Joe Biden just promised real food shortages in Europe and the U.S. due to Russian sanctions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Scott Downey

And furthermore, you seem to prefer what they of old time said rather than what Christ says:

“Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time,

‘Go to the ant, you sluggard!’

But Christ says unto you:

“take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?”
Acts 11, speaks of a great famine in the NT, as does Christ speak of wars and famines to come in the gospels.
If people took no thought for tomorrow, then how could there be any sharing of food to the church for those who had none.
Relief to Judea
27 And in these days prophets came from Jerusalem to Antioch. 28 Then one of them, named Agabus, stood up and showed by the Spirit that there was going to be a great famine throughout all the world, which also happened in the days of Claudius Caesar. 29 Then the disciples, each according to his ability, determined to send relief to the brethren dwelling in Judea. 30 This they also did, and sent it to the elders by the hands of Barnabas and Saul.

And dont tell me no Christians have starved and died of famines in the NT times.
  1. Luke 4:25
    But I tell you truly, many widows were in Israel in the days of Elijah, when the heaven was shut up three years and six months, and there was a great famine throughout all the land;
    In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
  2. Luke 15:14
    But when he had spent all, there arose a severe famine in that land, and he began to be in want.
    In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
  3. Luke 21:11
    And there will be great earthquakes in various places, and famines and pestilences; and there will be fearful sights and great signs from heaven.

Reactions: JohnPaul

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How many of these millions who died of famine in Ukraine were Christians, they were likely many orthodox believers who died there courtesy of Stalin.

The Holodomor (Ukrainian: Голодомо́р, romanized: Holodomor, IPA: [ɦolodoˈmɔr];[2] derived from морити голодом, moryty holodom, 'to kill by starvation'),[a][3][4][5] also known as the Terror-Famine[6][7][8] or the Great Famine,[9] was a famine in Soviet Ukraine from 1932 to 1933 that killed millions of Ukrainians. The term Holodomor emphasises the famine's man-made nature and alleged intentional aspects such as rejection of outside aid, confiscation of all household foodstuffs and restriction of population movement. As a large part of the wider Soviet famine of 1932–1933 which affected the major grain-producing areas of the country, millions of inhabitants of Ukraine, the majority of whom were ethnic Ukrainians, died of starvation in a peacetime catastrophe unprecedented in the history of Ukraine.[10] Since 2006, the Holodomor has been recognized by Ukraine[11] and 15 other countries as a genocide of the Ukrainian people carried out by the Soviet government.[12]

Early estimates of the death toll by scholars and government officials varied greatly.[13] A joint statement by the United Nations signed by 25 countries in 2003 declared that 7–10 million perished.[14] However, current scholarship estimates a range much lower, with 4 to 6 million victims,[15] and more precise estimates ranging from 3.3[16] to 5 million.[17][18]

Whether or not the Holodomor was genocide is still the subject of academic and legal discussion. According to international law, the crime of genocide requires explicit intent from a regime to eliminate members of an ethnic group.[19] No such intent on the part of the Soviet Union has ever been discovered.[20] While historians universally agree that the cause of the famine was man-made, the intentionality of the deaths continue to be debated and discussed.[21][22][23] Some scholars conclude that the famine was planned by Joseph Stalin to eliminate a Ukrainian independence movement.[10][24] Others suggest that the famine was a concomitant of rapid Soviet industrialisation and collectivization of agriculture.[25][26][27]

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Providing for others’ needs is not the same as storing up food in fear of an unforeseen event.[/QUOTE]
v8, is applicable. Especially so if you have knowledge that bad things like this may be coming, and you could have prepared ahead of time.
To not provide for your own household is a grievous sin.
1 Timothy 5:7-9
New King James Version

7 And these things command, that they may be blameless. 8 But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

9 Do not let a widow under sixty years old be taken into the number, and not unless she has been the wife of one man,

Last edited:

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
well I cant fix the post, seems to be caught up in the other posters post. Tried to edit multiple times. Figured it out, it kept putting /quote on the end of my post, so I cut it and moved it up higher to end the other posters quote. Still it is leaving a /quote in the response.

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Scott Downey

And furthermore, you seem to prefer what they of old time said rather than what Christ says:

“Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time,

‘Go to the ant, you sluggard!’

But Christ says unto you:

“take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?”
You just said in your previous post (which I edited out) "who cares what Jesus said" ...and now your emphasizing what Jesus said to be more valid than what God spoke through the mouths of prophets.
The Old Testament is extremely valuable to a believer to read and know what the prophets said.....even prophesying of end time events is of great importance to study.

Reactions: JohnPaul

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just said in your previous post (which I edited out) "who cares what Jesus said"

That was said mockingly because he went and searched Old Testament scripture as an excuse to make Jesus’ words void. If you follow the exchange between he and I it’s obvious that I was attempting to display his “who cares what Jesus said” attitude.

Many Christians these days might as well not care what Christ said because many don’t exercise themselves to DO what he said.

Like being prepared to be smitten on both cheeks.

Many will run to other scriptures to refute that principle.

I indeed do care about Christ’s words which is why I quoted them to begin with.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hard to believe that someone’s sensitivities were triggered from me exhorting Christ’s teaching over Solomon’s.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
here are some of the 'colourful' names you've just dished out:-
1...boy
2...idiot
3...true monster
4...desperate

.....all these are projections Reggie ie, what you call others on a regular basis is a window into yourself. You have been keeping this up for some time....and frankly, it's painful to listen to. I bet you didn't know that?[/Q
Ever worked a day in your life ? such a one would not last the day mate in being such a sook where I worked.
It's not in the words bro that count as to God, but your actions. even back biters and rock spiders comes to mind as huge cry baby's, because they can not handle the truth. so in saying that, they are never content ? because they are only religious dupes. I have seen such many a time making a big deal out of nothing. it's like ballllaaaar o_O reality ! they scream. But they can back bite and rip people off at the drop of a hat and play cunning games. I have seen them do that many times. But they must think they are covered to all other Sins but as to names :confused:?

I have a religious mate who is much like they to come across as, he says something and then he looks up and says sorry Jesus ? but he is not truly sorry at all, it's all an act ! of religious nonsense ! such is a total creep show to me to have to deal with such disregard. is he saying it to me ? to try and build himself up religiously ? in my eyes or others ! He has never worked a day in his life, because he sees such as insulting his ego in fact. he lives in a fantasy world, seriously.

I have come across people who have said what you say about projections, the window into yourself, do you know what they were ? well they were Spiritualist ! nothing to do with Christ Jesus at all. oh they are in the Churches alright and this is what such are claiming is the same real big deal dribble that they dribble 24/7 such as they are monsters, idiots and desperate to lead all people into Hell, and not one of they was worthy of being a Man or Woman they bat for all the depraved.
Yes they sit back looking to pounce like a religious rock spider on idiot issues that have nothing to do with God at all. they call them in the Bible Trouble makers, Busybody's and what else ? I have seen them in the Church and they work only to drive people away !

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Reggie Belafonte, Don't you find it peculiar that you can see these flaws in everybody else and are willing to bad mouth them yet none of them in yourself?

Last edited:

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Reggie Belafonte, Don't you find it peculiar that you can see these flaws in everybody else and are willing to bad mouth them yet none of them in yourself?
Reggie speaks the truth
You just said in your previous post (which I edited out) "who cares what Jesus said" ...and now your emphasizing what Jesus said to be more valid than what God spoke through the mouths of prophets.
The Old Testament is extremely valuable to a believer to read and know what the prophets said.....even prophesying of end time events is of great importance to study.
It is blasphemous to say such a thing, that is using the Lords name in vain and unChristian, we must care about everything Jesus said.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is a distortion of scripture to say don't do anything to prepare for the future.
People unwilling to work for food, scripture also tells us WILL not eat and be a burden to the others who are working

From a commentary on Matthew 6:25
https://www.ouosu.com/IBLC/2011/11/Commentary-on-Matthew-6_25-34.pdf#:~:text=International Bible Lesson Commentary Matthew 6:25-34 (Matthew 6:25),than food, and the body more than clothing?

Jesus reasons with His followers to help then keep perspective. Some things are more important than other things. Your life and body are more important than things, and no one should sacrifice their life and their body simply to acquire more things, but too many do. Sometimes people work and worry to acquire things and they ruin their mental and physical health, their relationships with God and others. They show their lack of trust in God as their heavenly Father and in His loving desire to give His children all they need. Jesus has already taught them to pray for God to give them their daily bread (meet their daily needs). His children need to trust God as they pray to God as their heavenly Father.

The Bible teaches that if we will not work we may not eat: “Anyone unwilling to work neither shall he eat”

10 For even when we were with you, we commanded you this: If anyone will not work, neither shall he eat.

(2 Thessalonians 3:10).
Because of the many uncertainties in this world, Jesus knows we need good reasons not to worry. He does not argue against our need to work, save, and prepare for the future as He enables. We are people, created in the image of God, and God did a great work in creating the world. Jesus declared, “My Father is still working, and I also am working” (John 5:17). We need to work and not worry, leaving the ultimate results to our Father and Jesus who are still working. As created in God’s image, we are of greater value than the creatures God also cares for to meet their needs

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joe Biden is running our country into the ground with his build back better ideology.
(5) John Cooper on Twitter: " Joe Biden just promised food shortages in Europe and the U.S. https://t.co/k92fwZXRuW" / Twitter

I have been telling the wife this for awhile, but she has not been taking me seriously, sort of a rolling of the eyes response. She bought some extra dried potato, cereal, some dried milk powder and some canned food. But I know it is not enough. I may have to go and buy a bunch of extra food myself. It is just the 2 of us, but my Daughter's family is 6 people live a few minutes away. I have been warning them for a while too. It just is not sinking in much though.

NOW HOW ABOUT YOU?

I have been prepping for almost two years now! As long as prices are still semi stable in my area for canned goods, I am keeping my pantry fully stocked. This is going to be a real real bad time for the World!

Supply chains collapsing
fertilizer prices through th eroof
diesel prices over $5
Ukraine, Russia and several other nations stopping exports of food.
Inflation reducing the value of paychecks more than in the past 40 years.

This is going to be the greater depression.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?” (Matthew 6:30-31)

So you think Jospeh was wrong to storehouse food for the coming hard times?

YOu also think Paul denied the faith when he took up collections from all the gentile churches to give to believers In Israel to fend off starvation?

I hope you do not have a family. Yes we are to live by faith, but if one sees a tornado coming and does not get out of its way- God will not veer it aside because you want to play Pat Robertson!

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes his projections are true about himself!

1..Weak people revenge
2..Strong people forgive
3..Intelligent people ignore
Albert Einstein
I have to wonder about you. could you even watch a show like Eddy Murphy at all, not to mention the 1986 The Golden Child.
The Golden child may be flawed, but also has strengths, it is said ?
But I like the Victor Wong and the Chosen one the best in the show.

Just saying, but I do have to wonder where you are at bro, could you watch such a show, I don't think you could ? is it because you are to sensitive ? I wonder ? or is it because you are always popping out in your post trying to drag people down, like some sort of rock lobster.
That's what I have seen you mainly do, not to mention I think you see such as having a joke, playing games with people on here. Seriously !
I do not think you are serious about yourself being a Christian at all.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, I been stocking up on rice and all kinds of beans. Dried beans, canned beans. Not because I like beans, but because they are protein. And the cattlemen and those that have stock will have trouble feedin them. The price of meat will.. forget it, that's why they are coming up with a new synthetic meat.. I'm not eating it.
I got wheat, white flour and cornmeal. A couple big jugs of olive and vegetable oil. Soups, canned veggies, tuna, and whatever I can cram into my pantry. It's starting to overflow, so I may have to clean out a closet and start boxing things up.
And it's not because I don't have faith that God will provide for me.
My concern is for all those people rolling their eyes that say it's a conspiracy theory.
They are going to be hungry. The food pantries will run low. And if I can share what I have with those who don't have, or didn't "prepare"
then all the glory to God for giving me the ability to do some stocking and giving fair warning.

I been telling my dad for months now this was coming. And he's just been like.. yeah, yeah..
and then they started talking about it on the news.
So he asked me the other day when I went to drop off his mail if I would hit the market on the way over and pick up a few things.
He told me his girl likes to bake a lot, so maybe some flour and sugar and some chocolate bits.
So I got 10lbs of flour, 10 lbs of sugar. 8 bags of bits (semisweet, butterscotch, white, and dark chocolate)
A big can of crisco, vanilla, honey, maple syrup, a big box of Bisquick, and I don't know what else.
He gave me the money.. $200 worth and asked me to do it again the next time I go over.

Chocolate has zinc and dark chocolate is good for you. Everything in moderation.

3 bags of groceries. And 1 of those bags had the flour and the sugar in it... $200.
Things are going to get very expensive and scarce. Don't panic buy. Just pick up some extra here and there that will keep.
If you have to put things in plastic containers to keep bugs and critters out, consider this too.
You don't want to attract ants and roaches, and mealy bugs in the flour.

I believe we will be alright until fall. Because we are still living off of last years crops.
I think it will become noticable come fall, when this years spring and summer crops hit a brick wall due to the cost of fuel for the farm eauipment, and ferilizers for the crops.

But the bible says, that God is going to cause the earth to have it's sabbaths, because we overwork and abuse the land.
And maybe that time is why we are experiencing what we are.
But we are also seeing the "signs" that this is coming, and God has allowed us time to prepare.
If not for ourselves then for our neighbors.

They sure are stubborn too..lol
Hugs

Reactions: Scott Downey

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why do people do anything like go to school, go to university, get trained for a job...it is for their future benefit.
We are told not to worry about the future and that is correct.
BUT your a hypocrite if you go to schools and train for a job to prepare for your future to get the money to buy the things you need, if you then say what some poster here is saying that they refuse to do anything to work for their future because that is what Christ taught. And then say, I am not going to prepare for a potential issue with not being able to buy the things I will be needing in the future.

Ok, so if they refuse to work for it, then neither let them eat of it.
I mean why bother doing anything at all, just do nothing, live on the kindness of the government welfare, bread and circuses like the poor of Rome did thousands of years ago.
Government welfare go ahead, when you could have worked and prepared for your future, be an extreme burden to the others who do contribute. Then they have denied the faith of Christ and are worse than an unbeliever.

1 Timothy 5:8
But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you think Jospeh was wrong to storehouse food for the coming hard times?

Maybe you should ask Jesus about this matter. I was only quoting what HE said.

In the mean time, continue with your worrying and store up food to your hearts content and be like this man:

“Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry. But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?” (Luke 12:19-20)

Carry on.