John Calvin and Calvinism.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said. No one needs Calvin. Nobody needs a single word from Calvin. We have everything that Calvin had and MORE. He is nothing more than a carnal man.
And again, you seem to think my theology comes from Calvin. That's your first problem. It doesn't. It comes from the Bible. So quit playing that game.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't mind talking about Armininus.

Do you ever think about the counterargument to anything you say? If you did, you might not make such sloppy arguments.

To be clear. Calvin was nothing more than a carnal man. A man far too young and inexperienced to write anything about God. Much less publish something you're extoling as being equal with Truth.
Show me where I have brought up Arminius....

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And again, you seem to think my theology comes from Calvin. That's your first problem. It doesn't. It comes from the Bible. So quit playing that game.

1. Does you theology match Calvin's or not?
2. Did you get what you believe by learning from Calvin or before you learned of Calvin?

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show me where I have brought up Arminius....

If I go looking for it, will you admit you're wrong? If not, then I'm not going to waste my time.

Point being.... you make arguments that are equally true of most anyone. Thusly, they are empty arguments. You criticize me for talking about long dead man when you do the same yourself.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heres a question for all you calvin haters out there. Suppose God sent an angel to tell the world that calvinism was indeed Biblical.
1. Would that change your mind?
2. Would it change how you viewed God?
3. Would it change how you live your life?

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heres a question for all you calvin haters out there. Suppose God sent an angel to tell the world that calvinism was indeed Biblical.
1. Would that change your mind?
2. Would it change how you viewed God?
3. Would it change how you live your life?

1. Are you hiring angels? Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
2. Truth changes people. Everyone that has ever accepted truth, changes.
3. Calvin never changed a word he wrote over dozens of years. That, itself, is the sign of pride.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. Are you hiring angels? Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
2. Truth changes people. Everyone that has ever accepted truth, changes.
3. Calvin never changed a word he wrote over dozens of years. That, itself, is the sign of pride.

soooooo im gonna put you down as a “will never stop hating calvinism.”

Reactions: reformed1689

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I go looking for it, will you admit you're wrong? If not, then I'm not going to waste my time.

Point being.... you make arguments that are equally true of most anyone. Thusly, they are empty arguments. You criticize me for talking about long dead man when you do the same yourself.
I will admit if I am wrong, but I am fairly confident I have never brought up Arminius.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. Does you theology match Calvin's or not?
2. Did you get what you believe by learning from Calvin or before you learned of Calvin?
1. No, my theology does not 100% match Calvin, and I would say that would be true for anyone who is Reformed and Baptist. When people talk about Calvinism they really, for the most part, are talking about soteriology, not his entire theology.
2. Yes, I got what I believed before I ready anything from Calvin. I get what I believe straight from Scripture. Personally, I don't call myself a Calvinist as a preferred term. That just lets people know what my theological stance is with regard to salvation.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why should I love Calvinism?

It teaches that some human beings are better than other human beings. God is too good to play favorites with sinners.

pretty sure God played favorites with cain and abel, esau and jacob, joseph and his brothers, the list goes on. Some are chosen by God, others are not. Romans 9 would remind us God can do with us as He pleases.

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
pretty sure God played favorites with cain and abel, esau and jacob, joseph and his brothers, the list goes on. Some are chosen by God, others are not. Romans 9 would remind us God can do with us as He pleases.

That is right. God does as He pleases. Which means that he doesn't have to do what YOU want Him to do either.

God rejected Cain because he hated his brother. Which ironically, is what Calvinism teaches. It teaches people to hate their brothers in Adam.

Why do you hate Abel?

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This upcoming Sunday at my church, our pastor is gonna talk about something very much related to this forum. Heres what he said;
“If you've ever been in a serious conflict, argument, or fight, you know that the moments before the action are full of adrenaline and urgency. Preparing to defend, measuring the actions of others, considering how to escape the situation, and evaluating your options are all part of the process. As we begin briefly looking at the book of Jude, we'll see that this is a letter to a church that is preparing for a fight. False teachers have infiltrated the church, heretical doctrine and theology have been tolerated and propagated, and now Jude exhorts the faithful followers of Christ to fight for the faith that was once delivered. Our introduction to this letter, from Jude 1-2, will be the moments before the fight; that is Jude's instruction on how to prepare for the fight.”

this should be good.

Reactions: marks

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is right. God does as He pleases. Which means that he doesn't have to do what YOU want Him to do either.

God rejected Cain because he hated his brother. Which ironically, is what Calvinism teaches. It teaches people to hate their brothers in Adam.

Why do you hate Abel?
No that is not what Calvinism teaches. That's another strawman argument.

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This upcoming Sunday at my church, our pastor is gonna talk about something very much related to this forum. Heres what he said;
“If you've ever been in a serious conflict, argument, or fight, you know that the moments before the action are full of adrenaline and urgency. Preparing to defend, measuring the actions of others, considering how to escape the situation, and evaluating your options are all part of the process. As we begin briefly looking at the book of Jude, we'll see that this is a letter to a church that is preparing for a fight. False teachers have infiltrated the church, heretical doctrine and theology have been tolerated and propagated, and now Jude exhorts the faithful followers of Christ to fight for the faith that was once delivered. Our introduction to this letter, from Jude 1-2, will be the moments before the fight; that is Jude's instruction on how to prepare for the fight.”

this should be good.

Well. Be sure to give him your money and tell others you're serving God. You might as well pay him. He is believing for you.