Joe Biden just promised real food shortages in Europe and the U.S. due to Russian sanctions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, I been stocking up on rice and all kinds of beans. Dried beans, canned beans. Not because I like beans, but because they are protein. And the cattlemen and those that have stock will have trouble feedin them. The price of meat will.. forget it, that's why they are coming up with a new synthetic meat.. I'm not eating it.
I got wheat, white flour and cornmeal. A couple big jugs of olive and vegetable oil. Soups, canned veggies, tuna, and whatever I can cram into my pantry. It's starting to overflow, so I may have to clean out a closet and start boxing things up.
And it's not because I don't have faith that God will provide for me.
My concern is for all those people rolling their eyes that say it's a conspiracy theory.
They are going to be hungry. The food pantries will run low. And if I can share what I have with those who don't have, or didn't "prepare"
then all the glory to God for giving me the ability to do some stocking and giving fair warning.

I been telling my dad for months now this was coming. And he's just been like.. yeah, yeah..
and then they started talking about it on the news.
So he asked me the other day when I went to drop off his mail if I would hit the market on the way over and pick up a few things.
He told me his girl likes to bake a lot, so maybe some flour and sugar and some chocolate bits.
So I got 10lbs of flour, 10 lbs of sugar. 8 bags of bits (semisweet, butterscotch, white, and dark chocolate)
A big can of crisco, vanilla, honey, maple syrup, a big box of Bisquick, and I don't know what else.
He gave me the money.. $200 worth and asked me to do it again the next time I go over.

Chocolate has zinc and dark chocolate is good for you. Everything in moderation.

3 bags of groceries. And 1 of those bags had the flour and the sugar in it... $200.
Things are going to get very expensive and scarce. Don't panic buy. Just pick up some extra here and there that will keep.
If you have to put things in plastic containers to keep bugs and critters out, consider this too.
You don't want to attract ants and roaches, and mealy bugs in the flour.

I believe we will be alright until fall. Because we are still living off of last years crops.
I think it will become noticable come fall, when this years spring and summer crops hit a brick wall due to the cost of fuel for the farm eauipment, and ferilizers for the crops.

But the bible says, that God is going to cause the earth to have it's sabbaths, because we overwork and abuse the land.
And maybe that time is why we are experiencing what we are.
But we are also seeing the "signs" that this is coming, and God has allowed us time to prepare.
If not for ourselves then for our neighbors.

They sure are stubborn too..lol
Hugs

I would not eat that either dear sister . synthetic meat . It aint the way the LORD made it . Let us simply
eat the foods that grow of the ground and meats that have not been tampered with .
That sounds nasty sister . synthetic meat sounds foul .

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do people do anything like go to school, go to university, get trained for a job...

Why, why, why…

This scripture is not for everyone, OBVIOUSLY:

“Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek, for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.” (Matthew 6:31-32)

But to those who find this scripture bizarre, the Lord says:

“All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given.” (Matthew 19:11)

It’s given to me and men like me who have faith.

Have a nice day!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet God cares for the sparrow . Worry not over the morrow . Simply have all hope in the LORD .
The BBB is simply building the beast system now . And we were warned of hard times , specially near the end .
THE LORD is with the lambs . HE is our hope and HE is our salvation .
And the lambs will take care of other lambs who lack as well . THE LORD works through His own .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why, why, why…

This scripture is not for everyone, OBVIOUSLY:

“Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.” (Matthew 6:31-32)

But to those who find this scripture bizarre, the Lord says:

“All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given.” (Matthew 19:11)

It’s given to me and men like me who have faith.

Have a nice day!
Its given to all . All things the glorious LORD taught IS for the good of the church .
Ps , when JESUS told peter not all men can recieve this saying
HE was talking about BEING a eunach . PETER had said to HIM , LORD if this be the case with the wife ,
then its GOOD NOT TO MARRY . JESUS was simply answering Him according to that .
And not all men can refrain from marriage , only they to whom it is given .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its given to all . All things the glorious LORD taught IS for the good of the church .
Ps , when JESUS told peter not all men can recieve this saying
HE was talking about BEING a eunach

The principle taught by Jesus about not all men receiving his saying can be applied to everything he said.

Remember this:

“I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.” (John 17:14)

Many so called Christians are worldly and concern them selves too much with its affairs. Paul said:

“No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.” (2 Timothy 2:4)

Reactions: marks

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I know some of you don't appreciate the word of the LORD when it is taught from the OT.
Genesis 12, Abraham went down into Egypt as there was a famine in the land which God had promised to him.
This was of God to increase the wealth of Abraham and to also keep his household, herds, and flocks alive so they would not starve.
Abraham being a God directed man and following the Lord did not show a lack of faith in going down to Egypt. And as a sign, for God has said, Out of Egypt I have called my son.

But can you read the signs of the times today, some I seriously doubt this.

Matthew 16:2-4
New King James Version
2 He answered and said to them, “When it is evening you say, ‘It will be fair weather, for the sky is red’; 3 and in the morning, ‘It will be foul weather today, for the sky is red and threatening.’ Hypocrites! You know how to discern the face of the sky, but you cannot discern the signs of the times.

Genesis 12
Abram in Egypt
7 Then the Lord appeared to Abram and said, “To your descendants I will give this land.” And there he built an altar to the Lord, who had appeared to him. 8 And he moved from there to the mountain east of Bethel, and he pitched his tent with Bethel on the west and Ai on the east; there he built an altar to the Lord and called on the name of the Lord. 9 So Abram journeyed, going on still toward the South.
10 Now there was a famine in the land, and Abram went down to Egypt to dwell there, for the famine was severe in the land.

Luke 21
The Signs of the Times and the End of the Age
7 So they asked Him, saying, “Teacher, but when will these things be? And what sign will there be when these things are about to take place?”

8 And He said: “Take heed that you not be deceived. For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am He,’ and, ‘The time has drawn near.’ Therefore do not go after them. 9 But when you hear of wars and commotions, do not be terrified; for these things must come to pass first, but the end will not come immediately.”

10 Then He said to them, “Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. 11 And there will be great earthquakes in various places, and famines and pestilences; and there will be fearful sights and great signs from heaven.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“There is no king saved by the multitude of an host: a mighty man is not delivered by much strength. An horse is a vain thing for safety: neither shall he deliver any by his great strength. Behold, the eye of the LORD is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy; To deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine. Our soul waiteth for the LORD: he is our help and our shield.” (Psalms 33:16-20)

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know some of you don't appreciate the word of the LORD when it is taught from the OT.

I do appreciate the Old Testament:

“There is no king saved by the multitude of an host: a mighty man is not delivered by much strength. An horse is a vain thing for safety: neither shall he deliver any by his great strength. Behold, the eye of the LORD is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy; To deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine. Our soul waiteth for the LORD: he is our help and our shield.” (Psalms 33:16-20)

What does YOUR soul wait for?

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hypocrites, Christ taught, can not discern the signs of the times in which they live.
They can not follow through with the proper response, and they dont end up taking care of their household.
Paul teaches us they have denied the faith and are worse than an unbeliever.

Abaraham who did discern the signs of the times, could only do so as God was with Him, and he took care of his household, and made certain their needs were met in the severe famine of the promised land of that time, as did Joseph after him.
As all godly people will.

The rest willl mock.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
they dont end up taking care of their household

I have a job and provide the daily needs of my family.

You’re speaking of laying up an inordinate amount of supplies for fear of something God hasn’t told you anything about. You seem to be influenced by what men are saying about food shortages blah, blah.

I worry about this days needs; as for the future, I prefer to do this:

“seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” (Matthew 6:33)

Don’t be mad because I have faith in this scripture.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Romans 4:16
Therefore it is of faith that it might be according to grace, so that the promise might be sure to all the seed, not only to those who are of the law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all

Do you understand that godly faith produces results, tangible, touchable, evidentiary things happen in the world due to the exercise of a God given faith.
Hebrews 11
New King James Version
1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
2 For by it the elders obtained a good testimony.

The entire chapter of Hebrews 11 on faith produced results, they worked, and good things happened, none of them just sat around doing nothing.
Those who refuse to work, neither shall they eat.
Sowing and reaping is of God. What you sow, you shall reap.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The principle taught by Jesus about not all men receiving his saying can be applied to everything he said.

Remember this:

“I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.” (John 17:14)

Many so called Christians are worldly and concern them selves too much with its affairs. Paul said:

“No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.” (2 Timothy 2:4)
The lambs of the shepard heed and love his word . But many have flooded within christendom who love not His word .
And these are wolves in sheeps clothing my friend .
WHEN GOD changed me , HE gave me NEW DESIRES , a new heart that loves truth .
JESUS well said , He who loves me would keep my sayings , but he who LOVES ME NOT , well they twist and omit them .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hypocrites, Christ taught, can not discern the signs of the times in which they live.
They can not follow through with the proper response, and they dont end up taking care of their household.
Paul teaches us they have denied the faith and are worse than an unbeliever.

Abaraham who did discern the signs of the times, could only do so as God was with Him, and he took care of his household, and made certain their needs were met in the severe famine of the promised land of that time, as did Joseph after him.
As all godly people will.

The rest willl mock.
Yes indeed my friend . A lamb loveth the words of our LORD and is a hearer and a doer of those words .
Having the Holy Ghost within them that has put that LOVE upon their hearts .
But many , are as i once was ........they could lip the NAME but loved darkness .
Today men can predict an eclipse , they can predict weather patterns and such
but cannot discern the signs of the times . But a LAMB can . CAUSE a lamb HAS the SPIRIT
and GOD has given them discernment and great love for the truth of the words of our glorious Lord
and the beauty of those scriptures upon our hearts . Many truly do not know what i speak of .
I do not condemn them , they condmen themselves when they continually resist
and twist the sayings of JESUS and all things HE did teach .
THAT is the key . Ye shall a know a lamb by whose voice it heeds . AND IT WOULD HEED and embrace all things
GOD inspired , Christ taught and the apostels taught . IN other words
a lamb has no taste for the precepts of men who have tuaght and twisted the things of GOD .
My advice to all , we better Well KNOW what JESUS we follow . WE better well learn our bibles .
For many are in grave and deadly danger , and thus i have come to remind the peoples , GET BACK in THOSE BIBLES
and LEARN that JESUS , learn what those apostels wrote , LEARN it all and embrace it all .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a job and provide the daily needs of my family.

You’re speaking of laying up an inordinate amount of supplies for fear of something God hasn’t told you anything about. You seem to be influenced by what men are saying about food shortages blah, blah.

I worry about this days needs; as for the future, I prefer to do this:

“seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” (Matthew 6:33)

Don’t be mad because I have faith in this scripture.
THE LORD is IN control . We have all we need IN CHRIST .
Even in a cave and on the run , with no job , persecuted and hunted
lacking all material things of this world . STILL i would have ALL , FOR JESUS IS OUR ALL .
AND as a child we must simply TRUST HIM at HIS EVERY WORD .
And HE DID say , NOT to worry what ye shall eat or what ye shall wear
GOD feeds the birds , HE WILL take care of you . SEEK YE THE KINGDOM OF GOD and HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS
and all these things will be added to you .
And i KNOW JESUS CANNOT LIE . TAKE HIM at HIS WORD . HAVE FAITH IN WHAT HE TAUGHT .
FOR GOD cannot LIE , JESUS CANNOT LIE . AND IF HE SAID worry not , WHY WORRY ONE BIT .
And i gotta tell ya , THIS HAS GIVEN MY GREAT PEACE OF MIND . YES INDEED
HE whose MIND is STAYED ON THE LORD , HAS GREAT PEACE . MANY know not what i speak about .
THUS my call remains the same , GET into those bibles and start learning JESUS for ourselves .
FOr many pastors have not truth faith , and many leaders have sold out for a lie .
BUT GOD is with the lambs . AND THEIR TRUST shall BE IN HIM , IN HE WHO GOD DID SEND .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 4:16
Therefore it is of faith that it might be according to grace, so that the promise might be sure to all the seed, not only to those who are of the law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all

Do you understand that godly faith produces results, tangible, touchable, evidentiary things happen in the world due to the exercise of a God given faith.
Hebrews 11
New King James Version
1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
2 For by it the elders obtained a good testimony.

The entire chapter of Hebrews 11 on faith produced results, they worked, and good things happened, none of them just sat around doing nothing.
Those who refuse to work, neither shall they eat.
Sowing and reaping is of God. What you sow, you shall reap.
Scott it sounds like to me , you have sat under some of those who taught the power of postive thought .
My advice is , simply TRUST what JESUS TUAGHT .

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, I been stocking up on rice and all kinds of beans. Dried beans, canned beans. Not because I like beans, but because they are protein. And the cattlemen and those that have stock will have trouble feedin them. The price of meat will.. forget it, that's why they are coming up with a new synthetic meat.. I'm not eating it.
I got wheat, white flour and cornmeal. A couple big jugs of olive and vegetable oil. Soups, canned veggies, tuna, and whatever I can cram into my pantry. It's starting to overflow, so I may have to clean out a closet and start boxing things up.
And it's not because I don't have faith that God will provide for me.
My concern is for all those people rolling their eyes that say it's a conspiracy theory.
They are going to be hungry. The food pantries will run low. And if I can share what I have with those who don't have, or didn't "prepare"
then all the glory to God for giving me the ability to do some stocking and giving fair warning.

I been telling my dad for months now this was coming. And he's just been like.. yeah, yeah..
and then they started talking about it on the news.
So he asked me the other day when I went to drop off his mail if I would hit the market on the way over and pick up a few things.
He told me his girl likes to bake a lot, so maybe some flour and sugar and some chocolate bits.
So I got 10lbs of flour, 10 lbs of sugar. 8 bags of bits (semisweet, butterscotch, white, and dark chocolate)
A big can of crisco, vanilla, honey, maple syrup, a big box of Bisquick, and I don't know what else.
He gave me the money.. $200 worth and asked me to do it again the next time I go over.

Chocolate has zinc and dark chocolate is good for you. Everything in moderation.

3 bags of groceries. And 1 of those bags had the flour and the sugar in it... $200.
Things are going to get very expensive and scarce. Don't panic buy. Just pick up some extra here and there that will keep.
If you have to put things in plastic containers to keep bugs and critters out, consider this too.
You don't want to attract ants and roaches, and mealy bugs in the flour.

I believe we will be alright until fall. Because we are still living off of last years crops.
I think it will become noticable come fall, when this years spring and summer crops hit a brick wall due to the cost of fuel for the farm eauipment, and ferilizers for the crops.

But the bible says, that God is going to cause the earth to have it's sabbaths, because we overwork and abuse the land.
And maybe that time is why we are experiencing what we are.
But we are also seeing the "signs" that this is coming, and God has allowed us time to prepare.
If not for ourselves then for our neighbors.

They sure are stubborn too..lol
Hugs

We have stocked for about a year and are now living off it. We are blessed with a freezer and loaded with meats when we could get hamburg for $1.99/lb. and boneless chicken breast and thigh for .69/.79 cents a pound. We have almost no grocery bill now and are setting our gorcery budget aside so when we have to replenish something at a much higher price- we still will not have to over spend our budget!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let us stock up in our hearts every Word of JESUS . Trusting in the glorious Lord .
My budget is in HIM . HE will look out for the lambs . Though hard times come
and the land shall mourn and lack , the LORD is with the lambs and shall sustain us through it all .
Why worry over the morrow when the morrow might not even come .
Let us store up , stock up , every word of the LORD on our hearts and in our minds .
And watch all fear , fade away as all peace enters the mind . Now let all that draws breath praise the glorious LORD .

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe you should ask Jesus about this matter. I was only quoting what HE said.

In the mean time, continue with your worrying and store up food to your hearts content and be like this man:

“Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry. But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?” (Luke 12:19-20)

Carry on.

Who said I was worrying? I am just preparing.

And as you do not even understand that passage, your intent is irrelevant.

And do not prepare for hard times that you know are coming. when you cannot afford to feed your family- please do not go knocking on another's door because you misunderstood the Scriptures.

If I know a massive rain is coming, I will snadbag my doors and windows if need be and if I see food shortages and massive price increases coming, I will buy food now to spend less and have supplies of things that are running out.

go take a look at several grocery stores in your area and look. See what the pasta sections look like! Then go find a mature believer and have them teach you these Scriptures.