Keeping faith simple

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TeamJesus

May 9, 2011
New Zealand
It grieves me greatly when I see Christians using their faith as a means to getting bigger, better and more things in their life. Faith is not a vehicle to get things but rather the very way to endure not having all the world calls important. Using faith to reach financial and popularity milestones is horribly wrong and a slap in the face of our Savior who gave His life for us.

Whether common men or kings; throughout the Bible are many tributes to those whose primary concern in this life was to please God through having faith in Him. For these people, faith was hardly a means to getting more but rather the very essence of Godliness and righteousness.

From the time Abel offered the preferred sacrifice through faith to time which lies ahead when those who stand firm in their faith will both suffer and be glorified; faith represents the most important thing to these people and their very reason for living. Only those with impure hearts and motive would dare use faith for selfish gain.

I see within Christianity a mentality of entitlement. They feel entitled to some kind of materialistic abundant life strictly because of their faith. Personally, I believe this is all wrong and in fact, backwards from the way it should be. Instead of living with the mistaken notion we deserve anything but death, we should live with the deepest appreciation and gratitude that we have been spared from the horrors brought on by sin.

A lion, bear or other wild animal can be trained to perform tricks by giving a treat for doing things right. Although many people do the same thing with dogs, it really is not necessary for by nature, a dog s response to love is the desire to please and be a blessing. Of course a dog fully expects to be fed and occasional given treats, but the greatest reward comes in loving pats and tender words given by the master. This is what a dog lives for.

Our faith is what pulls us through the hard times and gives us hope of eternal reward. Our love for our Master is what motivates us to serve and obey Him and His tender mercies and grace sustains us.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
There's nothing wrong with Christians owning nice things. It's when nice things own Christians that makes it wrong.

Matthew 6:33 (ESV)
[sup]33 [/sup]But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

Mark 11:24 (ESV)
[sup]24 [/sup]Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

This promise from God is repeated many times in the Bible.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unfortunately, Christians in the modern world have a just world mentality. If you work hard, you deserve whatever you can afford. Christians are always blessed, right? We forget that the rain falls on the just and the unjust. The crazy part about it is that we allow our pride to dictate our justification of our wealth and judgment of those who are less wealthy. We need to follow Christ's example.

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
Well Ducky...wish you could come spend a couple of weeks with me here in Aussieland....You would be awe struck at how God works with this Georgia girl.....He provides all I need, has given me all I have here....I came for holiday and got stuck when hubby had heart attack...that was 8 years ago...I run a complete volunteer charity.....it is a 24/7 for homeless, less fortunate, disabled and the elderly....If interested I will tell you some of the miracles God has done....including but not limited to providing me a bed a total of 8 times and a sofa a total of 12 times....my pastor finally convinced me God is okay with me owing a bed...but if someone needs it, they can have it....