Job

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I've got so many questions about this guy. First of all,.. I really don't understand as much as I've tried to how he could still be so faithful to God after everything that happened to him because truthfully I don't know if I could. Second of all, Job wasn't Jesus so what does it mean when it says that he never sinned? Thirdly,.. Tim makes a good point here,.. why was his wife left alone? LOL (Oh yeah and why did God allow Satan to kill his kids when they were completely innocent? :( Same with Pharoh's son actually.)
'For I know that my redeemer liveth,
and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
And though after my skin worms destroy this body,
yet in my flesh shall I see God:
Whom I shall see for myself,
and mine eyes shall behold, and not another;
though my reins be consumed within me.'

(Job 19:25-27)

Hello @April_Rose,

In Job chapter one, we read that Job was perfect and upright and feared God. He also, as Head of his household, sanctified his children, by sacrificing on their behalf before God (Job 1:5 & Leviticus 17:11) for any sins they may have committed, as well as for himself and his wife: this was something He did continually, so that He, His wife and Children were therefore 'blameless' in the sight of God, their sins having been atoned for.

The loss of Job's children was a tragedy for Job to have to overcome, but Job believed in the resurrection of the dead, he knew that his 'life' was not for this life only, that he would one day live again in life eternal (see verses above). So he knew that he would see his children again, if not in this life. His children will live again, for their sins have been atoned for in the sight of God.

We who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, like Job, have that same hope of resurrection life, for the blood of Jesus Christ God's Son cleanses us from all sin,

Praise God!

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: April_Rose

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you didn't read it right....I said he wasn't experiencing Fear of The Lord......
His fear was of the world.
I appreciate your input but please quote me correctly. ❤:)
Those words were words passed on to you, as were aspens. They silenced you for a minute, and yet.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those words were words passed on to you, as were aspens. They silenced you for a minute, and yet.
Excuse me? I know what the Fear of the Lord is. In fact, in a thread I shared how I have been praying and asking Him to give me wisdom and understanding about it.
You speak in short replies and it is difficult to understand what your intention is in your replies.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They silenced you for a minute, and yet.
Please explain this comment because you are not making any sense....if I didn't respond right away it is because I was running errands all day and would check in when I could and respond to replies.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It all comes from the heart though.. :)
words are powerful.
Jesus said if you say, and you have faith, you can move mountains.
Today so many saying and they believe what they're saying, and some things they say are NOT good.
I watched where music can make a plant thrive. Where words change the molecular structure of water.
It's in the vibes..
I say tomato you say tomato.. long a , short a, it's still the same fruit either way.
I say energy or spirit, or force, or power.. they all mean fundamentally the same to me.
I'm not a scientist I just use the words I know to describe things.
So in that thread about people's emotions/spirit/energy.. whatever you want to call it,
has an effect on the world.. the trees, the wind, the water, around us.
I'm not saying we can make them do what we want them to do,
but they react to the emotions/spirit/energy that we emit into it.

This is hard to put into words.. :(

there is life in everything that grows. grass, trees, animals, people..
microscopic things grow like viruses and bacteria..
These all have life in them, and we have life in us. And all life comes from God.
So my question was/is does our life have an effect on other life around us.

I, in my humble opinion believe it does.
If I'm upset, my cats cluster round me. like they can sense my emotions.
I can hear peoples emotions when they type on an inanimate computer, through the airwaves, into a forum
where all it is, is digits on a screen.
But when you are sad, it makes me sad. when you are happy it makes me happy.
I can't see you, I can't touch you, but I can hear you..

funny how that workd huh?

just thinking
I'm supposed to go do something today..
but it's been snowing all night and the sun just barely come out.
No one has plowed my driveway and I don't know if it will melt
in time.

aw well, we'll see what the day brings.
I'm not worried about it.
I think it was planned that way. ;)

HUGS

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
words are powerful.
Jesus said if you say, and you have faith, you can move mountains.
Today so many saying and they believe what they're saying, and some things they say are NOT good.
I watched where music can make a plant thrive. Where words change the molecular structure of water.
It's in the vibes..
I say tomato you say tomato.. long a , short a, it's still the same fruit either way.
I say energy or spirit, or force, or power.. they all mean fundamentally the same to me.
I'm not a scientist I just use the words I know to describe things.
So in that thread about people's emotions/spirit/energy.. whatever you want to call it,
has an effect on the world.. the trees, the wind, the water, around us.
I'm not saying we can make them do what we want them to do,
but they react to the emotions/spirit/energy that we emit into it.

This is hard to put into words.. :(

there is life in everything that grows. grass, trees, animals, people..
microscopic things grow like viruses and bacteria..
These all have life in them, and we have life in us. And all life comes from God.
So my question was/is does our life have an effect on other life around us.

I, in my humble opinion believe it does.
If I'm upset, my cats cluster round me. like they can sense my emotions.
I can hear peoples emotions when they type on an inanimate computer, through the airwaves, into a forum
where all it is, is digits on a screen.

funny how that workd huh?

just thinking
I'm supposed to go do something today..
but it's been snowing all night and the sun just barely come out.
No one has plowed my driveway and I don't know if it will melt
in time.

aw well, we'll see what the day brings.
I'm not worried about it.
I think it was planned that way. ;)

HUGS
Well we are created from the dust of the earth and our chemical makeup is the same as the earth's as far as all components...the earth has more quantity of some minerals than we do but thats quite understandable.
So in summary we are directly connected to the earth and we probably have an effect on it in many ways.

Reactions: Ziggy

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's discernment sister!:)

Reactions: Ziggy

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think our emotions has any affect on the earth. There are millions of people around the world who are all experiencing some kind of emotion...some happy...some sad..etc.
God sends storms...like in the case of Jonah....and he also allows Satan to create disasters....such as in Job's case.
But ultimately God is in control and Satan can't do anything that God hasn't allowed him to do.

That just goes to show that Satan doesn't have as much power over us as he thinks he does. ;)

Reactions: Heart2Soul

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes, amazing words. Agree so I’m not disagreeing but I have some questions. One is ‘For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:’

Job saw His redeemer Lives Which is Christ.

‘26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

27 Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me." (Job 19.25-27)’

Job 42:5-6 I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee. [6] Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.
^
what is ‘dust and ashes’ is not in the flesh?

3 John 1:11 Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.

1 John 4:12-16 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us. [13] Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit. [14] And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world. [15] Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. [16] And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

3 John 1:10-13 Wherefore, if I come, I will remember his deeds which he doeth, prating against us with malicious words: and not content therewith, neither doth he himself receive the brethren, and forbiddeth them that would, and casteth them out of the church. [11] Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God. [12] Demetrius hath good report of all men, and of the truth itself: yea, and we also bear record; and ye know that our record is true. [13] I had many things to write, but I will not with ink and pen write unto thee: 2 Corinthians 3:2-6

Only questions...any input on Job 42:5-6 I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.
@VictoryinJesus These words in Job are often taken as evidence of a sure hope of the resurrection.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven't seen any posts from aspen here. I must have missed it.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I am re reading job as it’s been interesting reading the posts here.......something I had not considered before , in the attacks on Job there are two that involved weather. The fire from God I presume is lightning and the second involving a hurricane. We know from the beginning that The Lord gave satan permission to ‘ test ‘ him. So does that mean that Satan can control the natural elements ?
I have always considered that hurricanes/ lightning ect were natural reactions or were within Gods control ( as with the flood and the dynamics of what happened when Jesus was on the cross ) I have never considered that they may be within Satan’s power to control and create.
Rita
@Rita Job gives such an example of faithful patience.

Reactions: April_Rose

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul Discernment comes from much prayer and Scripture meditation.
I equate it to dialing your radio tuner until the station you want comes in loud and clear:)
So that would be read and study the Word, pray and seek His Will, sit and meditate until you hear Him answer....and fine tune it until you hear Him loud and clear!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I equate it to dialing your radio tuner until the station you want comes in loud and clear:)
So that would be read and study the Word, pray and seek His Will, sit and meditate until you hear Him answer....and fine tune it until you hear Him loud and clear!
@Heart2Soul
'Loud and clear' is maybe a good way of putting it! we do need to spend much time in prayer and Scripture meditation, of course...

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To accuse Job of a sin of some sort makes you equal to one of his friends....

That he had to pray for in order for God not to strike them dead.

Just saying....