In loving memory of Charles Stanley

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Charles Stanley passed away this year at a long-lived age of 90 but I knew him a little over 10 years ago and I think he is extraordinarily amazing and that Charles Stanley and Joel Osteen complement each other.
I like how Charles Stanley shared how he fell on the stairs one day and didn't fall on his head but he was unable to walk for a while and he said that he didn't slow down with God and knew that God was telling him to slow down and have some rest.
I love how he shares his message backed up by scripture. He is also very insightful and helpful and his messages are always so day-to-day living messages!!
I recall there was more about Charles Stanley and Joel Osteen but I haven't watched them much recently.

• Sad
Reactions: Chains Broken

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Were you aware that he taught things that are in opposition to what God's Word teaches?

In his book, Eternal Security, Stanley says

"Even if a believer for all practical purposes becomes an unbeliever, his salvation is not in jeopardy” (Chapter 10, p. 93)

Christ will not deny an unbelieving Christian his or her salvation because to do so would be to deny Himself” (p. 94).

Believers who lose or abandon their faith will retain their salvation, for God remains faithful” (p. 94)

He actually taught one can be a "gay christian" and still go to Heaven proving he is a false teacher!

Here's a video where you can see video of Charlies saying this (just a few minutes into the video)

In this video, Gnarly Charlie says he's proud of Andy and supports him after heresy charges

Can a Person Live a Life of Sin and Remain Saved? (Charles says yes!)

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was saddened to hear of his passing. I enjoyed watching his sermons when I happened upon them while channel surfing.

Reactions: Chains Broken

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So you enjoy listening to preachers that are in opposition to what God's Word teaches?

Seems like that would be a problem.
the ONLY thing that I didn't agree with Charles Stanley is about the eternal security. Everything else is extraordinarily amazing! I appreciate you pointing out what's wrong though.

Reactions: marks

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Therein lies the problem with following men... we can easily get caught up in what they say rather than what the Lord says in His Word.

As a young Christian I was following a few of the well known preachers and as I grew in the Lord I learned that they were all false teachers and it hurt back then to have to admit I had been duped.

Of course I was still learning and growing and had not learned much yet which is how I got duped in to thinking these guys were great ministers of the Gospel!

As I grew I learned that God's Word is correct and right and I should compare what preachers (and other Christians) say to God's Word... and if what is being said does not agree with God's Word then throw what they say out and keep God's Word.

No matter how sincere someone seems to be or how well spoken or how many followers they may have... they did not hang on the Cross for us, and they aren't the one's who decide who gets in to Heaven and who doesn't... all judgement has been turned over to the Son (Jesus) - John 5:22

Jesus is our Teacher, thru the Holy Ghost, based on God's written Word - the oracles of God.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Charles Stanley passed away this year at a long-lived age of 90 but I knew him a little over 10 years ago and I think he is extraordinarily amazing and that Charles Stanley and Joel Osteen complement each other.
I like how Charles Stanley shared how he fell on the stairs one day and didn't fall on his head but he was unable to walk for a while and he said that he didn't slow down with God and knew that God was telling him to slow down and have some rest.
I love how he shares his message backed up by scripture. He is also very insightful and helpful and his messages are always so day-to-day living messages!!
I recall there was more about Charles Stanley and Joel Osteen but I haven't watched them much recently.
I liked Charles (on TV) way back in the old days.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to listen to Rev. Stanley's In Touch radio program on my way to work. (We had a really good local Christian Radio station.) I was okay with him theologically, but his style and delivery was ... irritating. If you keep telling me "Listen!" when I'm already listening, I'm going to stop listening. And eventually I did.