just as was in the days of Noah

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Suhar

Mar 28, 2013
Western WA
[SIZE=medium]Just watch the news. Depravity of every kind is running around rampant. No half human giants yet but “any day now” there are promises of genetically modified “improved” people or even uploading human mind into machines to give people “immortality”.[/SIZE]

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Jesus is saying before the tribulation starts people will be carrying on as usual and will be taken by surprise .... eg: ... eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage etc as per Matthew 24:38

They will be caught by surprise Matthew 24:39

Could also indicate how evil people will be Genesis 6:5 ..... but the main point Jesus was making was about suddenness and surprise

Brother Brian

Jul 20, 2013
Just watch the news. Depravity of every kind is running around rampant. No half human giants yet but “any day now” there are promises of genetically modified “improved” people or even uploading human mind into machines to give people “immortality”.
can you please explain further?
I think this is the type of sin that provokes our lord
in Christ BB

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Brother Brian said:
what do you all make of this statement by our lord, I think its much deeper than first thoughts.

BB
Well, just what... was happenning back in the days of Noah that caused God to bring the flood upon the world of ungodly men?

Gen 6:1-4
1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
(KJV)

Gen 6:9
9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.
(KJV)

That event of the "sons of God" (angels) mating with the daughters of flesh men produced the Nephelim, a hybrid race of giants of great stature.

The Hebrew word for "perfect" concerning Noah being "perfect in his generatiions" is the same... Hebrew word used for the perfect unblemished condition of sacrificial animals that God required per the Old Covenant. So the Scripture is definitely... talking about Noah's bloodline purity, that in contrast with what those angels had caused on earth.

The phrase "men of renown" means 'men of the name' or men of the legend. What legend? The legends of ancient mythology which exists in all ancient cultures (including the ancient American Indian culture).

Is that kind of event going to happen again... for the end of this world? Well, we'll have to wait and find out.

One thing I know, people in the world and in Christ's Church begin to freak out any time someone mentions the devil himself is coming to this earth as the Antichrist / pseudo-Christ our Lord Jesus and His Apostles warned of for end of days per Christ's Revelation to His servant John.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
veteran said:
Is that kind of event going to happen again... for the end of this world? Well, we'll have to wait and find out.
I dont think so veteran .... those entities were destroyed in the flood and I dont think they can re-appear again

Yet there certainly will be a spiritual (demonic) aspect to the end times ... we are told demons will go to the kings of the earth etc ....

Sounds like the "evil entities" in Noah's day had (flesh type) bodies .... who were drowned in the flood .... maybe they are today's demons (spirits without bodies) ..... hard to say.

Obviously many people today talk about demons ... know a bit about demons .... but they are generally "hidden"

In the last days I think they will manifest a lot more with signs and wonders .... and many people will want to associate with them.

Scary stuff when you stop and think about it.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Arnie Manitoba said:
I dont think so veteran .... those entities were destroyed in the flood and I dont think they can re-appear again

Yet there certainly will be a spiritual (demonic) aspect to the end times ... we are told demons will go to the kings of the earth etc ....

Sounds like the "evil entities" in Noah's day had (flesh type) bodies .... who were drowned in the flood .... maybe they are today's demons (spirits without bodies) ..... hard to say.

Obviously many people today talk about demons ... know a bit about demons .... but they are generally "hidden"

In the last days I think they will manifest a lot more with signs and wonders .... and many people will want to associate with them.

Scary stuff when you stop and think about it.
Hopefully, there won't be any mating going on, but I have no doubt those sons of God (angels) are coming here on earth again, in plain sight. That's what the woe in Rev.12:7-9 is about for the last days. I imagine the world rulers will come forward with some masquerade of how UFO's and extraterrestrials are real, and tell us to welcome them. Many doubt this and that's OK, just as long as they are forewarned about that probability because of what God's Word reveals for the end.

Suhar

Mar 28, 2013
Western WA
veteran said:
Hopefully, there won't be any mating going on,
There maybe already:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdiISQdjwd0

[SIZE=medium]Two sisters exhibiting some rather superhuman strength. One gets run over by semi and suffers broken leg. The other one just gets up and fights with several police officers. Not totally invincible but way beyond normal.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]As for aliens and stuff… new religion that “explains away” all religions is already in place. Aliens created us. It is in movies, it is on TV.[/SIZE]

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Suhar said:
[SIZE=medium]As for aliens and stuff… new religion that “explains away” all religions is already in place. Aliens created us. It is in movies, it is on TV.[/SIZE]
The world's top atheist Richard Dawkins that Ben Stein interviewed in his Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed DVD, revealed that he (Dawkins) believed aliens created us.

There is no such thing as extraterrestrial aliens in God's Word. But there is such a thing as angels.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
veteran said:
Hopefully, there won't be any mating going on, but I have no doubt those sons of God (angels) are coming here on earth again, in plain sight. That's what the woe in Rev.12:7-9 is about for the last days. I imagine the world rulers will come forward with some masquerade of how UFO's and extraterrestrials are real, and tell us to welcome them. Many doubt this and that's OK, just as long as they are forewarned about that probability because of what God's Word reveals for the end.
You make a good point ..... in the OT there were numerous (good) angel visits to earth (to the prophets etc) ..... we have had a lull in that activity since then ..... maybe during the end times it resumes .... and maybe not all the angels will be "good ones"

If extra-terrestrial visitors came to earth today .... many people would see them as "gods"

day

Aug 2, 2012
Idaho, USA
Suhar said:
Yes, there is a whole series of programs called "Ancient Aliens" that says aliens have visited the world in the past and are supposedly the source of ancient wisdom and works we cannot understand as possible without modern technology. It is easy to see that if such ideas take hold it will be a simple thing for Satan and his demons, appearing as beings of light, to say "Yes, that was us, and if you will submit to us now, we will teach you even greater things."

Suhar

Mar 28, 2013
Western WA
veteran said:
The world's top atheist Richard Dawkins that Ben Stein interviewed in his Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed DVD, revealed that he (Dawkins) believed aliens created us.

There is no such thing as extraterrestrial aliens in God's Word. But there is such a thing as angels.
I wish I could ask those alien worsipers one question: What if aliens show up and give you ten commandments of their own? Then what?

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
When you stop and think of it God came here as an extraterrestrial ... spoke to Moses from a burning bush .... what would any of us do today if we encountered the same .... how would we know for sure it was God ?.

Suhar

Mar 28, 2013
Western WA
Arnie Manitoba said:
When you stop and think of it God came here as an extraterrestrial ... spoke to Moses from a burning bush .... what would any of us do today if we encountered the same .... how would we know for sure it was God ?.
When God speaks you know! If you have any doubt at all about who speaks to you then it is surely NOT God!

The_highwayman

Jul 22, 2013
Just to throw a monkey wrench into the discussion,
God Told Abraham in Gen 22.17:
That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;

Now think about this part: "I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven."

Scientists state there are over 300 Billion stars just in the Milkyway Galaxy and untold billions in the seen & unseen universe.

There are only 7 BIllion people on earth. There are roughly 3 million Christians on earth.

What is my point: Why limit God to what you can see.....God told Abraham his seed would be as the stars of the heaven.

I am not advocating aliens or extraterrestrial life forms. I am advocating the God is bigger than you think and you should let that sink into your spiritman

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Suhar said:
I wish I could ask those alien worsipers one question: What if aliens show up and give you ten commandments of their own? Then what?
That would fall within their reasoning also. The ones who would be presenting them to the whole world would be the occultists who worship their god Lucifer, not really the atheists. That's really who's running things today anyway, the secret societies of occult initiation that are allied within all nations and governments.
The_highwayman said:
That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;

Now think about this part: "I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven."

Scientists state there are over 300 Billion stars just in the Milkyway Galaxy and untold billions in the seen & unseen universe.

There are only 7 BIllion people on earth. There are roughly 3 million Christians on earth.

What is my point: Why limit God to what you can see.....God told Abraham his seed would be as the stars of the heaven.

I am not advocating aliens or extraterrestrial life forms. I am advocating the God is bigger than you think and you should let that sink into your spiritman
Problem is God was using that as an expression, and only about believers on Him of both Israel and the Gentile, not... supposed people on other planets. The reasoning that life possibly exists in other solar systems simply because the universe is so big can also lead to erroneous ideas that extra-terrestrials are made up of those peoples too.

Suhar

Mar 28, 2013
Western WA
The_highwayman said:

How many children of Abraham died already or not yet born? There is no need for other planets.
veteran said:
That's really who's running things today anyway, the secret societies of occult initiation that are allied within all nations and governments.
Agree. Very few people realize that.

iamlamad

Jun 9, 2013
Arnie Manitoba said:
Jesus is saying before the tribulation starts people will be carrying on as usual and will be taken by surprise .... eg: ... eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage etc as per Matthew 24:38

They will be caught by surprise Matthew 24:39

Could also indicate how evil people will be Genesis 6:5 ..... but the main point Jesus was making was about suddenness and surprise
Good job! Finally someone that sees this the way I do. I think His only point was the SUDDENESS of the event. It will come with no warning. It will be as the thief in the night, a time when no one suspects. Lamad

day

Aug 2, 2012
Idaho, USA
Brother Brian said:
what do you all make of this statement by our lord, I think its much deeper than first thoughts.

BB
I went back and read about Noah and the flood and I noticed something that has raised my curiosity. While Noah was safe in the ark the flood waters were at their peak for 150 days. In Revelation the locust with scorpion stings last 150 days, and there is another passage (I can't remember where) that refers to a plague or something lasting 150 days. Do you think they could somehow be connected?