font-size: 15px; font-weight: 700;">2 Samuel 7:23-24
And what one nation on the earth is like Your people Israel, whom God went to redeem for Himself as a people and to make a name for Himself, and to do a great thing for You and awesome things for Your land, before Your people whom You have redeemed for Yourself from Egypt, from nations and their gods? For You have established for Yourself Your people Israel as Your own people forever, and You, O Lord, have become their God.

Reactions: marks

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you;
If Jesus does this for disobedient Jews, do you believe that he will do the same for everyone else?

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

For you are a holy people to the Lord your God; the Lord your God has chosen you to be a people for His own possession out of all the peoples who are on the face of the earth.
For I will take you from the nations, gather you from all the lands and bring you into your own land. Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.
...2 Samuel 7:23-24
And what one nation on the earth is like Your people Israel, whom God went to redeem for Himself as a people and to make a name for Himself, and to do a great thing for You and awesome things for Your land, before Your people whom You have redeemed for Yourself from Egypt, from nations and their gods? For You have established for Yourself Your people Israel as Your own people forever, and You, O Lord, have become their God.T
Though I'm not a Dispensationalist, I fully agree with your belief in Israel's future! And I think it's important to say it, particularly in these last days, when the Jews are being reconstituted in their land.

God's promise to the Jews must be fulfilled, and the mixture of rebel and ignorant does not mean God cannot save a large number of Jews so as to reconstitute a chosen nation for God. Surely the rebel will be cut off, but this is as it always has been, and is true of every ethnic group.

Nevertheless, God saves not just groups of people but entire *nations.* Israel will be the last of the Christian *nations* to be saved through the Christian faith. The nations will indeed be purged, but nations will survive.

Israel is the supreme example of God's patience and mercy towards His people. If we give up on them, we should give up on all nations.

Reddsta

Jul 5, 2023
SC Wisconsin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Jesus does this for disobedient Jews, do you believe that he will do the same for everyone else?
Seriously Patrick, He did say to them, Israel "Behold, your house is being left to you desolate!" He laid them to waste...put them in the "wilderness" again.

Reactions: Cassandra

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those that curse the Jewish people are cursed by God =not a good place to be!!!

Reddsta

Jul 5, 2023
SC Wisconsin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those that curse the Jewish people are cursed by God =not a good place to be!!!
I merely quoted the Lord Yahshua Himself, those are His words. He "is" not a Jew, so how's your logic going to work here "GISMYS_7?"

God manifest in the flesh cursed Israel, what are you thinking here anyway?

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I merely quoted the Lord Yahshua Himself, those are His words. He "is" not a Jew, so how's your logic going to work here "GISMYS_7?"

Are you saying Jesus is not a Jew?

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

THINK!!!! Yes Jesus is a Jew!!!
Genesis 12:3

I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.”

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Though I'm not a Dispensationalist, I fully agree with your belief in Israel's future! And I think it's important to say it, particularly in these last days, when the Jews are being reconstituted in their land.

God's promise to the Jews must be fulfilled, and the mixture of rebel and ignorant does not mean God cannot save a large number of Jews so as to reconstitute a chosen nation for God. Surely the rebel will be cut off, but this is as it always has been, and is true of every ethnic group.

Nevertheless, God saves not just groups of people but entire *nations.* Israel will be the last of the Christian *nations* to be saved through the Christian faith. The nations will indeed be purged, but nations will survive.

Israel is the supreme example of God's patience and mercy towards His people. If we give up on them, we should give up on all nations.
What about all of the Jews that lived up to this time?

Gal 3:28-29 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

And read Matt 21:33-43

Parable of the Evil Farmers​

33 “Now listen to another story. A certain landowner planted a vineyard, built a wall around it, dug a pit for pressing out the grape juice, and built a lookout tower. Then he leased the vineyard to tenant farmers and moved to another country. 34 At the time of the grape harvest, he sent his servants to collect his share of the crop. 35 But the farmers grabbed his servants, beat one, killed one, and stoned another. 36 So the landowner sent a larger group of his servants to collect for him, but the results were the same.
37 “Finally, the owner sent his son, thinking, ‘Surely they will respect my son.’
38 “But when the tenant farmers saw his son coming, they said to one another, ‘Here comes the heir to this estate. Come on, let’s kill him and get the estate for ourselves!’ 39 So they grabbed him, dragged him out of the vineyard, and murdered him.
40 “When the owner of the vineyard returns,” Jesus asked, “what do you think he will do to those farmers?”

41 The religious leaders replied, “He will put the wicked men to a horrible death and lease the vineyard to others who will give him his share of the crop after each harvest
42 Then Jesus asked them, “Didn’t you ever read this in the Scriptures?

‘The stone that the builders rejected
has now become the cornerstone.
This is the Lord’s doing,
and it is wonderful to se
43" I tell you, the Kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a nation that will produce the proper fruit. 44 Anyone who stumbles over that stone will be broken to pieces, and it will crush anyone it falls on.
45 When the leading priests and Pharisees heard this parable, they realized he was telling the story against them—they were the wicked farmers. 46 They wanted to arrest him, but they were afraid of the crowds, who considered Jesus to be a prophet."
The covenant God had with the Jews was for them to keep His commandments, which they did not do. They lost out as a people.

Both Jews who accept Christ and Gentiles who accept Christ are heirs now.

Reddsta

Jul 5, 2023
SC Wisconsin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you saying Jesus is not a Jew?
"Is not" He most certainly was in His flesh, in His humanity during His time on the earth. Think "The first man is from the earth, earthy; the second man is from heaven." (1Co 15:47 NASB) The natural and then the spiritual...the Lord Yahshua Christ is no longer in the "natural" He is Spiritual, therefor as Paul elaborates below, He is presently not a Jew. “That which is born of flesh is flesh, and that which is born of Spirit is spirit.”

Here is what Paul wrote to us,
"Therefore from now on we recognize no one according to the flesh; even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him in this way no longer. [the word "flesh here denotes tangible physical flesh" this includes the specific designations of "Jew and gentile, bond or free, male or female"] Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; [this new creature is a "Spirit"] the old things passed away; behold, new things have come." (2Co 5:16-17 NASB)

"For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's descendants, heirs according to promise" [Gen. 22:18] (Gal 3:26-29 NASB)

Reddsta

Jul 5, 2023
SC Wisconsin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THINK!!!! Yes Jesus is a Jew!!!
Was a Jew as the son of Mary, the son of man. We may need to remember that the genealogy of Christ Yahshua is traced via fathers and sons. A son inherits the genealogy of his father as seen in the gospels of Matthew and Luke. So ask yourselves this, was God the Father of the Lord Yahshua Christ, the creator, the eternal Spirit, ever identifying Himself as a Jew? Both He and Abraham existed long before anything named as Jewish.

Your reference to Genesis 12:2a God told Abram "And I will make you a great nation," yes and He fulfilled that promise right? That "was" the "natural nation" of Israel. Where does the scripture ever identify "Abraham as Jewish or Israeli?" Didn't that ultimately start with "Jacob/Israel" Isaac's son, Abraham's grandson? Additionally yes I am saying that "Abraham was not Jewish either."

At any rate, in Genesis 22:18a we have the second part of God's promise to Abraham, "In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed" Paul speaks to this clearly and directly in Galatians 3.

"in order that in "Christ Jesus" the "blessing of Abraham" might come to the Gentiles, so that we would receive "the promise of the Spirit" through faith.(Gal 3:14 NASB emphasis mine) The "promise of the Spirit" is the seed of God, "Spirit" not flesh, implanted in Mary that produced Yahshua, He was the first of His type, God "Spirit" as His Father, the "firstborn" of many brothers, AKA the "spiritual sons of God."

Remember,
"So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham." (Gal 3:9 KJV) when one receives the "Holy Spirit" through "faith" in the Lord Yahshua Christ, they are considered the "sons of Abraham" in the sense of a promise fulfilled. Thereby God has fulfilled the second part of the promise to Abraham as well.

This second part of the promise to Abraham brings forth a "spiritual people and a nation," fulfilling God's promise to Abraham, as a "new spiritual creation" a "new nation of people in Christ, who is a Spirit, NOT natural Israel" Here is how Paul put it, "Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come." (2Co 5:17 NASB emphasis mine)

Paul continues, Now the promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. He does not say, "And to seeds," ["seeds," that would be natural Israel] as referring to many, but rather to one, "And to your seed," that is, Christ. [singular] (Gal 3:16 NASB) The "Holy Spirit" is the "seed of promise" given to people who have faith in Christ Yahshua, therefore are becoming the sons of God by His Spirit, just like the Lord Yahshua Christ Himself.

For if the inheritance is based on law, [natural Israel] it is no longer based on a promise; [Christ, Spirit] but God has granted it to Abraham by means of a promise." (Gal 3:18 NASB) That is fulfilled in Christ, who is Spirit, this is not a Jewish thing at all.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To Abraham, God promised, “and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed” (Genesis 12:3b). To David, God promised a descendant who would reign forever. “When your days are fulfilled and you lie down with your fathers, I will raise up your offspring after you, who shall come from your body, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build a house for my name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever” (2 Samuel 7:12-13). Both of these promises were Messianic made to Hebrews, and in order for God to keep His promise, it was important the Savior come from that line, and that people group. B Verrett

Reddsta

Jul 5, 2023
SC Wisconsin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To Abraham, God promised, “and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed” (Genesis 12:3b). To David, God promised a descendant who would reign forever. “When your days are fulfilled and you lie down with your fathers, I will raise up your offspring after you, who shall come from your body, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build a house for my name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever” (2 Samuel 7:12-13). Both of these promises were Messianic made to Hebrews, and in order for God to keep His promise, it was important the Savior come from that line, and that people group. B Verrett
- quote B. Verrett
"I
[God the Father] will establish his [Yahshua the Son] kingdom. He [Yahshua the Son] shall build a house [Body] for my [His Father] name, and I [God the Father] will establish the throne of his [Yahshua the Son] kingdom forever"

Agreed, it literally flows like this GISMYS_7, first natural Israel, literally comes through the "natural seed of Abraham." Abraham & Sarah give birth to a son of promise, Isaac, Isaac marries Rebecca and they give birth to a son of promise Jacob, this is where "Israel" comes from. This was the fulfillment of the promise Abraham received from God Himself, "I will make you a great Nation." This fulfilled the first part of God's promise to Abraham.

Additionally because Abraham was a man of faith toward God, he also received the honor and blessing that through his "natural seed, Isaac and Jacob ultimately Israel, which would produce Mary who is Jewish" who would be the one whom He, God the Father would choose to "plant His seed," a "spiritual seed" as only "the" Father can do.

This is not a natural seed, not a human seed, not Abraham's seed, Abraham's seed ultimately brings forth the "Jewish woman" Mary, the mother who comes from "natural Israel." She became the "Jewish human" carrier of the "divine seed" of our God and Father. This fulfilled the second part of God's promise to Abraham. "In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed."

She followed suit by bringing forth a "spiritual Son, Yahshua." He is from the seed of God His Father, God as a Spirit fathered Him." His connection to Abraham is, as a "womb" as in Mary's, not as the seed of Abraham. Women do not have a seed in and of themselves, they are the carrier of the seed which originates in man and in this case it was not a man, it was God our Father. It was not a man who conceived a child in the womb of Mary the woman and mother so, "Abraham's seed" is not in view here.

Then the Lord Yahshua Christ, through His death, burial, resurrection and ascension, and the subsequent out pouring of Himself as the Holy Spirit, brings forth an entirely "New spiritual nation," never before seen on the earth. Referred to by Paul as "one new man."

This "one new man" is made up of an entirely new creation via the melding together of "Jews and gentiles" who were once mere humans, who are now carrying the "seed of God the Father within themselves via the indwelling of the Holy Spirit" exactly as our Lord and Savior did. As such this new nation is no longer recognized in the "flesh" it is a "spiritual nation" because its God and Father is the eternal Spirit.

This makes what was once "natural man" into a completely new and different race of Holy Spirit indwelt creatures, who by faith in Christ understand that through the "New Birth experience" they are brought forth as the "sons of God," by virtue of the "fact" that they have been Fathered by God.

GISMYS_7, I have laid this out here as clearly as I can. I hope you can embrace perhaps a Truth you have never seen, however it is right here in front of us. If you do not agree, or cannot understand I am ok with that too.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Verse page" data-hasqtip="4" aria-describedby="qtip-4" style="box-sizing: border-box; background-color: initial; color: initial; text-decoration: none initial; transition: color 0.2s ease-in-out 0s; font-size: 15px; font-weight: 700;">2 Samuel 7:23-24
And what one nation on the earth is like Your people Israel, whom God went to redeem for Himself as a people and to make a name for Himself, and to do a great thing for You and awesome things for Your land, before Your people whom You have redeemed for Yourself from Egypt, from nations and their gods? For You have established for Yourself Your people Israel as Your own people forever, and You, O Lord, have become their God.
I sometimes wonder if "God's chosen people" means the Lord uses the Jews as an example, so when they do well, he rewards them, and when they don't do well, he withholds his blessing.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes!!! Jesus is Jewish!! So just ignore the ideas and opinions of little men.
And Jesus is God, so God is Jewish? And Jews don't believe Jesus is the Messiah.And because of that, He doesn't believe in Himself?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Jesus is God, so God is Jewish? And Jews don't believe Jesus is the Messiah.And because of that, He doesn't believe in Himself?
This is sophistry. The OT Jews were God's chosen people. Jesus was a Jew, as were all His disciples and all the Prophets, so saying that Jews don't believe that Jesus was/is the Messiah is nonsense.

All the "books" of the Bible (with one exception) were written by Jews and all the members of the first churches were Jews.

And I am a Jew, and I know (not believe) that Jesus is the Messiah.

Jesus, when He was on earth as a human, was distinct from God, the Father. Otherwise He would be praying to Himself, which is absurd.

You need to read Romans 11 to understand the truth about God's chosen people.

Reactions: GISMYS_7

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic

Yes, they certainly were the people of God's OT.

Have you read the NT yet?