Job, Sin and Sickness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lesjude

May 8, 2012
Central New York State
Satan afflicted Job. He only had the general right because of sin coming in through Adam and Eve. There was NO other reason Satan could come before the throne to ask to tempt Job to sin. He really thought Job was a sinner and would prove his true nature. Read Job chapters 1 and 2 please.

Do not miss one of the MAIN points of the book. Job's friends contended that no man could be made righteous before God by any means. Job contended he was righteous by grace through faith in His redeemer Christ which Job states.

Satan is the god of this world and it was Satan who afflicted Job, not God. Satan can do NOTHING to a believer without God's say so. God in His GREAT mercy even stays the hand of Satan on behalf of the unsaved. In this case it was God exercising His determinative control. Job called on God for deliverance and healing and did not run off to the arm of the flesh. By trusting God ALONE he defeated Satan's assertion, defeated Satan as the source of sin and sickness, and did not sin against God. Job was declared right by God in his contention that a man can be righteous by grace through faith in Job 42:7, was given more authority and power with God 42:8, healed, and MORE than restored.

Please tell me why it is that if God gives His children a loathsome affliction to make them better Christians run off to the arm of the flesh calling it 'faith' to seek 'healing' and be rid of it spending thousands and then not be rid of it but drugged to live with it. Really!! The Bible no where teaches dualism i.e. trusting God and the arm of the flesh for any promise God has made to His people. In fact the very opposite. No one in the NT EVER went to the medical system for a physical issue, sought their advice, or referred anyone to them; not Jesus (use and referrals), not Paul, not Epaphroditus, not Trophimus, not Luke and all had occasion. Those that sought to the physicians in the OT did not end well.

All the medical system today does is do enough to keep sinners comfortable in their sin which is the ROOT of their problem. It keeps Christians under the LIE that God gives them that system and keeps them in the same sin, UNBELIEF.

The devil comes before the throne and says, if you will allow me to give them this or that physical issue they will PROVE they have no trust in you ALONE to do as your word promises, AND will not avail themselves of your clear method of healing set in the church, James 5:14-15. And guess what?

God can and does use physical issues through Satan to discipline His children when all else fails then heals when they repent. Also they can be used as a teaching/training tool by the Holy Spirit to train a disciple in faith for healing. He started with me allowing and then healing injuries, aches and pains and even severe burns which were healed instantly or very quickly. As we saw Him faithful we became faithful to trust Jesus alone to heal us of EVERYTHING and have now for 35 years. A major aspect of approved character is Bible faith, Hebrews 11:6, that trusts God alone to do as He promises to do within the meaning of SAVE.

MOST will not even consider submitting to any training in this. It is inconvenient, requires some courage, and most of all humbling oneself to do what Romans 12:1 says. Maintaining the right to oneself is the essence of all sin i.e. pride, stubbornness, and willful ignorance. Christians believe they can turn their blood bought bodies over to man's carnal medical system, #3 in cause of death, to be stripped naked, drugged, and cut up. Please explain where in the Bible it even implies this is God's plan for His bride

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
the medical system is not our enemy .... luke was a physician .... you would likely not even be here if not for medicine .... youd be dead from smallpox or tb or plague or something.

use both medicine and parayer.

but we still die anyway. we are not in eternity yet. you have it mixed up sir. best wishes.

lesjude

May 8, 2012
Central New York State
Arnie Manitoba said:
the medical system is not our enemy .... luke was a physician .... you would likely not even be here if not for medicine .... youd be dead from smallpox or tb or plague or something.
Apparently they do have a few issues as they are the third leading cause of death in the US. We have not used medicine or doctors for ANYTHING in over 35 years. As for Luke read this: ww.christianityboard.com/topic/17244-luke-the-physician-and-divine-healing/

use both medicine and parayer.
Dualism or trusting God and the arm of the flesh for what God has promised to do for His people is not taught in the Bible. Please give scripture that it is if you really believe this.

but we still die anyway. we are not in eternity yet. you have it mixed up sir. best wishes.
A believer does not have to die sick. Moses and Aaron didn't. Be it to you according to your faith.

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lesjude said:
Satan afflicted Job. He only had the general right because of sin coming in through Adam and Eve. There was NO other reason Satan could come before the throne to ask to tempt Job to sin. He really thought Job was a sinner and would prove his true nature. Read Job chapters 1 and 2 please.

Do not miss one of the MAIN points of the book. Job's friends contended that no man could be made righteous before God by any means. Job contended he was righteous by grace through faith in His redeemer Christ which Job states.

Satan is the god of this world and it was Satan who afflicted Job, not God. Satan can do NOTHING to a believer without God's say so. God in His GREAT mercy even stays the hand of Satan on behalf of the unsaved. In this case it was God exercising His determinative control. Job called on God for deliverance and healing and did not run off to the arm of the flesh. By trusting God ALONE he defeated Satan's assertion, defeated Satan as the source of sin and sickness, and did not sin against God. Job was declared right by God in his contention that a man can be righteous by grace through faith in Job 42:7, was given more authority and power with God 42:8, healed, and MORE than restored.

Please tell me why it is that if God gives His children a loathsome affliction to make them better Christians run off to the arm of the flesh calling it 'faith' to seek 'healing' and be rid of it spending thousands and then not be rid of it but drugged to live with it. Really!! The Bible no where teaches dualism i.e. trusting God and the arm of the flesh for any promise God has made to His people. In fact the very opposite. No one in the NT EVER went to the medical system for a physical issue, sought their advice, or referred anyone to them; not Jesus (use and referrals), not Paul, not Epaphroditus, not Trophimus, not Luke and all had occasion. Those that sought to the physicians in the OT did not end well.

All the medical system today does is do enough to keep sinners comfortable in their sin which is the ROOT of their problem. It keeps Christians under the LIE that God gives them that system and keeps them in the same sin, UNBELIEF.

The devil comes before the throne and says, if you will allow me to give them this or that physical issue they will PROVE they have no trust in you ALONE to do as your word promises, AND will not avail themselves of your clear method of healing set in the church, James 5:14-15. And guess what?

God can and does use physical issues through Satan to discipline His children when all else fails then heals when they repent. Also they can be used as a teaching/training tool by the Holy Spirit to train a disciple in faith for healing. He started with me allowing and then healing injuries, aches and pains and even severe burns which were healed instantly or very quickly. As we saw Him faithful we became faithful to trust Jesus alone to heal us of EVERYTHING and have now for 35 years. A major aspect of approved character is Bible faith, Hebrews 11:6, that trusts God alone to do as He promises to do within the meaning of SAVE.

MOST will not even consider submitting to any training in this. It is inconvenient, requires some courage, and most of all humbling oneself to do what Romans 12:1 says. Maintaining the right to oneself is the essence of all sin i.e. pride, stubbornness, and willful ignorance. Christians believe they can turn their blood bought bodies over to man's carnal medical system, #3 in cause of death, to be stripped naked, drugged, and cut up. Please explain where in the Bible it even implies this is God's plan for His bride
I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE SURE I UNDERSTAND YOU PROPERLY LESJUDE. are you saying the only way to be healed is divinely? that going to a medical facility is wrong?

lesjude

May 8, 2012
Central New York State
7angels said:
I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE SURE I UNDERSTAND YOU PROPERLY LESJUDE. are you saying the only way to be healed is divinely? that going to a medical facility is wrong?
Christians will ALWAYS go to the physician they live closest to and provides the best care. We have gone to the Great Physician for 35 years and Jesus has never failed us. When I got saved in '77 I saw divine healing in Christ's atonement and set out on the Holy Spirit training to receive it by grace through faith in my life i.e. make it mine by experience. He trained all of us including our 7 children, now all grown, carefully and lovingly. Here is a summary of the #3 killer in the US as to function. You must decide for yourself if "going" is right or wrong. No one can make that decision for you or me for that matter. http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/17245-sin-sickness-and-the-medical-system/

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i will warn you to watch what you say because it will be judged to you later. it is great that you can believe for complete healing. but God will deal with each of us differently depending upon where we are in Christ. the reason i say to watch what you say to others is that granted you may have healing down but where are you with your finances or unity or love or peace or anything else the bible tells us do. i know i don't have it all down yet and so i can tell people what the word teaches but to go about claiming medicine and drugs are bad is wrong. that is like saying if you are not rich then you are disobeying God because God provides super abundantly more then we could ever want. if it is a misunderstanding on my part then i am sorry but choose your words carefully when you try to explain things. we are held responsible for anyone who listens to what we say and if the word is taught incorrectly and we will be held responsible before God.

God bless