Just saw this on FB

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

th1b.taylot

Oct 25, 2017
SE Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what I saw on FB
Guntown ~ Rogue Kite Productions

You are obviously anti-gun and that is sad. When Florida went to legal carry crime dropped about 30%. When Texas accommodated our Yankee Intruders and took my gun from my hip, Crime soared and now that we can carry again Crime will go down. Even Criminals do not want a gun exploding and sending a projectile their way.

The American Culture has, traditionally been one of protect yours, home, family and country.

th1b.taylot

Oct 25, 2017
SE Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fortunately my time in Viet Nam was very early in U.S. involvement. I went there in August of 1964 as a microwave radio repairman when there were only 16,000 Americans there. When I went home 12 months later the number had increased to 65,000 and for the most part the additional number consisted of combat soldiers. The only weapon I ever fired in Viet Nam was an M60 machine gun in practice since that was our main defensive weapon for our radio site. I am certain that I never shot a person. Thank God for that.
I wish I could say that but I can't, I was Close Combat Support and crewed a UH1H and the nightmares continue but there are two pieces in my home to protect my wife and grandchildren.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wish I could say that but I can't, I was Close Combat Support and crewed a UH1H and the nightmares continue but there are two pieces in my home to protect my wife and grandchildren.
Each of us must live our life and bear the memories which are a part of that life as well as move on from day to day. You are here and from what I am able to see you have chosen to serve God. That speaks volumes with regard to your present situation.

I could never be actively anti-gun even though I have never been a gun activist or a gun owner. My own flesh rebels at the idea of killing anyone or even any animal, but my flesh should not be the ruler for me or for anyone. God clearly has put every one of us at times in places which required difficult decisions, but He has also always provided the means to make the right decisions if we were paying attention. The time will come, if we endure to the end with Him that there will be no more pain and suffering, but that time is not yet.

My home now is my wife and I alone. [My youngest grandchild is nearly 17 and none of our offspring visit us often these days.] I don't want to be in the situation of having to decide to fight to protect, but if it does come upon me, I believe that God will give me the right answer and the means to accomplish what He requires. At nearly 74 I simply trust God for whatever comes. What else should we do more than that?