Jonas

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
An overcomer is one who makes the journey all the way from “Egypt” to the “Promised Land.” To do this, he must first leave Egypt. That is, he experiences Passover by placing his faith in Jesus Christ, the “Lamb of God” (John 1:29). In the New Testament, this is called “Justification” (Rom. 4:24). Come on Krissie.Secondly, he experiences Pentecost by being filled with the Holy Spirit. This is a separate experience that begins the process called “Sanctification” (1 Cor. 1:30). This means we are set apart for divine service, and that we begin learning obedience by being led by the Holy Spirit. As a person learns to be led by the Spirit, he learns to hear and obey the voice of God.If he qualifies as a faithful servant, then he is eligible for the third and final festival, Booths, by which he is clothed with the robe of immortality. Every believer will receive this reward eventually, but not everyone will do so at the first resurrection. Most will have to await the second resurrection.Logabe

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I understand what you are saying and even agree with it in essence but I still dont think you are rightly applying the feasts here. They are a picture of the first and second coming

cedarhart

When good men do nothing, evil will triumph.Take a
Nov 17, 2008
NOW he calls out to God!
picture.php

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
Let's talk about the three main feast days...The feast days of Israel prophesy on three levels. Level One is the individual personal level. On this level, the Feast of Passover is fulfilled in us by our justification by faith in the blood of the Lamb. Passover was the feast where the people killed a lamb and put its blood on the door posts and lintel. As Christians, we know that Jesus is the true Lamb of God who fulfilled the type and shadowin His crucifixion at Passover. When we put our faith in His shed blood, we are justified by faith.The Feast of Pentecost is the next step in our walk with God. This is the feast where God begins to write His law upon our hearts, for it was on this day that He first spoke the Ten Commandments to Israel in Exodus 20. Acts 2 gives us the manner of its fulfillment, as the Spirit came upon the disciples in the upper room, and they all heard the voice of God speaking in their own language. Pentecost does not deal with our justification, but with our sanctification. It is the feast wherein we begin to learn obedience and learn how to be led by the Spirit during our sojourn in the wilderness.The Feast of Tabernacles is the final step in our walk with God. This feast gives us the fullness of the Spirit and brings us fully into the promise of perfection in our relationship with Him. These are the three main steps in our spiritual growth and maturity as we grow up into the fullness of the stature of Christ.LogabeLevel Two is the corporate fulfillment in the Church, or the Kingdom of God. On this level we see God's dealings with three Churches, or three stages of the Kingdom on earth. The Passover-level Church, or Kingdom, began with Moses at that first Passover, when Israel came out of Egypt. This first Church is called in Acts 7:38, "the church in the wilderness." This Passover-Age Church ended with Jesus' death on the Cross at Passover about 1,500 years later. It was an era where the Holy Spirit was WITH the people, but not IN them.The second Church is the Pentecostal-Age Church, which began seven weeks after Jesus' resurrection, when the Spirit of God was sent on the day of Pentecost. On this day God renewed the Kingdom by giving it greater power and placing the Holy Spirit within the people. No longer was the temple an external house made of wood and stone. Now the people themselves were the temple of God (1 Cor. 3:16).The Pentecostal Age should have been a time when the Church learned the law of God and how to be led by the voice of the Spirit. Too often, however, the leadership in the various Church factions put away the law and removed from Christians the right to hear God's voice for themselves. In this they followed the example of King Saul, who stood ready to kill his own son, Jonathan, for tasting the sweet honey of the word in the heat of battle. That story is found in 1 Samuel 14. 29 Then Jonathan said, "My father has troubled the land. See now, how my eyes have brightened because I tasted a little of this honey."That chapter is a historical allegory of the Church and well illustrates the problem during many centuries of the Pentecostal Age, when the Church forbade the people to read the Bible or to hear from God any voice that should go contrary to established orthodoxy of the Church.The Kingdom of God in the Pentecostal Age did not bring righteousness to the earth, nor could it, because the Church was given only an earnest of the Spirit. Pentecost itself was a feast wherein God mandated that the firstfruits of the wheat should be baked with leaven. The lesson is clear: Pentecost cannot bring perfection to any individual, nor can its Church bring righteousness into the earth. That promise awaits the third and final feast and its Church, or Kingdom.LogabeLevel Three: The third Church is the Tabernacles Age Church. At the beginning of this age God will pour out the fullness of His Spirit upon the overcomers. They will rule with power in the earth and bring all things under the feet of Jesus Christ. Their ministry will bring righteousness and the fullness of truth into the earth. It will signal the greatest revival the world has ever seen, as the prophets foretell so often. This age, I believe, will last a thousand years, during which time the Kingdom of God will spread until it fills the whole earth. Habakkuk 2:14 tells us,14 For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, As the waters cover the sea.The waters cover 100% of the sea. So also will the knowledge of the God's glory cover the earth. This is the restoration of all things. This is the ultimate plan of God.Even so, this is only the second level of fulfillment for the feast days. The highest level is the creation level. On this level we focus upon the feasts as harvest festivals, wherein God brings three harvests of souls into His "barn." The first harvest is that of the barley company, the overcomers. This occurs at the first resurrection, which John dates at the beginning of the seventh thousand-year period.The wheat harvest, which is the Church in general, will be harvested in the second great appointed time at the Great White Throne judgment. This will occur at the end of the thousand years, or the beginning of the eighth thousand-year period.At this time the unbelievers (grape harvest) will begin to be trodden down in order to cleanse and purify them, so that they too will be fit for the Master's use. The grape harvest will then be harvested at the end of time at the Creation Jubilee. LogabePaul is the only one who actually deals with the three harvests in a single passage. It is found in the great resurrection chapter, 1 Corinthians 15. In the first 21 verses, Paul deals with the importance of believing that Jesus Christ was raised from the dead. He makes it clear that if Jesus was not raised from the dead, then our faith is all in vain, for His resurrection proves that the Spirit of God can indeed raise the dead. On this historic fact our faith hinges.Then from verses 22 through 28 Paul deals with our own resurrections and tells us that there are three classes of people, three "squadrons," who shall be raised at different times in history. These three categories correspond specifically to the three main feast days of Israel. Paul makes this quite clear, as we will see.1. Barley and Wheat HarvestsPaul begins his discussion of the resurrections by a general statement that lets us know where Paul is taking us. He says in 1 Corinthians 15:22, "For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all shall be made alive." This plainly tells us that all are going to be raised in Christ, even as all died in Adam. Next, he tells us HOW this is to be accomplished, and we will see that not all are going to be raised at the same time.23But each in his own order [tagma, or "squadron"]: Christ the first fruits [or, "anointed firstfruits"], after that those who are [the] Christ's at His coming [parousia, "presence"].Most people are agreed that Paul is here talking about two different resurrections. However, most also assume that the first resurrection is that of Jesus, who is the Christ, "The Anointed One." That is why we see it usually translated, "Christ the first fruits." The second resurrection is then taken to refer to all the believers, and no distinction is made between overcomers and the Church in general. We, however, have good reason to differ with this view.Remember, Paul had already concluded his section dealing with the resurrection of Jesus. In verse 22 he turned his attention to OUR OWN resurrections, saying that all of us will be made alive, but each in his own order, or squadron. The Greek word translated "order" in the King James Version is tagma, which is actually a military term, referring to a body of soldiers. Paul is saying that we will be raised in three squadrons.The first squadron is NOT "Christ the firstfruits," as most translators have mistakenly assumed. There are three squadrons, and Jesus is not a squadron, but an individual. It should read the "anointed firstfruits." The Greek word christos means "anointed." Jesus is, of course, THE Christ-that is, "THE Anointed One." But the word christos does not always refer to Jesus. In fact, the word can be applied to anyone or any thing that has been anointed.When the word christos is preceded by the definite article the, it usually refers to THE Christ-that is, to Jesus, who is "the Anointed One." However, when christos is used WITHOUT the definite article, it is indefinite and could refer to people or things that have been anointed and set apart for God's use. Prophets, priests, and kings throughout the Bible were all anointed, or "christened." The vessels of the temple and even Jacob's pillow (Gen. 28:18) were anointed.In 1 Cor. 15:22 the definite article is used in the original Greek, where Paul is talking about Jesus "the Christ," in whom all shall be made alive. Then in verse 23, the is used in the latter part of the verse, but not in the first part. This implies that the verse should have been understood as follows:"But every man in his own squadron: (1) the anointed firstfruits; (2) afterward they that are the Christ's at His presence."Once we realize that Paul was using the theme of Israel's three harvest festivals, his meaning is clear. Paul is here referring to Passover and Pentecost, the harvest of the barley and the wheat. The first "squadron" to be raised from the dead are the barley Overcomers; the second is the Church in general, the wheat harvest.It is important to know that the firstfruits of the barley harvest were to be anointed with oil. Paul is referring to this fact here when he says, "anointed firstfruits." We read of this in Leviticus 23:13. Speaking of the barley firstfruits as distinct from the firstfruits of the wheat harvest, Moses says:13 Its grain offering shall then be two-tenths of an ephah of fine flour mixed with oil, an offering by fire to the LORD for a soothing aroma, with its libation, a fourth of a hin of wine.And so, when Paul lists the first squadron of people who will be raised from the dead, he calls them the "anointed firstfruits." He had in mind the firstfruits of the barley harvest. These will rule and reign with Christ on the earth (Rev. 5:10; 20:6).Those who belong to Christ, the Church in general, will inherit the second resurrection. These are portrayed in temple ceremony where the two loaves offered to God were first baked with leaven (Lev. 23:17). While oil signifies the Holy Spirit, leaven signifies sin (Exodus 12:15; Mark 8:15). This is the main difference between the barley and wheat, and it is obvious that Paul picks up on that difference in his discussion of the first two resurrections. The first is the anointed firstfruits; the second is leavened company, the Church in general.LogabeThe Grape HarvestPaul does not stop with the second squadron of people raised to Life. He goes on to the third squadron, and, in fact, he spends more time on this squadron than the other two combined. It is the squadron signified by the grape harvest at the end of the growing season, which was the focal point of the Feast of Tabernacles. So note how Paul carries this theme into his dissertation on the third resurrection in 1 Corinthians 15:24-28.24 Then comes the end, when He delivers up the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power. 25 For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet. 26 The last enemy that will be abolished is death. 27 For He has put all things in subjection under His feet. But when He says [in Psalm 8:6], "All things are put in subjection," it is evident that He [the Father] is excepted who put all things in subjection to Him. 28 And when all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also will be subjected to the One who subjected all things to Him, that God may be all in all.Note how often Paul says these people are to be put "under His feet" or "subjected." There can be no doubt that Paul had the grape harvest in mind, for treading the grapes under foot was universally known to indicate judgment. This is absolutely consistent with the rest of Paul's writings, where he reveals how all things (ta panta, "the all") will be reconciled to God. Since reconciliation is a term indicating peace between ENEMIES, Paul is obviously referring to the rebellious nations of the earth who are enemies of God in this present age. Paul says that the purpose of creation is for all these nations to be subdued unto Christ.Then when He has eliminated all His enemies (by turning them into friends), He will finally destroy that last enemy-death. One can only destroy death by giving Life. That is why we refer to this as a resurrection. Only when death itself is banished from the created universe will God be all in all.Hope this has helped a little Lookin4wardtoHeaven. Just meditate uponthe Word and God will give you the understanding by the Spirit. Logabe

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Logabe when you talk as yourself I can get some understanding of what your saying but all this doctrine posting may make sense to you... but I doubt anybody including myself reads it all and can make heads or tails out of most of it ... I think you may have important things to say but I do wish you would stop with pasting of doctrine like its some kind of teaching we should care about .. It has little basis in anything its 100 words of men to one scripture ... I enjoy having a dilect with you but dont ask me to just read an accept all these words without any context to anything

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
Kriss, you tell me what Paul was talking about in1st Cor. 15:22-28. Give me your take on it so I cansee who you are. You continue to tell me it is man,but you're not telling me what God says.For instants, For as in Adam ALL DIE. Now that's easyto believe. You believe that don't you Kriss? Okay, whatyou can't believe is... that same ALL shall be made ALIVEin CHRIST. My question to you, since you enjoy dialect...if you didn'thave anything to do with being in Adam... don't it stand toreason...you don't have anything to do with being in theLAST ADAM. Did God come to you in the beginning and ask, Krissie, wouldyou like to stay with me up here or would you like to go to earth? I think we all know that answer. Well, guess what...whenGod get's finished every knee will bow and every tongue will confess.Sounds like a Christians to me. Sounds like everybody one daywill be in Christ. God swore to it. (Isa. 45:23.) Yes, a man wrotethat too. Do you believe Isaiah?Logabe

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(logabe;66184)
Kriss, you tell me what Paul was talking about in1st Cor. 15:22-28. Give me your take on it so I cansee who you are. You continue to tell me it is man,but you're not telling me what God says.For instants, For as in Adam ALL DIE. Now that's easyto believe. You believe that don't you Kriss? Okay, whatyou can't believe is... that same ALL shall be made ALIVEin CHRIST. My question to you, since you enjoy dialect...if you didn'thave anything to do with being in Adam... don't it stand toreason...you don't have anything to do with being in theLAST ADAM. Did God come to you in the beginning and ask, Krissie, wouldyou like to stay with me up here or would you like to go to earth? I think we all know that answer. Well, guess what...whenGod get's finished every knee will bow and every tongue will confess.Sounds like a Christians to me. Sounds like everybody one daywill be in Christ. God swore to it. (Isa. 45:23.) Yes, a man wrotethat too. Do you believe Isaiah?Logabe
The problem is, it is your lack of understanding of what God is saying to us. Adam is the first person as FLESH (Human) that sinned. We all die because of he disobeyed God commandments (Genesis 2:16-17) but wait it was Eve first though. (I Timothy 2:14) But the whole world did not come from Adam. There are many races of people. (Genesis 1:26-28)And Adam is the starting line-up for Lord Jesus Christ to come through. And Cain is not Adam's son. (Genesis 3:15) To say so, is you are in effect of saying that God and Satan can co-exist together. They will never live with each other.So the first true person that sinned is Satan. (Isaiah 14:12-16, Ezekiel 28, John 17:12)

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(logabe;66184)
I have no idea what you are talking about did God come to me? We are all born flesh all born in sin, All will be changed into our natural uncoruptable bodies the same body we had in the first earth age that doesnt mean all are saved we are all changed ... Saint and sinner at Christ return ... There is no final judgement until after the millieum at the white throne Judgement ... And if you were not so messed up on your believe about Lazeras you might understand this better ... but you have reduced that to a strickly a spirtual type so have lost the meaning. I Corinthians 15:40 "There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another."

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
Krissie, my question was...these every knees and theseevery tongues that confess are they going to be in Christ.No man can say Jesus is Lord but by the Holy Ghost.1st Cor. 12:3.These are bowing in submission and confessing that Jesus is Lord. Doesn't sound like they are rebellious to me. It soundslike 1st Cor. 15:24-28 where Paul tells us all ENEMIES shallbe put under SUBMISSION to JESUS. Then JESUS will reignuntil ALL THINGS are put under HIM. Then, He (the Son) will be subject unto Him that put ALL THINGS in subjection under Him. THAT GOD MAY BE ALL IN ALL. That doesn't sound like annihilationor eternal torment to me. I know annihilation makes God look alittle better than eternal torment but Paul had a better Gospel. And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all [men] unto me.John 12:32 Was Jesus lifted up on the tree. Well, then He said, He will DRAW (Gr. DRAG) ALL MEN UNTO HIM. Did He lie Krissie? He didn't sayHe would ANNIHILATE all men or eternally torment them but He would do whatever it took including DRAGGING them.Logabe

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(logabe;66203)
Krissie, my question was...these every knees and theseevery tongues that confess are they going to be in Christ.No man can say Jesus is Lord but by the Holy Ghost.1st Cor. 12:3.These are bowing in submission and confessing that Jesus is Lord. Doesn't sound like they are rebellious to me. It soundslike 1st Cor. 15:24-28 where Paul tells us all ENEMIES shallbe put under SUBMISSION to JESUS. Then JESUS will reignuntil ALL THINGS are put under HIM. Then, He (the Son) will be subject unto Him that put ALL THINGS in subjection under Him. THAT GOD MAY BE ALL IN ALL. That doesn't sound like annihilationor eternal torment to me. I know annihilation makes God look alittle better than eternal torment but Paul had a better Gospel. And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all [men] unto me.John 12:32 Was Jesus lifted up on the tree. Well, then He said, He will DRAW (Gr. DRAG) ALL MEN UNTO HIM. Did He lie Krissie? He didn't sayHe would ANNIHILATE all men or eternally torment them but He would do whatever it took including DRAGGING them.Logabe
Wrong, annihilation does exist in the bible. And Christ did say that... John 3:16John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.Perish means total destruction, perish means annihilation. But this is why man is given Free Will. So this verse is in effect of giving Free Will.John 14:15 - If ye love me, keep my commandments.What Paul preach is God's gospel. He wasn't given some whatever blah blah blah gospel of men.

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
We need to rightly divide the Word of Truth. Jordan,I know what John 3:16 says and almost all the Baptistknow for sure. By the way, I use to be a Baptist, so I'mpretty familiar with that scripture.Let me tell you what it means... in this "AGE", somepeople call it the Grace Age, Church Age, PentecostalAge, call it whatever you want. In this AGE you can except Jesus as your Savior. Confess with your mouththe Lord Jesus and BELIEVE in your HEART that Godraised Him from the dead, you shall be saved.Saved from what? Saved from the "Lake of Fire", whichis where the people that don't except Jesus as Saviorwill go to be purified. When Jesus died on the tree, Heestablished the Lake of Fire because He knew that therewould be many that would reject His provision.Now, when Jesus came...he was living in the AGE of theLAW or Passover AGE. That is why it is so important tounderstand that an AGE IS NOT eternity. It has a beginningand an ending. Eternity is timeless. The KJV calls "aion"everlasting, forever, or eternity. I don't have time to gointo it but aion is the KEY to unlock the MYSTERIES of theKINGDOM.When Jesus came...the world as they knew it was fixingto CHANGE. The Law came by Moses but Grace and Truth came by Jesus Christ. What was the difference? In the LawAge...the spirit was upon them but the Spirit was in themwhen the day of Pentecost had fully come.What does that mean? It means...God use to wink @ man'signorance.Acts 17:30-31 says,30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by [that] man whom he hath ordained; [whereof] he hath given assurance unto all [men], in that he hath raised him from the dead.I said that to explain John 3:16...A person will PERISH to the AGE...if they don't except Jesus as their Savior. They will be cast into the"FIRE of PURIFICATION" and in essence, they will pay for the sins they committed in this life or whatever AGE (LIFE) they lived in,because... they didn't except the provision that Jesus had for them.Luke 12:45-4845 But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken;46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for [him], and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not [himself], neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many [stripes].48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few [stripes]. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.49 I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?Now come on Jordan... you sound like a really sharp guy. Youcan figure this out... can't you? Do you think Jesus reallycan't wait until all of these people that He died for is castinto the Lake of Fire so He can torment them forever or Hemight have a little Mercy on them and just annilhilate them.I don't think so...the unbelievers will be corrected...that iswhy Jesus said in Mathew 18:27,27 Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.28 But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took [him] by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.29 And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.30 And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.Notice "TILL" the evil servant will be delivered to the tormenters,"US", and they shall be tormented in the "PRESENTS OF THE LAMB"(Rev. 14:10).Now this is people that disqualified themselves from the "FIRSTRESURRECTION" or the next AGE. They will be raised with theUNBELIEVERS or the "SECOND RESURRECTION". They received"Justification" but they rejected "Santification", in other words...they were glad God forgave them but they didn't allow the Spiritto TEACH them the lesson of "forgiveness". They couldn't forgiveothers but they were saved from the Lake of Fire but, they LOSTtheir REWARD of the FIRST RESURRECTION.They PERISHED to the AGE of Tabernacles. They LOST their abilityto rule and reign with Christ (Rev. 20:4-6). Yes...they will not livein what God has prepared for us in the next AGE of Tabernacles.Yes, they are saved from the Lake of Fire but they lost their ability to go into the Promised Land early.1st Cor. 3:13-15 says,13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.Jordan, that is pretty clear...mediate upon it and God willgive you ears to hear it. Love you Brother.Logabe