Kindness and faith in the bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jennifer Rogers

Mar 10, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kindness is a noble deed aimed at helping others. Kindness has existed in people since they appeared on earth, as an attribute endowed with God. What the Bible says about kindness, let's find out through the article below.

FBbP7c0.jpg

In the Gospel, Jesus emphasizes compassion in human relationships. He taught: “Whatever you want people to do, do it to the first” (Matthew 7:12). He also taught that we are happy when we give without caring. The heart of tolerance and concern for others will be answered by the Lord himself: "He will give back to you when you give, and as much as you take, you will receive in return" (Luke 6:38) In the parable of the Good Samaritan. Jesus commends the kindness of this man, who sympathizes with and helps unidentified victims and takes care of them.

The goodness of God is central to biblical teaching. God is good. His kindness is expressed by many different names: holy, benevolent, benevolent, patient, tolerant, and forgiving. His kindness is a model for man, a goal for which man must strive: “Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect (Matthew 5:48). You should improve yourself, first try to eliminate your shortcomings yourself, then show kindness through kind gestures to those around you. Charity is the most important commandment of believers, so much so that by practicing charity they fulfill the Law (Romans 13:10). In exercising kindness toward others, believers believe they are reflecting God's mercy, for God is "slow to anger and abounding in love" (Psalm 102:8).

“Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see” (Mark Twain, American writer 1835-1019). True kindness is not based on “winged words”, but comes from the heart and is easily felt by others. Kindness spreads like a flower, does not make noise, does not fake praise, but is sincere and oriented towards others and has a kind heart.

Whoever gives kindness will be reciprocated. Rainer Maria Rike, an Austrian poet (1875-1926), wrote: “Miracles happen to those who truly love: the more they give, the more they have.” Saint Francis of Assisi affirms to us: “It is in giving that we receive; It is when we forget ourselves that we find ourselves.” Surely all of us have experienced this miracle more than once in our lives: when we give, we receive. There is a saying: "Kindness is like a fire, the more you give it, the more it spreads and grows". You and I, today, let's try to do a good deed, however small and simple, to the people we meet. Kind and friendly words to encourage those who are sad and pessimistic, or to help those who are mentally or physically lonely, are essential to human relationships. Maybe that help is needed in relation to fellow human beings. That helping may not do anything big or have world-changing ambitions, but one thing is for sure, you and I can both experience the joy of participating in an act of kindness of God in our lives live.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kindness is a noble deed aimed at helping others. Kindness has existed in people since they appeared on earth, as an attribute endowed with God. What the Bible says about kindness, let's find out through the article below.

FBbP7c0.jpg

In the Gospel, Jesus emphasizes compassion in human relationships. He taught: “Whatever you want people to do, do it to the first” (Matthew 7:12). He also taught that we are happy when we give without caring. The heart of tolerance and concern for others will be answered by the Lord himself: "He will give back to you when you give, and as much as you take, you will receive in return" (Luke 6:38) In the parable of the Good Samaritan. Jesus commends the kindness of this man, who sympathizes with and helps unidentified victims and takes care of them.

The goodness of God is central to biblical teaching. God is good. His kindness is expressed by many different names: holy, benevolent, benevolent, patient, tolerant, and forgiving. His kindness is a model for man, a goal for which man must strive: “Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect (Matthew 5:48). You should improve yourself, first try to eliminate your shortcomings yourself, then show kindness through kind gestures to those around you. Charity is the most important commandment of believers, so much so that by practicing charity they fulfill the Law (Romans 13:10). In exercising kindness toward others, believers believe they are reflecting God's mercy, for God is "slow to anger and abounding in love" (Psalm 102:8).

“Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see” (Mark Twain, American writer 1835-1019). True kindness is not based on “winged words”, but comes from the heart and is easily felt by others. Kindness spreads like a flower, does not make noise, does not fake praise, but is sincere and oriented towards others and has a kind heart.

Whoever gives kindness will be reciprocated. Rainer Maria Rike, an Austrian poet (1875-1926), wrote: “Miracles happen to those who truly love: the more they give, the more they have.” Saint Francis of Assisi affirms to us: “It is in giving that we receive; It is when we forget ourselves that we find ourselves.” Surely all of us have experienced this miracle more than once in our lives: when we give, we receive. There is a saying: "Kindness is like a fire, the more you give it, the more it spreads and grows". You and I, today, let's try to do a good deed, however small and simple, to the people we meet. Kind and friendly words to encourage those who are sad and pessimistic, or to help those who are mentally or physically lonely, are essential to human relationships. Maybe that help is needed in relation to fellow human beings. That helping may not do anything big or have world-changing ambitions, but one thing is for sure, you and I can both experience the joy of participating in an act of kindness of God in our lives live.

Very good post Jenny, in fact you opened with not only one of my favorite scriptures, but one of the best as well. Could you imagine the world if everyone would practice that. The scene of this world is changing maam, just a couple of days ago I was in town, and thinking about going to an old car wash I use to hang out in in a bad section of town, now this was around 3 in the afternoon, and because it was in a bad section of town, I decided not to go there, rather to drive past it, as soon as I was just past it, boom, a shot rang out from that car wash I believe, scared the heck out of me. I don't know what happened, but no doubt it wasn't good. We have shootings here almost daily. I was thinking at that point how much nicer it would be if people practiced that "golden rule".

Reactions: Jennifer Rogers

Jennifer Rogers

Mar 10, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very good post Jenny, in fact you opened with not only one of my favorite scriptures, but one of the best as well. Could you imagine the world if everyone would practice that. The scene of this world is changing maam, just a couple of days ago I was in town, and thinking about going to an old car wash I use to hang out in in a bad section of town, now this was around 3 in the afternoon, and because it was in a bad section of town, I decided not to go there, rather to drive past it, as soon as I was just past it, boom, a shot rang out from that car wash I believe, scared the heck out of me. I don't know what happened, but no doubt it wasn't good. We have shootings here almost daily. I was thinking at that point how much nicer it would be if people practiced that "golden rule".
I hope you're better now after the shootings. God will bless you and those around you. Blessing!

The Disciple John

Mar 11, 2022
Dennery
Faith
Christian
Country
Saint Lucia

FBbP7c0.jpg

Very good post.
I was looking for the part about faith, but maybe I missed it, since I may need to read it more than superficially.

Reactions: Jennifer Rogers

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was born and raised in Newark and have been held at gun point and jumped and chased by a gang of Hispanics, simply because I am White, how nice that would be, if everyone showed kindness and faith, the world would be a better place, wouldn't it?

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know what happened, but no doubt it wasn't good. We have shootings here almost daily.
My doctor told me that he advises all his patients to avoid gunshot wounds. That's probably sound medical advice.

My Defensive Pistol instructors also recommend de-escalation techniques as it is preferable to avoid getting into fire-fights, even as they train us what to do if we do get into a gunfight. Blessed be the peacemakers...

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was born and raised in Newark and have been held at gun point and jumped and chased by a gang of Hispanics, simply because I am White, how nice that would be, if everyone showed kindness and faith, the world would be a better place, wouldn't it?
Amen John. I really feel for our kids, and even adults that are stuck in situations with so few options.

Reactions: JohnPaul

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My doctor told me that he advises all his patients to avoid gunshot wounds. That's probably sound medical advice.

My Defensive Pistol instructors also recommend de-escalation techniques as it is preferable to avoid getting into fire-fights, even as they train us what to do if we do get into a gunfight. Blessed be the peacemakers...

I have to say sir, most of the time I don't pay attention to doctors, but I have to side in agreement that sounds like sound medical advice to me as well. Another one that my doc says, if it tastes good, spit it out.

Reactions: Lambano