Just not feeling it...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
For the past week or so I have just lost the desire to pray or spend time with God. And I know that I should be spending time praying, and I should want to. But even when I think about this and even feel guilty I still do nothing about it. I haven't gone to God and asked him to help me and for no particular reason either, I just don't... Has anyone else gone through this, or still going through it? Any advice? Is it something I have or have not done? I am open to anything, I want that desire to spend time with God back! And I will do anything to get it!

TooInvolved1

Jan 22, 2008
Sorry - I've been there and AM there. It's getting worse. I think I'm fully backslidden. I don't want to pray or read the word or listen to godly music. want to do what i want to do. I've talked to God about it and although thats technically prayer in itself, I haven't really spent time with Him or repented. Sorry not helping but I can identify. I don't know if sin is begetting sin in my case (and yours?) or what.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Faith is not feelings. So what if you don't "feel" like doing something for God? You can do it whether you feel like it or not if you want, no matter how small. The good news is you have a conscience about it and it bothers you. That tells me that you are on the right track right there, but maybe need growing.

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
I know that we aren't lead by feelings in our walk with Christ, what I am saying is I always enjoyed praying and talking with God and now all of a sudden it just seems like a bother and I know this is wrong.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I think everyone experiences these waves ups and downs I know I do I dont think we ever stop loving him just our degree of discipline seems to slip up and down I have had a lot of people tell me this lately strange that it seems to be everyone feeling this

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(kriss;44479)
I think everyone experiences these waves ups and downs I know I do I dont think we ever stop loving him just our degree of discipline seems to slip up and down I have had a lot of people tell me this lately strange that it seems to be everyone feeling this
I actually had considered that this was just a low point for me, but I had never experienced it this way before. Usually I consider it a low point when I sin and forget to immediately repent and instead do it later that day.I may be spending to much time in English class but could it be a sense of foreboding among believers, like our way of knowing something big is close?

TooInvolved1

Jan 22, 2008
Interesting you say that FoC....b/c I've been feeling that sense of foreboding too. One of our min preached on it too. The 2nd coming, that is, and why we should not get complacent. But when He comes I doubt we'll get any "sense" of it as that would contradict scripture, which says no one knows, not even Him.

Dunamite

Nov 15, 2007
There is always a reason behind these things. It could be an attack from the enemy or it could be that you are in a rut and need to get out of it. Recognition of the problem is the first step. There is likely some spiritual warfare taking place, too. Anytime we are feeling ourselves pushed away from God it is likely that there is a spiritual battle taking place.Satan needs to be repudiated verbally. He needs to be put into his place. Remember he is already defeated and needs to be reminded of this. Ask the Holy Spirit to protect you as well.You should examine what is happening in your life that is good and thank God for that. If you are not feeling blessed then you need to ask for blessing. You should consider making changes in your life that improve your overall situation. Lots of things we do out of habit and they can be damaging if we do not monitor them. Remember moderation is the key in all things. Perhaps you need a change of scenery or to be surrounded by positive and encouraging people. Consider getting involved in a small group study.Finally learn to see God in the little things in life. I recommend the book, The Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence. It is a small book that can be truly inspiring.

Alanforchrist

Dec 25, 2007
(followerofchrist;44464)
For the past week or so I have just lost the desire to pray or spend time with God. And I know that I should be spending time praying, and I should want to. But even when I think about this and even feel guilty I still do nothing about it. I haven't gone to God and asked him to help me and for no particular reason either, I just don't... Has anyone else gone through this, or still going through it? Any advice? Is it something I have or have not done? I am open to anything, I want that desire to spend time with God back! And I will do anything to get it!
What you need, Is to be full of the Holy Ghost, instead of being full of self.Being full of the Holy Ghost fills your heart with love and joy, and it makes you want to spend your time with God.Ask God to fill you to overflowing with His wonderful Holy Spirit.also If you cannot pray, what about praise and worship, That will draw you into the presence of God.

David161099

Nov 19, 2007
What I've realised recently is that we can all feel God all the time.That goodness inside you, that conscience, that part of you that knows and feels right vs wrong. That is our spiritual tether to the lord. He is always there and he always was.God is Good, and Goodness is godliness. Just my opinion.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
I got my "foreboding" feeling back in 1979 when I was 20 years old (tells my age). I mentioned this on another thread. I had personal hardships that years, and was a very cloudy, gloomy and dark sort of year for me. Interestingly, for those of you into prophecy, the Great Pyramid (God's Word in Stone) has that date in the antechamber by virtue of the passage length measures that assign an inch to a year (using the Pleiades astronomical alignment as a benchmark).I'm not altogether sure what happened in 1979, but it was the start of something cosmic IMO, and I have my theories. Point being, I know that feeling.

zozephin

Apr 4, 2008
I felt that once in my life...I think the reason was that I was not good with myself..I had to search my self what was the sign that i had this feeling..I went 2 days vacation alone and i cleared all the bad thoughts that i had in my mind..So I fixed my relationship with God.Maybe you are stressed with something in your life and you feel like that.Spend some time with yourself...Take care...

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
I am rarely stressed about anything. The only thing that has been going on really is a little trouble with my grades but that has happened before. And I have been working with a friend who doesn't know Christ and who is kinda fighting it. But I have been talking with him for like 2 months.

musicmad

Mar 26, 2008
Brothers and sisters when your thinking or feeling like this you must remember GOD has put us here under trial and test serving GOD is no easy task, you have to suffer in you body you have to suffer in your mind and you have to suffer in your spirit becuase you are constantly in battle with your sinful nature and your holy spirit and satan and his demons are prevalent everywhere always accusing you ready to lawe you in to temptation it is NOT easy so naturally your going to feel down and oppressed from time to time but remember suffering for doing GOOD is better then suffering for doing EVIL being a slave to the sinful nature is GUILT and MISERY but being a slave to righteousness is a completely diffrent kind of suffering you still suffer but its a more pleasant cheerful harmful kind of suffering so either way you suffer but suffering for GOD is salvation Be strong your not aloneBlessMusicmad

musicmad

Mar 26, 2008
(followerofchrist;44464)
Error post..

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
I'm back, and now more than ever! My thirst for Gods word has never been stronger. And now there is no hesitation to drop to my knees in prayer, quite the opposite. Its exciting!!For those of you who have also gone through this and to those of you who currently are, do not fret. Trust in God, he will deliver you through this. You come out stronger in faith!

David161099

Nov 19, 2007
(followerofchrist;46401)
I'm back, and now more than ever! My thirst for Gods word has never been stronger. And now there is no hesitation to drop to my knees in prayer, quite the opposite. Its exciting!!For those of you who have also gone through this and to those of you who currently are, do not fret. Trust in God, he will deliver you through this. You come out stronger in faith!
Thanks for the update.Gos Bless!!