Judge Prohibits Prayer At Graduation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Nothing like the ego of someone who doesn't know and thinks they know... there's no greater darkness...

Nothing like americhristians who's hard hearts think God's hand is in innocent people getting slaughtered, land stolen and polluted but who's self righteous ears are offended at what might be construed as unchristian language... haha... ignorant hypocrisy at it's finest.

America was totally founded by the hand of God because when the people were stealing, killing and destroying they didn't say any bad words and they had bibles in their hands... haha

So effin stupid...

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Still unable to keep your own promises? I am shocked. No, really...

"what might be construed as unchristian language... " - Robbie

-- Might be construed? "STFU" might be construed?
Keep shoveling LOL

"think God's hand is in innocent people getting slaughtered, land stolen and polluted" - Robbie

- So because some sinned then God had nothing further to do with America? LOL Brilliant.
Your implication is that Christians here are saying God called them to do those things. Silly boy.

Tell me Oh Wise One, how many times did the people of God's chosen nation Israel sin against him yet He still called them His "chosen?"

According to the standard you are using, God would have had to have called them to disobey Him. Again, Brilliant!

You're a funny guy.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
How's this guy? Accusing me of not keeping my promise (even though I never promised anything) of not responding to him and then trying to get me to respond to him... that's like tempting someone into something so you can accuse them of doing it... so trippy...

Anyways... back to my original response before I got sucked in to worthlessness...

No big deal... go in the closet and pray like Jesus said... people get shocked when America acts ungodly... it's like are you kidding me? This country was founded on the principles of murder and theft... and now destruction of the environment... the thief comes to kill, steal and destroy... there's no hope for the world... only for the earth... and that hope is the Kingdom of God and His will being manifested on earth as it is in heaven.

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
We need Jesus the Christ, Cristo the Anointed One back in our schools. Im not saying force anyone to believe in Jesus but at least allow people to pray thhat is not harming anyone. Our public school system is in horrid condition and needs reform by God and the government. From the administrators down to the teachers. this present system is in dire need for a reformation!

I support the legal sytem for utilizing its judicial review but in some cases judicial review is expanded to areas which it needs to be restricted.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How's this guy? Accusing me of not keeping my promise (even though I never promised anything) of not responding to him and then trying to get me to respond to him... that's like tempting someone into something so you can accuse them of doing it... so trippy...

Anyways... back to my original response before I got sucked in to worthlessness...

No big deal... go in the closet and pray like Jesus said... people get shocked when America acts ungodly... it's like are you kidding me? This country was founded on the principles of murder and theft... and now destruction of the environment... the thief comes to kill, steal and destroy... there's no hope for the world... only for the earth... and that hope is the Kingdom of God and His will being manifested on earth as it is in heaven.

Don't let him rattle you, Robbie - his ego is perfectly defended - remember, not even God can reach humanity that is convinced they are right.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
I've dealt with a lot of religious people like this in my life... they play this game of antagonizing and pushing peoples buttons in an attempt to get them to react and then sit back in a delusional state of self righteousness feeling like they're holy because the other person's in a state of reactive anger without even the slightest ability to reflect inward and realize they're the ones who provoked it. They tempt and then accuse... I'm horrible at playing that game... I tend to express how I feel... and say what's on my mind... I'm horrible at unrighteous speech that's rapped in a righteous package... when I'm [edited]I sound [edited] ... and when I'm happy I sound happy... I never want to learn to be fake. I actually had a pastor try and teach me one time how to talk that way... he was all, "When someone says this you can say this and your saying the same thing but without the language" I was like forget that... I don't want to be manipulative in my speech... I don't want to learn how to tell someone to [edited by the moderator] in a way that sounds like I'm telling them to have a nice day. I can't stand fake... [edited by the moderator]... which is why I've never done very good at playing christian... haha

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've dealt with a lot of religious people like this in my life... they play this game of antagonizing and pushing peoples buttons in an attempt to get them to react and then sit back in a delusional state of self righteousness feeling like they're holy because the other person's in a state of reactive anger without even the slightest ability to reflect inward and realize they're the ones who provoked it. They tempt and then accuse... I'm horrible at playing that game... I tend to express how I feel... and say what's on my mind... I'm horrible at unrighteous speech that's rapped in a righteous package... when I'm pissed I sound pissed... and when I'm happy I sound happy... I never want to learn to be fake. I actually had a pastor try and teach me one time how to talk that way... he was all, "When someone says this you can say this and your saying the same thing but without the language" I was like forget that... I don't want to be manipulative in my speech... I don't want to learn how to tell someone to "Go F themselves" in a way that sounds like I'm telling them to have a nice day. I can't stand fake... if I'm telling someone to F off I'll just say it... which is why I've never done very good at playing christian... haha

I hear you!

The answer to the observation "the sky appears blue" is not "your mother is a whore"

Have you noticed the way conservative political pundants have adopted this christian-fundamentalist-apologetic-strategy from their marriage to the religious right? Rush Limbaugh and especially Ann Coulter. As soon as you make a point that they cannot answer or point out their behavior - even making a simple observation - they respond by insulting your mother or calling you a liar or a victim. LOL, both Foreigner and Coulter could be hanging from a cross of their own making and still cry out accusations of "victim!" VICTIM!" - haha.

The saddest part is when you actually make the mistake of taking on their accusations! Foreigner would have been as accurate if he declared that my pants were on fire as he was in calling me a victim, but if I actually thought he was making an accurate assessment, I would have started acting like one. Human nature is predictable.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Yeah... and then for instance tonight... I go to the beach and hang out with a bunch of friends and ride perfect waves and shoot photos and I'm just thinking to myself why am I even talking to that guy... haha... it brings me down to even associate with people like that... I mean why would I let a nobody disrespect me [edited by the moderator] when I have friends that all rip and are talented and they love me and only build me up... one day I'll learn...

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Don't let him rattle you, Robbie - his ego is perfectly defended - remember, not even God can reach humanity that is convinced they are right.

-- Aspen is exactly correct.
That is why he is unable to discuss this issue like a grownup.
Changing the subject.
Introducing new topics.
Playing the victim.
Accusing the OTHER person of closemindedness.

The topic is cut and dried. You don't like the topic so you blur the waters.
If you don't want someone to comment on what you have to say (especially when it is so easy to prove you wrong) dont' comment.

Simple stuff.

Robbie, you said you blocked me and would no longer comment on what I had to say.
You went back on that. Not me. Not anyone else. YOU. Deal with it.
Please feel free to not comment on anything I say in the future. It will obviously make you look less informed.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006

Foreigner, I think all you want to do is argue. Why don't you drop it or take it somewhere else!

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Tom, I posted this thread to discuss the topic.
Not have someone change the subject.
If you wish to discuss this topic - this specific topic - I am glad to discuss with you.
If you wish to do as Aspen and Robbie do and pervert the topic into something it is not, then I think you have nothing of value to say, either.

Discuss the specific topic or don't bother.

There are scores of things YOU and Aspen and Robbie have said that I simply don't agree with.
You can see for yourself there are multiple posts by them (and you) that I haven't commented on because I don't see the purpose.

Don't like it, contribute something related or don't post.

Simple stuff.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
Tom, I posted this thread to discuss the topic.
Discuss the specific topic or don't bother.

What a joke, you and rob argued back and forth for 12 posts without mentioning the OP. Most of your posts on this forum have nothing to do with the topic you are posting in.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
And most of your posts - although not all - are contrary to simple fact and logic.
Yet I don't call on you not to post.

Thanks for posting twice and saying absolutely nothing about the specific topic.

You know - the exact thing you are lamenting.

Care to try for a third?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok - here is a situation where I believe people have gone way too far with their criticism:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43367928/ns/politics-the_new_york_times/

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a politician calling a prayer meeting or rally or whatever.

This reminds me of the criticism PromiseKeepers received because they would not include women - there is nothing wrong with one gender gathering together.

For the record, I also know that organisations that are formed for the sole purpose of criticizing are never going to be satisfied with the groups they criticize because they would no longer have a purpose to gather.