Keeping Jesus' commands is requirement for salvation, not the doctrine of trinity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Selene said:
The Apostles believed in the Holy Trinity They understood the nature of God to be "three persons in one God." They knew that Christ was God incarnate. The modalists came in the second century and was founded by Theodotus. The modualists were first called "Theodotians" after their founder.

You are correct in that one does not need to believe in the Trinity to be saved. Yet, it helps one to understand His true nature.
The apostles did not believe in a "Holy Trinity" of "three persons in one God", but rather clearly recognized Jesus as God's "only-begotten Son."(John 3:16) For example, after Peter had healed a man who lame in his feet since birth, he told the Jewish crowd: "The God of Abraham and of Isaac and of Jacob, the God of our forefathers, has glorified his Servant, Jesus, whom you, for your part, delivered up and disowned before Pilate's face, when he had decided to release him. Yes, you disowned that holy and righteous one......whereas you killed the Chief Agent of Life. But God raised him up from the dead."(Acts 3:13-15)

Furthermore, Peter then said that "God has fulfilled the things he announced before hand through the mouth of the prophets that his Christ would suffer."(Acts 3:18) Hence, Jesus is God's "Servant" and "his Christ", not part of a Godhead, as has been promoted by Christendom.

At Matthew 12, the apostle Matthew quotes from Isaiah 42:1, saying: "Look ! My servant whom I chose, my beloved, whom my soul approved ! I will put my spirit upon him, and what justice is he will make clear to the nations."(Matt 12:18) Hence, Matthew identified that Jesus was God's "servant", calling him "my servant whom I chose" and that Jesus was "approved" by God, receiving God's holy spirit as a token of his acceptance. Can this be pointing toward a trinity ? To the contrary, it shows Jesus as subservient to God, not equal to him.

The apostle Paul said to the Corinthians: "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ "(2 Cor 1:3) as well to the Ephesians: "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ" (Eph 1:3, 17) as well as Philippians: "For this very reason also God exalted him to a superior position and kindly gave him a name that is above every other name......that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father" (Phil 2:9, 11)

Also to the Corinthians, Paul wrote that "there is actually (Greek alla, meaning "but, contrariwise" such as verse 5 of being "many gods") to us one God (not three persons in one God) the Father.....and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ."(1 Cor 8:6) Paul clearly distinguished God from Jesus, showing that Jesus is a "Lord" but not God.

And Jesus himself told the Samaritan woman: "You worship what you do not know; we worship (Jesus included himself) what we know....the hour is coming, and it is now, when true worshipers will worship the Father (not Jesus) with spirit and truth, for, indeed, the Father is looking for suchlike ones to worship him (not Jesus)."(John 4:22, 23) Thus, Jesus included himself in worshiping God the Father and directed everyone toward worshiping God the Father.

And just hours before his death, Jesus said in prayer to his Father: "This means everlasting life, their taking in (accurate) knowledge of you, the only true God and of the one who you sent forth (Greek apostello, meaning "to be sent on a mission or commissioned"), Jesus Christ."(John 17:3) Jesus clearly defines himself as separate from his Father, God, being "sent forth" by him to accomplish his will, calling his Father "the only true God."

Reactions: meshak

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Guestman said:
The apostles did not believe in a "Holy Trinity" of "three persons in one God", but rather clearly recognized Jesus as God's "only-begotten Son."(John 3:16) For example, after Peter had healed a man who lame in his feet since birth, he told the Jewish crowd: "The God of Abraham and of Isaac and of Jacob, the God of our forefathers, has glorified his Servant, Jesus, whom you, for your part, delivered up and disowned before Pilate's face, when he had decided to release him. Yes, you disowned that holy and righteous one......whereas you killed the Chief Agent of Life. But God raised him up from the dead."(Acts 3:13-15)

Furthermore, Peter then said that "God has fulfilled the things he announced before hand through the mouth of the prophets that his Christ would suffer."(Acts 3:18) Hence, Jesus is God's "Servant" and "his Christ", not part of a Godhead, as has been promoted by Christendom.

At Matthew 12, the apostle Matthew quotes from Isaiah 42:1, saying: "Look ! My servant whom I chose, my beloved, whom my soul approved ! I will put my spirit upon him, and what justice is he will make clear to the nations."(Matt 12:18) Hence, Matthew identified that Jesus was God's "servant", calling him "my servant whom I chose" and that Jesus was "approved" by God, receiving God's holy spirit as a token of his acceptance. Can this be pointing toward a trinity ? To the contrary, it shows Jesus as subservient to God, not equal to him.

The apostle Paul said to the Corinthians: "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ "(2 Cor 1:3) as well to the Ephesians: "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ" (Eph 1:3, 17) as well as Philippians: "For this very reason also God exalted him to a superior position and kindly gave him a name that is above every other name......that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father" (Phil 2:9, 11)

Also to the Corinthians, Paul wrote that "there is actually (Greek alla, meaning "but, contrariwise" such as verse 5 of being "many gods") to us one God (not three persons in one God) the Father.....and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ."(1 Cor 8:6) Paul clearly distinguished God from Jesus, showing that Jesus is a "Lord" but not God.

And Jesus himself told the Samaritan woman: "You worship what you do not know; we worship (Jesus included himself) what we know....the hour is coming, and it is now, when true worshipers will worship the Father (not Jesus) with spirit and truth, for, indeed, the Father is looking for suchlike ones to worship him (not Jesus)."(John 4:22, 23) Thus, Jesus included himself in worshiping God the Father and directed everyone toward worshiping God the Father.

And just hours before his death, Jesus said in prayer to his Father: "This means everlasting life, their taking in (accurate) knowledge of you, the only true God and of the one who you sent forth (Greek apostello, meaning "to be sent on a mission or commissioned"), Jesus Christ."(John 17:3) Jesus clearly defines himself as separate from his Father, God, being "sent forth" by him to accomplish his will, calling his Father "the only true God."
The Apostles did believe that Jesus is God. Jesus is true man and true God. The difference between Christianity and other religions is that God came down to meet mankind. God is love, and Love does not stay afar off from a distance. Love comes to meet His Bride the Church so that they become one. Jesus is God incarnate.

Philippians 2:5-6 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God,