Joel Osteen is extraordinarily amazing!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
These are the things I like about Joel Osteen:
I like how when his mother was sick from cancer, he told us that she prayed something like "I will live and not die" "Long life will satisfy me" even though she was told she only had a few weeks to live and now she is still living until 90 years of age.
I like how he said that God will give "beauty for ashes" which it says in the bible, the Word of God.
I like how he shared that he didn't imagine he will win the Compact Centre he is now preaching in but they did and I believe there were other things he shared.
I like how he shared he didn't think he would be a preacher when he was working behind the scenes but here he is now.
He is a so-called prosperity preacher but I think that's just his style, to lift people up. He is so positive and uplifting and good at talking about how God works.
He truly believes in God's Word that if we give, we will get back so when I was in a really difficult time, I had his inspiring, insightful mails delivered to my house and it didn't stop until I asked for it so he is not a fake.

Reactions: marks and Debp

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Even before someone complains, let me just say that I think the Lord, likes his style of preaching.

He loves the Lord and shows you what you can do with your faith, which is better than just assuming it is all just going to come to you - you have a responsibility to remain in faith, until your faith is able to grow.

To be fair, I think sometimes Mr Osteen is a little bit "light on" when it comes to consequences, but if all you fear is what is going to happen, where does that get you? (better to exercise faith where you can, as Mr Osteen shows).

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like how when his mother was sick from cancer, he told us that she prayed something like "I will live and not die" "Long life will satisfy me" even though she was told she only had a few weeks to live and now she is still living until 90 years of age.
I like how he said that God will give "beauty for ashes" which it says in the bible, the Word of God.
I like how he shared that he didn't imagine he will win the Compact Centre he is now preaching in but they did and I believe there were other things he shared.
I like how he shared he didn't think he would be a preacher when he was working behind the scenes but here he is now.
He is a so-called prosperity preacher but I think that's just his style, to lift people up. He is so positive and uplifting and good at talking about how God works.
He truly believes in God's Word that if we give, we will get back so when I was in a really difficult time, I had his inspiring, insightful mails delivered to my house and it didn't stop until I asked for it so he is not a fake.

Attachments

• Doh.jpg
    Doh.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 0

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Osteen is a very charismatic Humanist who is very adept at working positive affirmation mantras. He also is well known for his creative imagination as he relates false narratives seemingly about real people who happen to reflect his current message of the day.

His organization brings in over a million dollars every day he opens.

Very lucrative.As his lifestyle shows.

knothead

Sep 29, 2023
Tn
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you agree with him and Oprah that there is more than one way to heaven. He stated he believes there is more than one way to heaven on live Oprah show.
John 14:6
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Acts 4:12
12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My cousin, Rachel, suffered terribly from oral cancer and went through many treatments and surgeries. Eventually she had no tongue, was disfigured, could not eat, lived on Ensure. Some people in her town would laugh at her.

She listened to Osteen's sermons and the encouragement helped her tremendously to keep living. She had a strong desire to raise her son which she also managed to do. She lived longer than any doctors expected.

Sometimes people are in a circumstance where Osteen's type of preaching can help them along in their difficulties. Afterwards we hope they will grow more spiritually, of course, and learn more about the Bible's fuller message.

He does point people to Christ as their Savior. Also, he encourages them to seek out a Bible believing church which is good!

He does say that he has no seminary training so perhaps that is why he concentrates on a particular type of preaching.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He does point people to Christ as their Savior.

But he fails to teach people that they need to make Jesus their LORD!

As in being obedient to the Lord.

His church has a lot of "gay christians" in it as they teach being gay is OK and that is in direct opposition to what God's Word teaches.

Ultimately they teach once saved always saved to make people believe they will be saved even if they continue living in their sin... it's the "security in sin" gospel which is not biblical.

He's not really a gospel preacher... he's a motivational speaker then mentions Jesus every now and again as he makes millions off of Christians buying his stuff

Always

Oct 23, 2023
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even before someone complains, let me just say that I think the Lord, likes his style of preaching.

He loves the Lord and shows you what you can do with your faith, which is better than just assuming it is all just going to come to you - you have a responsibility to remain in faith, until your faith is able to grow.

To be fair, I think sometimes Mr Osteen is a little bit "light on" when it comes to consequences, but if all you fear is what is going to happen, where does that get you? (better to exercise faith where you can, as Mr Osteen shows).
Everyone has a different calling on their life, God may have called him simply to give hope to the hopeless, I enjoy listening to Pastor Osteen

Reactions: Debp

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Osteen is a very charismatic Humanist who is very adept at working positive affirmation mantras. He also is well known for his creative imagination as he relates false narratives seemingly about real people who happen to reflect his current message of the day.

His organization brings in over a million dollars every day he opens.

Very lucrative.As his lifestyle shows.
very accurate indeed my friend .

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone has a different calling on their life, God may have called him simply to give hope to the hopeless, I enjoy listening to Pastor Osteen

For those that are not interested in accuracy and hearing what God's Word actually teaches... at least he appears to be polite, has a nice speaking voice, and he dresses well.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Always

Oct 23, 2023
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For those that are not interested in accuracy and hearing what God's Word actually teaches... at least he appears to be polite, has a nice speaking voice, and he dresses well.
Each of us have the responsibility of studying to show ourselves approved, politeness, speaking ability, and appearance helps, however a belief in Jesus/Yeshua is mandatory, I have never heard him deny him....

Reactions: Debp and marks

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never heard him deny him....

Teaching things that are in opposition to God's Word... is not acceptable to the Lord.

He's got a lot of error in his teaching, but as long as accuracy doesn't matter and he makes people feel good, then that's what really matters to them which is why many go for feeling good rather than accuracy

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My dad was raised Southern Baptist and while he was taught eternal security, he said that the preachers always made him feel like he hadn't been sincere in his repentance when he first believed and so he was constantly tormented as to whether he should doubt his faith and be reconciled and re-baptized over and over to the point that he couldn't even stand to look at the inside of a church (this is a situation that most Christians today could hardly believe or even imagine—I remember very well the mid-20th-century, fire-and-brimstone preachers from the hills of east Tennessee; some of them would have passed for demon-possessed). He's always held onto the belief that he was somehow saved but today he can only stand to listen to Osteen preach. I'm grateful for that, and I enjoy listening to him once in a while myself, although I couldn't say we're in agreement on very much.

Reactions: Debp and Always

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Teaching things that are in opposition to God's Word... is not acceptable to the Lord.

He's got a lot of error in his teaching, but as long as accuracy doesn't matter and he makes people feel good, then that's what really matters to them which is why many go for feeling good rather than accuracy
That indeed is the problem with so very many today. all they want to hear is what they call positive feel good messages .
To them the word of GOD itself is NOT a postive message at all . New age secular humanism motiviational men
have just about taken over the realm .
IF we truly want to know whether its the LOVE that comes FROM GOD that we do embrace
THEN DO THIS SIMPLE TEST .
Go into the all inclusive love churches who always often talk about love and tolerance .
They embrace just about anything and everything these days . CEPT ONE THING .
TRY brining in biblical doctrine that exposes sin , THEN SEE what they say . Watch how fast they change
watch how they treat the very WORDS of GOD and those who bring them . THEN You gonna see
and understand , the sensual love of the world IS NOT compatible nor will it agree with GOD . ITS ENMITY WITH GOD .
YOU try correct certain sins and errors in the church and you watch how they treat YOU and HIS WORDS .
See many are under the sway of this carnal mind wordly love , THEY THINK its the LOVE OF GOD
but when GODS own words are brought to the table , YOUGONNNA SEEE THEIR TEETH of upmost rebellion .
PS , do not expect TOLERANCE or love from them At all either .

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That indeed is the problem with so very many today. all they want to hear is what they call positive feel good messages .

Not everyone has been coddled all their lives. Some have had their brows beaten very thoroughly.

I was a prime candidate for the rebellion that often results from overbearing authority.

In fact, I took a short stroll down that path.

I'm glad someone risked getting a little dirty to pull me out.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not everyone has been coddled all their lives. Some have had their brows beaten very thoroughly.

I was a prime candidate for the rebellion that often results from overbearing authority.

In fact, I took a short stroll down that path.

I'm glad someone risked getting a little dirty to pull me out.

You messages always have a deconstuction type attached . Brow beaten is a word often used among
the seeker friendly . I see it in you my friend . THOUGH i dont think you are false . BUT WATCH out
cause once one is heading in that direction it will TAKE THEM RIGHT TO THE GRAVE .
PS , JOEL osteen is false . And people DO sit under exactly what their hearts desire . EITHER feel good new age prosperity inclusive
messages , OR in the case of lambs they sit under truth and test everything against biblical truth .
Overbearing authority . I aint seen no church even like that in decades . RATHER they just push and pander to the emotions
of what makes the crowd FEEL GOOD so CROWD will GO to their church and FATTEN UP THEIR PURSE STRINGS .
I wonder how harsh a BROW BEATER you would call paul for what he WROTE to the corinthian church
heck i aint even warned half that serious about sin as HE DID . Just a reminder .