Justified by works: Keeping the law of God is not a sin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with all this. but truth is truth and as the followers of Jesus as is commanded in Jude we are to earnestly contend for the truth.

Wrong beliefs always produce wrong results in a persons life.

If a person is truly Born Again, then they are saved forever no matter how good or bad they live!

You need to understand , sin is no longer an issue. Jesus paid for all of a persons snin of the cross. when we trust HIm as Savior and Lord, all of our sin debt (past present and future) is removed. We become the children of God! We may be disobedient children, but we are children nonetheless.
Let's go with that scenario.

Adam and Eve were like children in the beginning. No knowledge of right and wrong, good and evil.
However, when they made their first innocent mistake God condemned all generations following them to sin.

Sin isn't a thing. Sin is exercising disobedience against God's rules. Sin is the act of non-compliance to his rules.

So when we read of people who are opposed to the 9bservayion,truth, that God created sin perhaps those facts will assist them to realize he did.

He made a rule. Breaking his rule(s) is what God labeled as sin.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does Jesus do and fulfill His law 'for us'?
Paul writes in Romans 10 concerning Israel in its state at the time, for his brothers he said:

The Word Brings Salvation
(Isaiah 65:1–16)
Romans 10
1Brothers, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for the Israelites is for their salvation. 2For I testify about them that they are zealous for God, but not on the basis of knowledge. 3 Because they were ignorant of God’s righteousness and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God’s righteousness. 4For Christ is the end of the law, to bring righteousness to everyone who believes.​
Is He using our bodies without our will?​
No, I don't think it is him using our body without our will.

It's more that one has to be willingly to not engage the flesh but engage the spirit when they are born again.

Paul writes to the Galatians whom were trying to do things by the flesh - with the LAW, that it is by the Spirit that one should walk - if you are lead by it.

Galatians 5

16 So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. 17 For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever[a] you want. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.

I really believe that this has to do with renewing the mind, from the fleshly point of view to a more heavenly part of view.​

Romans 12​

New International Version​

A Living Sacrifice​

12 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.​

Humble Service in the Body of Christ​

3 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you. 4 For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5 so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. 6 We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your[a] faith; 7 if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; 8 if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead,[b] do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.​

Love in Action​

9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. 11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13 Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.
14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. 16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position.[c] Do not be conceited.
17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. 18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19 Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,”[d] says the Lord. 20 On the contrary:
“If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”[e]
21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.​

You also have Paul write to the people in Colossae,

Saying:​

Colossians 3​

New International Version​

Living as Those Made Alive in Christ​

3 Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. 3 For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is your[a] life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.
5 Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. 6 Because of these, the wrath of God is coming.[b] 7 You used to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived. 8 But now you must also rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips. 9 Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices 10 and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator. 11 Here there is no Gentile or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all, and is in all.
12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. 16 Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. 17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.​
The Bible speaks of us fulfilling the law by Him doing the works through us. But how does He do our works of righteousness 'for us'? Isn't that like instead of us or in place of us?​

Ghada, these are wonderful questions and I really do believe it is all about abiding in Christ,

This is just some of John 15 - there is more

The Vine and the Branches​

15 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes[a] so that it will be even more fruitful. 3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4 Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6 If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 8 This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.​

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At the end of the day, the work of God is to believe the one whom God had sent, its individualistic and not group @Ghada - it's all personal and not a group effort it, people have to choose to follow after God or not it's there choice and it's a personal relationship - while there can be teachers and people who governing over things in their lives - the personal relationship is between you and God.

John 6:​

Jesus the Bread of Life​

25 When they found him on the other side of the lake, they asked him, “Rabbi, when did you get here?”

26 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, you are looking for me, not because you saw the signs I performed but because you ate the loaves and had your fill. 27 Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. For on him God the Father has placed his seal of approval.”

28 Then they asked him, “What must we do to do the works God requires?”

29 Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”

30 So they asked him, “What sign then will you give that we may see it and believe you? What will you do? 31 Our ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness; as it is written: ‘He gave them bread from heaven to eat.’[c]”

32 Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven. 33 For the bread of God is the bread that comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.”​
And that work that God does in an individual who allows him to work on their heart and minds,
Hebrews 10:16 “This is the covenant I will make with them after that time, says the Lord. I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds.”​
The work always leads to goodness and right things done by the spirit, and produces agape love,

1 corinthians 13
If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.​

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's go with that scenario.

Adam and Eve were like children in the beginning. No knowledge of right and wrong, good and evil.
However, when they made their first innocent mistake God condemned all generations following them to sin.

Sin isn't a thing. Sin is exercising disobedience against God's rules. Sin is the act of non-compliance to his rules.

So when we read of people who are opposed to the 9bservayion,truth, that God created sin perhaps those facts will assist them to realize he did.

He made a rule. Breaking his rule(s) is what God labeled as sin.
Adam and Eve did ot comit an innocent mistake- they willfully and with full knowledge disobeyed God.

Humans since then have a different scenario to deal with, so what Adam and eve faced is not germaine to us.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 14:15 ESV
If you love me, you will keep my commandments.
Christ's commandments are not the law of the Old Covenant.

We are under the Law of Christ which is Grace and Truth as outlined for us in the Gospel, Acts and the Letters

Reactions: MatthewG

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ghada

It ought to occur to any Christian, that there is an inherent contradiction between believing on Jesus Christ, and also teaching not to keep His law, as though that were a sin and unjustified with Christ. Some Christians do teach it is a sin to even try to keep His law.

How can keeping and doing the law of God possibly be a sin? Isn't keeping the law perfectly what made Jesus the acceptable sacrifice to God and propitiation for the sins of the whole world?

Its a terrible sin, because, Christ in order to save Gods people from their sins, He was made under the Law to keep it, and obey it perfectly as it should be for the Honor and Glory of God. Every though, word and deed should be perfectly in loving obedience to God, which sinful men cannot do, not even Adam in his pristine innocence. Also Jesus in fulfilling the Law of God for Gods People, endured its curse unto death, which curse and death Gods people should've endured, eternal damnation. Now if men believe they can keep Gods law as an condition to gain His favor and blessing, its a slap in the face of Christ, it disregards Gods provision of sending Jesus into the world, as it is written:

Gal 2:21

I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

• Love
Reactions: David in NJ

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
People keep telling me that we are not under the law, but if I rob a bank, I'll probably go to prison.
Not if you are a believer justified by faith alone. That is if they run the town. But then I'm thinking they'll ditch their doctrine if any of their cash was stolen.;)

Reactions: Bob Estey

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
The Law of Christ and the OT law are two distinct applications.

Two different laws of God. The old by Mose is passed away, and the New by Christ is for us today.
The Law of Christ grants Grace and Truth unto Eternal Life.
The law of Christ says those doing such things as fornication, robbery, cursing lying, etc,,, are the unrighteous that shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

It's common for faith alone Christians to get really spiritual about the law of God, because they want to keep their actual deeds off the books.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
I agree with all this.
I don't doubt it. You don't believe from the heart in living sinfully as a Christian. You just teach it by a doctrine that leads to it, by separating our deeds from our faith.

The problem is that we are also judged by our teaching. If it leads to more ungodliness, so that those actually practicing it, defile their souls and bodies with sinful works, then we'll be judged and destroyed with them.

Jesus did not say that false teacher Jezebel in Rev 2 was actually committing fornication, but only that she was teaching Jesus' believers how to, by also thinking they are not condemned while doing so. That is the practical conclusion of saving faith set entirely apart from what we are doing.

Wrong beliefs always produce wrong results in a persons life.

True, such as believing we are saved and justified with God, apart from any works we may be doing at the time.
If a person is truly Born Again, then they are saved forever no matter how good or bad they live!
Well, there you go. Thanks Jezebel.

You need to understand , sin is no longer an issue.
Only if we are not sinning. If we are sinning, then sin is still the issue God has with us, just like anyone else in the world

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

The nonbiblical teaching is that by our faith alone, we are not condemned, while doing the sinful works of the devil. The hypocrisy is naming the name of Christ, while doing the sinful works of the devil.
Jesus paid for all of a persons snin of the cross.
Believing we are forgiven for all sins past, present, in future is a perfect Jezebel teaching for fornicating with forgiveness.

But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

when we trust HIm as Savior and Lord, all of our sin debt (past present and future) is removed.
As I said. Thanks again Jezebel. I've known some Christians that actually practice your doctrine. One of them was a known fornicator that said he fornicates when the opportunity arises, and he knows he's already forgiven for it.

That is your doctrinal child.

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

That includes believers doing the fornicating, and those teaching them to defile the temple of Christ without conscience nor fear of the Lord.

We become the children of God! We may be disobedient children, but we are children nonetheless.
Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance: But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;

I understand fully how Christians such as yourself can teach such things, that contradict the Bible without shame. As we see here by your contradiction of 1 Peter, that it's simple because you're neither believing nor teaching the gospel of Jesus Christ in the Bible. You simply don't know what you're talking, or have forgotten what the Bible says long ago, because you've chosen not to believe all the words of the Bible, if they condemn your works and/or your teaching.

You've learned and perfected your own imperfect gospel with sin, and it no doubt gives you great satisfaction to rehearse it at every opportunity, and also I'm sure you have a great life with some Christian sinning in this world. It just ends in the grave. The only gospel and salvation that is eternal and beyond the grave, is that of Jesus Christ in the Bible.

And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Only them that obey Him in the end have His eternal salvation, not them that are disobeying Him.

God is not a man such as yourself, that He should pardon His sinful children, while condemning the sinful children of the devil.

In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever is doing unrighteousness is not of God.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Paul writes in Romans 10 concerning Israel in its state at the time, for his brothers he said:

The Word Brings Salvation
(Isaiah 65:1–16)
Romans 10
1Brothers, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for the Israelites is for their salvation. 2For I testify about them that they are zealous for God, but not on the basis of knowledge. 3 Because they were ignorant of God’s righteousness and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God’s righteousness. 4For Christ is the end of the law, to bring righteousness to everyone who believes.​
And so, he does not fulfill the law for us, but through us. We do our part, because we do them.

No, I don't think it is him using our body without our will.

It's more that one has to be willingly to not engage the flesh but engage the spirit when they are born again.
True. Though Paul says it is not I that do them, but Christ in men, he is simply giving Jesus the glory, as we all should, as we do the will of God by Christ dwelling in us.

Ghada, these are wonderful questions and I really do believe it is all about abiding in Christ,
So long as it is not by faith alone, but by doing the will of God, then we agree on John 15.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
At the end of the day, the work of God is to believe the one whom God had sent, its individualistic and not group @Ghada - it's all personal and not a group effort it, people have to choose to follow after God or not it's there choice and it's a personal relationship - while there can be teachers and people who governing over things in their lives - the personal relationship is between you and God.
Completely agree. Some Christians trust in safety in numbers. So long as they think everyone is doing it, then they are justified in doing it.

Those are the Christians that do not believe it is possible to walk as Jesus walked, because they don't. They then judge all Christians according to their fallen life.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Completely agree. Some Christians trust in safety in numbers. So long as they think everyone is doing it, then they are justified in doing it.

Those are the Christians that do not believe it is possible to walk as Jesus walked, because they don't. They then judge all Christians according to their fallen life.
So do you believe Jesus when on earth kept the Law ? Scripture says He was made under the Law Gal 4:4-5

4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It ought to occur to any Christian, that there is an inherent contradiction between believing on Jesus Christ, and also teaching not to keep His law, as though that were a sin and unjustified with Christ. Some Christians do teach it is a sin to even try to keep His law.

How can keeping and doing the law of God possibly be a sin? Isn't keeping the law perfectly what made Jesus the acceptable sacrifice to God and propitiation for the sins of the whole world?
Again, You have it in error

Keeping the law is not a sin, not keeping it is a sin. And NO ONE can keep it (the way God demands.

That is why Paul said this

Gal 3: 10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.” 11 But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for “the just shall live by faith.”

13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”), 14 that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

21 Is the law then against the promises of God? Certainly not! For if there had been a law given which could have given life, truly righteousness would have been by the law. 22 But the Scripture has confined all under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. 23 But before faith came, we were kept under guard by the law, kept for the faith which would afterward be revealed. 24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.

You lawyers who keep trying to put people back under law are putting people under condemnation. Because no one can keep the law.. That's why Christ became a curse.

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't doubt it. You don't believe from the heart in living sinfully as a Christian. You just teach it by a doctrine that leads to it, by separating our deeds from our faith.

The problem is that we are also judged by our teaching. If it leads to more ungodliness, so that those actually practicing it, defile their souls and bodies with sinful works, then we'll be judged and destroyed with them.

Jesus did not say that false teacher Jezebel in Rev 2 was actually committing fornication, but only that she was teaching Jesus' believers how to, by also thinking they are not condemned while doing so. That is the practical conclusion of saving faith set entirely apart from what we are doing.
UNtil you recant from your sin sof attempting to read my mind, presumption and making fasle accusations against a brother, I have no desire to respond further to you.

Your arrogance and haughtiness will be your downfall if you are not careful.

If you wish to know what I believe-ASK! For you truly suck at thinking you know what I believe.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People keep telling me that we are not under the law, but if I rob a bank, I'll probably go to prison.
"For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under the Law but under grace."
Romans 6:14

It seemingly refers to the method whereby we have righteousness and are justified--today, and in the last judgment.

If so, it wouldn't mean "we're not accountable to God's righteous requirements", it would mean "the way we serve God, the way we act righteously, is not by the Law [which relies on sinful flesh (Ro 8:3; Gal 3:3)], but is by God's grace [which relies on God--Christ's Name is "God Is Our Righteousness" (Jer 23:6)]".

Why does he say "sin shall not be master over you" on account of them not being "under Law"? Because the Law is the strength of sin (1 Co 15:54), arousing the sinful passions (Ro 7:5).

It really is pretty straightforward.

Last edited:

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

How then can Paul be teaching against doing the works of the law, as though it were a sin to do so. And yet he preaches Jesus Christ as Saviour of all the world, by keeping the law righteously unto death? That would accuse Jesus of being the biggest of sinners, and saving men from keeping the law of God. And that is what some Christians preach, that He saves us from our sinning by saving us from God's law and keeping it.

And so we see in the Bible, how it's not the works of the law themselves that are sinful, but rather only keeping the law outwardly, while being inwardly filthy without the faith and love of God in the heart. (Titus 3:5) Jesus comes to purify the heart first, that our keeping of His law may be judged by God as doing His righteousness.

Christians are called upon by God to fulfill His law righteously, by first being purified and sanctified inwardly through the circumcision of Christ's Spirit.

For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinners in the flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

We don't fulfill the righteousness of the law by not keeping and transgressing it. The 'righteousness of the law' is not to justify us by not keeping the law. We don't fulfill the righteousness of Jesus Christ through faith, by transgressing His own law. God did not send His law first, and then send His own Son to keep it and then do away with it. Jesus did not keep the law of God perfectly, so that He could kill it on the cross.

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Nothing Jesus said could be any clearer in response to them that hate the law of the Lord, and love doing unrighteousness rather than doing the righteousness of God, to the Jew first and now the Christian. Jesus does not come to destroy His own law.

Having sent His Son in the flesh, God now commands all men to repent in the spirit and in the flesh (2 Cor 7:1), to now be inwardly pure as Jesus was while doing the things of His law as He did. He commanded His people the same in the OT to circumcise the foreskin of our hearts, but the law alone in stone was weak to accomplish it. It shows that keeping the law outwardly alone can purify the life, but does not purify the heart. (Heb 9:13-14)

God does not command anyone not to keep His own law. He does not judge any man guilty in works by doing His own law, as though His law were sinful.

Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

The only Christians that teach keeping the law is sinful, is because they don't want their own works to be judged as unrighteous transgression of it. They don't want and objective righteous law to judge their works, nor to be accountable in works with God nor man. They want God to do away with His law entirely by the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross. They even teach the law of God is dead, like those of the world who have said God is dead.

Neither in the OT nor the NT is any man excused from keeping God's law, and certainly not justified by transgressing it.

He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

The only difference between Christians and Jews, is that we are now justified by doing the works of the law from a pure heart of Christ.

Many were judged blameless in the law of God beginning with Abraham and concluding with Jesus, but Jesus was the only man acceptable to God and justified to be the propitiation for the sins of the whole world. He is justified to be the Lamb of God for the whole world, precisely because He did ket the law from His youth up, and with a pure heart uncorrupted by the lust of the world.

That is now what Jesus comes to do for them that would keep the law of God righteously, and be justified freely by Him through faith in Jesus.

Another difference in keeping the law of God in the NT as opposed to the Old, is that now we do the law of Christ written by His apostles, rather than the law of Christ written by Moses.

And the greatest difference between the law that of Moses and the law of Christ, is that the law of Christ is now both inward and outward in works. It's the law of the Spirit that we can now obey and first be pure within, that we may also walk after the Spirit with pure works of God's righteousness.

Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

Neither Jesus nor His prophets nor His apostles ever commands any man to not keep the law of God. That is a ridiculous proposition taught by some Christians, that rebel against being 'bound' by commandment of God to keep and do His law and righteousness.

Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying, Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

The risen Lord and God of Israel sits on His throne in utter derision of any Christian gospel, that declares keeping His law is a sin, and that the works of His law are sinful and have nothing to do with being justified by Him.

The One who kept the law in all points to become the Lamb of God for all men, cannot possibly be telling all men not to keep His law in any point.

The Bible says the opposite, that we ought to keep His law in all points, and so walk as He walked on earth.

If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well: But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors. For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
Christians have the New Covenant promise that God writes His law on their hearts and minds (Jer 31:31-34; Ro 2:6-16,26,27, 3:31, 8:4, 13:8-10), and, so, if they walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit (Ro 8:12,13), they are deemed "doers of the Law", even without knowing the Law (Ro 2:14).