John Calvin and Calvinism.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL!

giphy.gif

My goodness. Grace and peace to you, Renniks.
When Calvinists have no rebuttal, they often resort to some kind of silliness.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Calvinists have no rebuttal, they often resort to some kind of silliness.
No, but only when those rebuttals have been either ignored or mistakenly contradicted in the same iron-headed, tired, unthinking ways so many times.

Grace and peace to you.

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This literally makes no sense. You are in way over your head here.

How so.... Please actually do some type of post that shows how very wrong I AM... Something that supports your view...
I AM waiting for your response...

The Chosen one... awaits you silly child...
Paul

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just a question.

Then stop asking questions and respond to the scripture... that you don't understand... OMG... How many people post on scripture that they do not understand... then like you expect others to do their Job.... I'm not your Wife dude!!!

Just ask your wife... why post here???
Paul

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then stop asking questions and respond to the scripture... that you don't understand... OMG... How many people post on scripture that they do not understand... then like you expect others to do their Job.... I'm not your Wife dude!!!

Just ask your wife... why post here???
Paul

I post because this is a open discussion forum. Why you post here?

I know you're not my wife. Talking about "stating the obvious"....

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, good grief! The schizophrenia God!

I think PinSeeker.... He needs a God that is weak and not in control.... Surly not one whom claims....

NASB Pro 16:1 The plans of the heart belong to man, But the answer of the tongue is from the LORD.
CEV Pro 16:1 We humans make plans, but the LORD has the final word.

Let's dig deeper...

NASB Pro 16:9 The mind of man plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps.

CEV Pro 16:9 We make our own plans, but the LORD decides where we will go.

NASB Pro 20:24 Man's steps are ordained by the LORD, How then can man understand his way?

Pro 20:24 The steps of a person73 are ordained by74 the LORD — so how can anyone75 understand his own way?

Pro 20:24
73 tn Heb "the steps of a man"; but "man" is the noun גֶּבֶר (gever, in pause), indicating an important, powerful person. BDB 149-50 s.v. suggests it is used of men in their role of defending women and children; if that can be validated, then a translation of "man" would be appropriate here. But the line seems to have a wider, more general application. The "steps" represent (by implied comparison) the course of life (cf. NLT "the road we travel").
74 tn Heb "from the LORD"; NRSV "ordered by the Lord"; NIV "directed by the Lord."
sn To say that one's steps are ordained by the LORD means that one's course of actions, one's whole life, is divinely prepared and sovereignly superintended (e.g., Gen_50:26; Pro_3:6). Ironically, man is not actually in control of his own steps.
75 tn The verse uses an independent nominative absolute to point up the contrast between the mortal and the immortal: "and man, how can he understand his way?" The verb in the sentence would then be classified as a potential imperfect; and the whole question rhetorical. It is affirming that humans cannot understand very much at all about their lives.

NASB Jer 10:23 I know, O LORD, that a man's way is not in himself, Nor is it in a man who walks to direct his steps.

Net Jer 10:23 LORD, we know that people do not control their own destiny. It is not in their power to determine what will happen to them.

CEV Jer 10:23 I know, LORD, that we humans are not in control of our own lives.

Just like Jer 10:23 They don't see this either....

NASB Act 13:48 When the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord; and as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.

CEV Act 13:48 This message made the Gentiles glad, and they praised what they had heard about the Lord. Everyone who had been chosen for eternal life then put their faith in the Lord.

Everything is about Traditions of Men.... Never about the truth! So PinSeeker and reformed 1689.... when you wake up after your death... Do not worry... The Pond of fire you find yourself.... is for your benefit.... It will not be forever....

Rev 20:10 And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake (G3041) of fire and brimstone

Strongs
G3041
λίμνη
limnē
lim'-nay
Probably from G3040 (through the idea of the nearness of shore); a pond (large or small): - lake.

Why is Sulfur a purifying agent in the Pond of fire???

You don't care... much less understand what has just been posted!!!
Paul

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I post because this is a open discussion forum. Why you post here?

I know you're not my wife. Talking about "stating the obvious"....

Let's review.... Respond with scripture on what you disagree? Not what you heard from the traditions of men... You just claimed universalism... that does not make my point! Tell me why you think I support universalism with this past post???? as you claim??? Is God exposing something you see?

I do know the Scriptures.... Have you read these???

Rom 11:32 For God has consigned all to disobedience, that he may have mercy on all.

1Jo 2:2 and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.

Propitiation

1. The act of appeasing wrath and conciliating the favor of an offended person; the act of making propitious.

2. In theology, the atonement or atoning sacrifice offered to God to assuage his wrath and render him propitious to sinners. Christ is the propitiation for the sins of men. Rom 3. 1 John 2.

Joh 12:32 "And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw1670 all men to Myself."

Note: “draw 1670 “ in John 12:32 is assigned Strong’s number 1670

ἑλκύω / ἕλκω helkuō / helkō Thayer's Greek-English Lexicon Definition: 1) to draw, drag off.

1Co 15:19 If in this life only we have hoped in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied. 20 But in fact Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For as by a man came death, by a man has come also the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive.

1Ti 4:10 For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers.

Somehow??? These verses in context don't support your view???
Crazy how verses can pop up that you have never seen... You can bet Calvin... never saw them.... His eyes were blind to the truth...He simply could not see... Do you see what's being taught in these verses? No... you do not...

Paul

SO how did you get universalism from my post? I never said a word about the subject.... Are you seeing something God is putting on your heart?
You betray your own beliefs ...
Paul

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't care... much less understand what has just been posted!!!
Paul
I understand how someone can cherry pick verses to make the Bible says things it doesn't actually teach when you read it in context.
So... you believe that God ordained all sin, correct?
You do realize that the Bible says God hates sin, right?
"There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers."

So if you think God is ordaining all these things he hates, you have a schizophrenic god.

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand how someone can cherry pick verses to make the Bible says things it doesn't actually teach when you read it in context.
So... you believe that God ordained all sin, correct?
You do realize that the Bible says God hates sin, right?
"There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers."

So if you think God is ordaining all these things he hates, you have a schizophrenic god.

Then pick a verse I used... and show us the Truth???

Did it ever occur to you when your cherry picked your verse you posted.... "There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers." that it was actually written about YOU???

Come on ... pick one of my verses and show how very wrong I AM... Then explain to us all the true meaning....

Start with this one...
Rom 11:32 For God has consigned all to disobedience, that he may have mercy on all.

I will be waiting...
Paul

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then pick a verse I used... and show us the Truth???

Did it ever occur to you when your cherry picked your verse you posted.... "There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers." that it was actually written about YOU???

Come on ... pick one of my verses and show how very wrong I AM... Then explain to us all the true meaning....

Start with this one...

I will be waiting...
Paul
That's a great verse for Arminians.
Not sure why you chose it?
In Romans 1, Paul described God's reaction to the sinful unbelief of the Gentiles. He gave them up or turned them over to their own sinful desires (Romans 1:24, 26, 28).
In a similar way, God hardened the Israelites after their initial unbelief in Christ for a season.
(Romans 11:25)
Why? So salvation could go out to all.

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a great verse for Arminians.
Not sure why you chose it?
In Romans 1, Paul described God's reaction to the sinful unbelief of the Gentiles. He gave them up or turned them over to their own sinful desires (Romans 1:24, 26, 28).
In a similar way, God hardened the Israelites after their initial unbelief in Christ for a season.
(Romans 11:25)
Why? So salvation could go out to all.

Renniks.... You do know... I did not write Rom 11:32... Granted my name is Paul.... I'm just not that one!

So.... Did the other Paul make great verses for Armenians??? Or are you just confused about what your talking about? o_O

Salvation for all?? Where did that come from??? You have been talking to John now..... Yepp... I can tell!!!

Joh 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

1Jo 2:2 and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.

Propitiation

1. The act of appeasing wrath and conciliating the favor of an offended person; the act of making propitious.

2. In theology, the atonement or atoning sacrifice offered to God to assuage his wrath and render him propitious to sinners. Christ is the propitiation for the sins of men. Rom 3. 1 John 2.

Where are you going with this Renniks? God is love or something?

What shall I say as parting words to you???
Perhaps....1Co 5:5
I have decided to deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of his flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Maybe I'm the other Paul...
;)

Last edited:
Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Update :

If you decide to no longer define yourself as a Catholic, Calvinist, Arminian-ist....or any other " ism" , denomination, or religious creed or cult, then good for you.
As all that will exist in Heaven, are the born again.
There are no denominations in Heaven.
God is not a Baptist, or a Catholic, or a Calvinist, or any of this man made stuff.

Now, go to church, be active in it..... but always go to the one that believes the bible is the final authority, along with the Holy Spirit, and make sure the core doctrine of your "denomination" does not believe that you can lose your salvation or that water baptism or commandment keeping or works, are required for you to go to heaven.
Those are cults that teach that...., and they will ruin your faith, and you wont even know it, as that is how deception operates.